Spence was hosing down the cleaning table and knew what his brother, Coulter, was going to say, but asked him anyway if Faith had any updates.
Their mother had drowned of a supposed heart attack, but after Coulter's fiancée, Kylie, had been murdered nine months afterward a new autopsy was done on their mother. Her death had been changed to undetermined and Spence and his siblings were determined to find out if the two deaths were related.
Faith, Coulter's new fiancée, was a detective for the Sheriff's Department and when the Sheriff's niece, Kylie, had been murdered, Waylon had asked Faith to investigate both cases, but when the Feds took Kylie's case from them and their mother's death was no longer considered accidental, the Sheriff told Faith to stop immediately and closed both cases.
But Coulter overheard a conversation their father and Waylon were having and when they confronted their dad, they found out the childhood friends had been keeping major secrets they were more determined to find out if there was a connection between the deaths.
I loved this story! It is very well written and the characters are fully developed and relatable. This series is meant to be read in order as the characters are interconnected and recurring throughout and there is an underlying mystery through these siblings' romances.
Spence captains one of the boats of their family's charter service and marina in the Florida Keys. Rowan is an author who needed a vacation from the harsh Maine winter and thought a visit with her friend, Faith, will help with her writer's block. When Faith asked her to take a look at the files, she welcomed the distraction.
This book is action-packed and full of suspense. I had moments of inappropriate laughter when Rowan encountered a Portuguese Man O' War, and within the first paragraph I was emmerced in the atmosphere of the Keys. I don't know if it has anyting to do with having visited the Keys when I lived in Florida, but I could smell the ocean through the pages.
I did not start this series from the beginning, something I will work on, but I loved the close-knit Rodman family dynamics. The weekly dinners with six siblings, their dad and their growing family as each sibling finds their mate. The story is spicy hot, full of fun, but with an underlying feeling of danger as their father's past is slowly revealed. Secrets that could destroy their family.
This book ends with an unresolved mystery and a cliffhanger that adds a surprising twist. Highly recommend!
HOOK, LINE & SINKER is book four of the SMUGGLERS COVE series
Get HOOK, LINE & SINKER today!
Available in Kindle Unlimited!
Start the SMUGGLERS COVE series now!
Available in Kindle Unlimited!
Check out all my interviews/reviews for Macy Butler!
No comments:
Post a Comment