Saturday, March 16, 2024

THE STORY BEHIND THE STORY - A GENTLEMAN CAVEMAN by Alex L Michaels


THE STORY BEHIND THE STORY
A Gentleman Caveman

 

Get a behind-the-scenes all-access pass to Alex L Michaels' A Gentleman Caveman!

***Synopsis***

This book is an enemies-to-lovers romance. The MMC is an OTT jealous/possessive alphahole used to getting his way. The FMC is an independent, sassy architect who is as stubborn as he is persistent. He hires her to renovate his villa and she accepts, not knowing that he is a man, and she never works with men due to a bad experience in her past. But when they meet, sparks fly.


What is the sub-genre and trope? Did your characters lead you to this genre or was that decided before the story began? 

The tropes are insta hate/lust, forced proximity, opposites attract, push&pull. The outline was decided prior to the story, but my characters eventually led me down the road I didn’t expect they would take.


Are you more character or plot driven? 

This book is definitely more character driven. It deals with their past experiences and traumas and how they deal with them in the present.


With many main and secondary characters, how do you keep them separated in your mind? Do you have a story/vision board above your workspace? 

I don’t do story boards or anything similar. All my characters usually have some distinguishing quirks that make them different and easy to remember.


I know from previous interviews that characters take on a life of their own. Were any of the characters in this series determined to take their own direction instead of where you initially wanted them to go? 

It always happens for me. The characters are living their life and I’m just writing it down.


Are any of the male/female POVs based on anyone you know? 

No.


Was there any one character/scene that was harder to write about than the other?

If I have a sideline character in a scene, and it’s a character I don’t particularly like, then it’s harder for me to write it.


I know that we aren’t supposed to have “favorites” as far as our children, but seriously, who’s your favorite character and why? 

My MMC Lawrence Barbara is definitely my favorite character. He’s so OTT it’s hilarious.


How do you get inside these characters’ heads to find their perfect HEA? 

I just test them through different situations until I feel they’ve grown enough and that they are different persons than they were in the beginning. Then it’s time for a HEA.


What scene in this book/series sticks out the most for you? Why? 

I can’t say that without spoiling the book, but there’s an intense scene in the third act that pained me to write.


This question is if you write in MULTIPLE POVs not just the hero and heroine - I love the multiple POVs in a book. It’s not just the hero and heroine, but we get inside the heads of multiple characters throughout this series. I feel that it gives the story further depth. Do you think you will write another book or series following this multiple POV outline?

I usually just write hero/heroine POV, although I have considered writing a book where there would be a third POV, probably a villain of sorts.


How long did it take you to write this book? 

I wrote it fairly quickly, although I had to take a pause at one point, because of some personal issues going on.


How did you come up with the title for your book? 

The working title, which I loved by the way, was Belladonna, which is the name of the villa in which the MMC lives. However, after I got the idea of who my MMC would be and what would he be like, A Gentleman Caveman made so much more sense.


If you met these characters in real life would you get along? 

Oh, yeah. My FMC would probably be my bestie. And I would have a crush on my MMC.


If your book/series were made into a movie, which actors do you see as playing your characters? 

Oh, gosh. Not sure. 

My heroine is very specific-looking with her long, curly, bright orange hair. 

My hero is “tall, dark and handsome”. All my heroes are. I have a type and I admit it.


Can you give us a hint as to what we can expect next? Whether a new book and series or a sequel to an existing series? Can you share a small tease?

I am working on a continuation of something. I don’t know if I will ever publish it because the previous book was a standalone, and I didn’t plan on writing sequels. So it may just end up in my personal library.


Check out all my interviews/reviews for Alex L Michaels!



Alex L. Michaels has been addicted to reading and writing ever since she learned how to walk. She writes swoon-worthy romance with domineering, dirty-talking alpha heroes and sassy, independent heroines.

She is a movie buff, TV series addict and a horror aficionado, but books always come first. If she's not writing or reading, she's either watching a horror movie, plotting her next novel or chasing her dreams.

Connect with Alex:

Email:

Website:

Amazon:

Goodreads:

Bookbub:

Facebook:

Instagram:

Twitter:

Pinterest:

Newsletter Signup:




A GENTLEMAN CAVEMAN by Alex L Michaels

Spotlight coming March 16th!

Available in Kindle Unlimited!

He was a hustler. A scoundrel. An opportunist. His lack of manners was shocking, his vocabulary the stuff of nightmares. No sense of propriety stood in the way of his inflated ego and no notion of civility prevented him from opening his mouth. His arrogance was off the charts, and with the face he had, it was no wonder. But he needed a lesson in civility, and he was about to get one.

She was a spinster from hell. Uptight. High-and-mighty. Not too pretty, but with that body, she didn’t need a pretty face. But that insolence of hers—it wouldn’t let me sleep at night. It made me think of ways of shutting her up. She may have been an accomplished, independent woman with a brain, wit, and grace. But she needed a real man, and she was about to get one.

A Gentleman Caveman is a super steamy enemies-to-lovers romance featuring a dirty-talking alphahole used to getting his way. This novel contains graphic language, explicit sexuality, and a dash of taboo. For mature readers only 18+.

No comments:

Post a Comment