Sunday, December 3, 2023

THE STORY BEHIND THE STORY - Trust in Magic Series by N Dune


THE STORY BEHIND THE STORY
Trust in Magic Series

 

Get a behind-the-scenes all-access pass to the Trust in Magic Series by N Dune!


***Synopsis***

A dark, steamy paranormal fantasy series set in future dystopian Britain. Humans have all but disappeared, and now the country is in the hands of the supernaturals.

Not content to live together in peace, power struggles erupt between the species. Each book follows a different group of characters, but for a better reader experience, it is advised to read them in order.

This series is for adults only, please read the trigger warnings carefully.


What is the sub-genre and trope? Did your characters lead you to this genre or was that decided before the story began?

The books are very dark, much darker than my contemporary books. We have fated mates, found mates and forced mates, wolf shifters, witches, vampires and fae. They are slow-burn and slightly dystopian.

I have always read paranormal romance, so it was only a matter of time before characters started to talk to me. I absolutely love writing about all the magic, and I’m particularly fond of wolf shifters.


Are you more character or plot-driven?

Most definitely character-driven, I’m just along for the ride.


With many main and secondary characters, how do you keep them separated in your mind? Do you have a story/vision board above your workspace?

I have a notebook where I write down relevant character traits, essential as some of my side characters insist on having their own books. The characters have different personalities, and they come across differently in my head.


I know from previous interviews that characters take on a life of their own. Were any of the characters in this series determined to take their own direction instead of where you initially wanted them to go?

These characters are determined to have the story written the way they want it to be written, and there is no telling them how it should go. 

I had no idea where this series would go, and I didn’t even know there would be more than one book; that only became apparent once I started writing Within Her Magic. The world exploded in my head; so many characters wanted their own stories.


Are any of the male POVs based on anyone you know?

Not in this series, no, these characters are totally their own beings.


Are any of the female POVs based on anyone you know?

No, these characters are super feisty, bloodthirsty and amazingly strong. There is no comparison to anyone I know.


Was there any one character/scene that was harder to write about than the other?

One scene in Within Her Magic made me and my editor cry each time we read it. It was a difficult scene to write because I didn’t want it to go the way it did, but the character was determined, so I had no choice.


What is your favorite book in the series? 

I love every book in this series, but maybe Within Her Magic more because it was my first paranormal book.


I know that we aren’t supposed to have “favorites” as far as our children, but seriously, who’s your favorite character and why?

I think Merissa and Kayden are my favourites. They are totally nuts.


Series question - Who is your favorite couple and why did you decide on their dynamics?

Yes, Merissa and Kayden are so funny together, and he is super dominant, but she’s not taking any of his shit because she’s an incredible witch, so it leads to so much fun throughout the series.


How do you get inside these characters’ heads to find their perfect HEA?

I never know where these books are going to end and whether they will have a happy ending, but when I wrote book three I kind of knew where we were going to be going and what ending I wanted, but I had to wait to see what the characters had in mind.


What scene in this book/series sticks out the most for you? Why?

There are some seriously spicy scenes in this series, and I do love those. Especially the times the wolves come out to play.


Series - Were any of the books harder to write than others?

Because all the books are dark, parts are hard to write but my characters insist on it, so I push through. Book three was probably the hardest and most exhausting.


How long did it take you to write this series?

These books take a long time to write; they are long and complex, so it usually takes months and months to write them around my everyday life.


How did you come up with the title for your book and series?

The title came to me whilst I was writing it; it’s still called PNR Book One on my computer. Once I started writing in this world, the other titles kind of just evolved.


If you met these characters in real life would you get along?

I’m pretty sure I’d be scared if I met them in real life, but Kayden is special, so I think I could be brave for him.


Series question – Did you know in advance that you were going to write this as a series or did one of the characters in book one demand their own story?

As with most of my books, I never know there will be more books until the characters start talking. 

Within Her Magic was intended to be a standalone, but the other characters wouldn’t hear of it. I have, however, completed the story arc of the three books in Without Magic. 

There will likely be more written in this world, but I can’t say when because that depends on my characters.


If your book/series were made into a movie, which actors do you see as playing your characters?

I’m not sure who I would want playing them, but I’d certainly want input as I couldn’t have just anyone playing my characters.


Can you give us a hint as to what we can expect next? Whether a new book and series or a sequel to an existing series? Can you share a small tease?

I am hoping to return to my Beyond the Tide world to complete the duet that has been hanging about for a bit in my works in progress. I’ve usually got at least three or four books on the go at one time. 

As for Trust in Magic, I have at least two more books in different stages of being written, but I also have an entirely different paranormal romance that I started writing too. 

Plus, a Stepbrother romance, but that’s on the back burner at the moment.


A small tease? Maybe from one of the books in the Trust in Magic series:

The moment she portalled into this part of the Fae occupied Isle that was once Ireland, I felt her presence. The pull of my bond throbbing in my chest, pulling my c*ck to attention.


Check out all my interviews/reviews for N Dune!



N Dune is a British author who lives with her husband and three children in the South West of England. Having spent years ignoring the voices in her head, she is finally letting them out to tell their stories. A true pantser, she allows her characters full rein and takes you on their journey with little control over what they want to happen.

N Dune writes steamy contemporary, fantasy and paranormal romance, often with a dark twist and usually full of angst. All of her books are written, for the most part, in British English, with occasional word exceptions in some.


Connect with N Dune:

Website: https://nduneauthor.com/

Amazon: https://amzn.to/414a53i

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/21312373.N_Dune

Bookbub: https://www.bookbub.com/authors/n-dune

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NDuneauthor

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/nduneauthor/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/AuthorNDune

TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@authorndune https://www.tiktok.com/@nduneauthor

Newsletter Signup: https://nduneauthor.com/newsletter/


WITHIN HER MAGIC by N Dune
Trust in Magic - Book 1

Available in Kindle Unlimited!

Merissa
My time in the shadows has come to an end. It’s time to stand up and fight.

After the brutal murder of her parents and being forced to leave her beloved sister behind, Merissa has been single-minded in her mission—learn to control her magic and become a more powerful witch in order to return to the wolves’ territory and free her sister.

Kayden
My wolf grows restless with his need to protect and claim her.

Four years ago, on the day of his brother’s wedding, Kayden met his fated mate and vowed to keep her safe and out of his father’s clutches. Now she is no longer the young, inexperienced witch he let go and tried to protect. She is a warrior, a force to be reckoned with, and he intends to claim her.


Within Her Magic is a dark paranormal fantasy and not for the pearl clutchers amongst you. Not suitable for under 18’s. Triggers include violence (lots of it), dubious and non consent, and death, which may require a whole box of tissues. You can also expect some steamy scenes.



SURROUNDED BY MAGIC by N Dune
Trust in Magic - Book 2

Available in Kindle Unlimited!

In a world where mates are rare, destiny has brought Lileth three - a vicious Vampire, a nerdy Witch, and a stubborn Fae. As they travel through the once great British Isle searching for answers and trying to find allies for the new Alpha of the Northern Territory, everything is not as it seems.

Surrounded by a dark force, they will need to use their combined strength, skills and power to determine what is true and what is fake.
Will their love survive? Or will their fragile, newly formed bond be broken?

Surrounded By Magic is a dark paranormal fantasy for adults and book two in the Trust In Magic series. This steamy romance contains themes that some readers may find disturbing, so please read the trigger warning carefully.
For a better reading experience, it is suggested that you read Within Her Magic first.



WITHOUT MAGIC by N Dune
Trust in Magic - Book 3


He will make her bleed
She will make him beg
But without magic, will there be anything left to save?

Melody
Torn from her home and ripped away from her mate, Melody is trapped on a barren island. Her mate bond has been severed, but that is not the only pain she must endure.
An evil coven resides on the island, and the devious leader has set his sights on Melody.
She has two choices… give up and succumb to his magic or fight to return to those she loves.

Malaki
Captured. Chained. Used.
Malaki needs to find his mate, and no severed bond is going to change that.
However, trouble is brewing and unrest between the species threatens his barely repaired territory, which means Malaki must first fulfil his duty as Alpha when all he wants to do is follow his heart.

Without Magic is a dark paranormal fantasy for adults. This steamy, slow-burn romance contains dark themes and triggers, including but not limited to childbirth, dubious/non-consent (a lot), and violence. This is book three in the Trust in Magic series, and for a better reading experience, it is suggested that you read books one and two first.

No comments:

Post a Comment