Monday, May 29, 2023

THE STORY BEHIND THE STORY - A LOVE THAT FORGOT TO DIE by Tatum Whispers (Love and Unity Anthology)


THE STORY BEHIND THE STORY
A Love That Forgot to Die

 

Get a behind-the-scenes all-access pass to Tatum Whisper's A Love That Forgot to Die!


SYNOPSIS:

The story is about an MMA fighter Enzo Santiago that meets his coach, Jack’s daughter, and falls in love with her. 

When Enzo and Leia meet, she just turned eighteen, which means that she is practically forbidden. With her being so young, and a very stern warning from Jack, Enzo keeps his feelings for Leia a secret. He pushes her to the side and tries to forget about her.

But years later when Jack passes away, he asks Enzo to promise that he will look after Leia. With him being so close to Leia again, all these feelings came back to the surface. He starts fighting this internal battle with himself…Does he break his promise to Jack and not fool around with his daughter, or does he finally follow his heart and get the girl that he has always wanted?

 

What is the sub-genre and trope?  Did your characters lead you to this genre or was that decided before the story began?

Second-chance, forbidden, age gap, MMA

Initially, it was supposed to be a Mafia Romance, but after creating the vision of my character, I decided that MMA would be a better fit for him.


Are you more character or plot driven?

I am equally the same, though my characters do lead the direction into which my story eventually flows.


With many main and secondary characters, how do you keep them separated in your mind?  Do you have a story/vision board above your workspace?

I keep photos of the models that represent my characters pinned up on my wall.


I know from previous interviews that characters take on a life of their own.  Were any of the characters in this series determined to take their own direction instead of where you initially wanted them to go?

The male lead in this story has taken a life of his own. I find that I am constantly in a battle with him to stay on plot.


Are any of the male POVs based on anyone you know?

No, not in this story.


Are any of the female POVs based on anyone you know?

No, not in this story.


Was there any one character/scene that was harder to write about than the other?

The scenes where he is in the ring, I find writing the fighting scenes much harder than anything else. I generally write Mafia, so MMA is a whole new playground for me.


I know that we aren’t supposed to have “favorites” as far as our children, but seriously, who’s your favorite character and why?

In this book, I would say that it is Enzo. He is a cocky alpha male laced with so much passion and heart.


How do you get inside these character’s heads to find their perfect HEA?

I let the character guide and talk to me, telling me what their emotional limits are and how far I am allowed to push them to get to that point where they find the ultimate love that they are looking for. I like putting my characters through trials, and very difficult times so they can prove themselves to each other.

 

What scene in this book/series sticks out the most for you?  Why?

The scene where Enzo finally throws caution to the wind and takes that step towards what his heart desires. He lays his heart bare to Leia and takes that risk that he has been fighting against ever since he made his promise to Jack.


How long did it take you to write this book?

I am still writing on this one but am near to the end. 

Deadline for manuscripts will be the 15 August 2022, so I should have it all wrapped up by then.


How did you come up with the title for your book?

I wanted to show that even though Enzo and Leia fell in love with each other 10 years ago, that after all the years that has past, their love for each other is still as strong as ever. So hence I came up with “A Love That Forgot To Die”.


If you met these characters in real life would you get along?

Oh, definitely yes, especially with the model that I have chosen for Enzo.


If your book/series were made into a movie, which actors do you see as playing your characters?

For Enzo I would say Aaron Diaz as he is the model I have chosen for him to look like. 

For Leia I would like someone like Scarlett Johansson.


Can you give us a hint as to what we can expect next?  Whether a new book and series or a sequel to an existing series?  Can you share a small tease?

Currently, I am busy publishing My Mafia Princess. Thereafter will be the second and third book in the series. 

I am also planning on publishing Baby Doll in the near future. 

But ultimately I would like to publish a Mafia Syndicate Series that will feature all the leading men in every single mafia book I have written to date.

 

Check out all my interviews/reviews for Tatum Whispers!
https://readingbydeb.blogspot.com/2022/06/author-at-glance-tatum-whispers.html#more



BIO:

Writing has always been a hobby for me.  However, it was not always something I thought I could make a living with.  After winning a short story competition in 2020, I realized I had something valuable to share with the world and turned to writing full time.

Since turning my passion into a profession, I have written prolifically and am constantly exploring new themes, genres and ideas.  It's incredibly hard work, but I have never been happier than when I sit down at my desk putting the opening words to a new book or story on paper.


Connect with Tatum:

Email:

Website:

GoodReads:

BookBub:

Facebook:

Instagram:

Twitter:

Newsletter Sign-Up:





 


No comments:

Post a Comment