Wednesday, June 5, 2024

THE STORY BEHIND THE STORY - AFFECTIONATELY YOURS by Emily Foxx


THE STORY BEHIND THE STORY
Affectionately Yours

 

Get a behind-the-scenes all-access pass to Affectionately Yours by Emily Foxx!


***Synopsis*** 

From Australian Romance Author Emily Foxx comes her new standalone, a friends-to-lovers romance with a compassionate heroine and a damaged but lovable hero.

Doctor Bradley Stephens
Evelyn is a childhood friend. When I moved away from Bluebeach Bay, she would write letters to me, to remind me I was brave.

Never did I think she would make another impression on me when I moved back to my childhood home to start a doctor’s practice.

She reaches a part of me I have closed off to women.

My heart.

Dark memories from my past make sure of that.

Evelyn Cassano
When Bradley meets me for coffee, we reconnect. It’s like old times.

When I finally let him know how I feel, I realize he feels the same way.

However, the more time I spend with him, I learn his past is in his present.

It causes trouble because he won’t open up to me when I am the only person who truly understands him.

An emotionally driven and passionate, friends-to-lovers story, with a twist of drama and suspense.

Mature audiences only.

Some dark themes.

Check website for content warnings

 

What is the sub-genre and trope? Did your characters lead you to this genre or was that decided before the story began?

Bradley comes from a broken home. He was adopted and moved away. His childhood friend, Evelyn wrote to him. It’s a friend to lovers story, with romantic suspense.


Are you more character or plot-driven?

Both


With many main and secondary characters, how do you keep them separated in your mind? Do you have a story/vision board above your workspace?

Character profile.


I know from previous interviews that characters take on a life of their own. Were any of the characters in this series determined to take their own direction instead of where you initially wanted them to go?

Yes, Bradley wasn’t dealing with the fall out in his life well. Brad and Evie had already been through so much, but in saying that, he did the right thing – they got their happy ever after.


Are any of the male POVs based on anyone you know?

No


Are any of the female POVs based on anyone you know?

No


Was there any one character/scene that was harder to write about than the other?

The scene where Bradley dreams about finding his mum dead.


I know that we aren’t supposed to have “favorites” as far as our children, but seriously, who’s your favorite character and why?

Bradley, because of what he went through as a child. Even though he hid a lot of angst from that time. It was Evelyn who helped him heal from is past.


How do you get inside these characters’ heads to find their perfect HEA?

Been childhood friends and having strong bond helped them through the harder times. It’s through these times, they realize they are made for each other.


What scene in this book/series sticks out the most for you? Why?

Oh, too many to count, to be honest. Overall, this story is my favorite by far.


How long did it take you to write this book?

A few years because I originally wrote part one of the story in 2016, but I scrapped it. It wasn’t until 2022 that I came up with the perfect storyline.


How did you come up with the title for your book?

When Evelyn would write to Bradley. She would write ‘Affectionately Yours’


If you met these characters in real life would you get along?

Yes, I would get along with Evelyn. She is down to earth. Story is based in my home town.


Check out all my interviews/reviews for Emily Foxx!





Australian Romantic Suspense Author
 
Mother, Wife and Romance Book Lover
 
Emily has loved to read since she was little. She particularly loves suspense stories. Then E. L. James' Fifty Shades came into the book world, and reignited the desire to read romantic suspense.
 
It was from there her passion for writing came about eight years ago when two women encouraged her to join their role playing group on Twitter.
 
Later the same year, she created the characters, Emily Moore and Rick Marshall, with her husband, Rick.
 
It's what brought her author career to life, and she adopted the name of Emily, then Emily Foxx pen name, was born.
 
Apart from writing intriguing love stories. In her spare time, she would be found reading a book or adventuring outdoors. But mostly devoting her time to her husband and family.

Connect with Emily:
 
Email: mailto:emily@emilyfoxxauthor.com

Linktr.ee:


Amazon:

Other Retailers:
Apple  |  B&N  |  Kobo  |  Smashwords

Goodreads:

Bookbub:

Facebook:

Instagram:

X:

Pinterest:

Newsletter Signup:



AFFECTIONATELY YOURS by Emily Foxx


Doctor Bradley Stephens
Evelyn is a childhood friend. When I moved away from Bluebeach Bay, she would write letters to me, to remind me I was brave.

Never did I think she would make another impression on me when I moved back to my childhood home to start a doctor’s practice.

She reaches a part of me I have closed off to women.

My heart.

Dark memories from my past make sure of that.

Evelyn Cassano
When Bradley meets me for coffee, we reconnect. It’s like old times.

When I finally let him know how I feel, I realize he feels the same way.

However, the more time I spend with him, I learn his past is in his present.

It causes trouble because he won’t open up to me when I am the only person who truly understands him.

An emotionally driven and passionate, friends-to-lovers story, with a twist of drama and suspense.

Mature audiences only.

Some dark themes.



No comments:

Post a Comment