Thursday, August 6, 2026

REVIEW - VICIOUS VOWS by Kristen Luciani


Patrick was leaving his penthouse when he was grabbed and stuck in a car trunk, being told he would pay off the debt or die trying.

His brother's debt. The debt that he inherited when he took over as the leader of his Irish mob family. Pedro's, the leader of the Castillo cartel, men must have been watching him for their chance. He had left his penthouse in a rage after breaking off his engagement with Kyla. 

Their fathers had arranged their marriage in order to protect her from the man who savagely murdered her mother and now had her in his crosshairs. But marrying him only added his enemies to the ones she already had. He was glad that Kyla and his brother, Quinn, were safely inside his penthouse when he was accosted.

Kyla wakes up still feeling drugged from whatever they had given her. When the woman walks into the room, she starts to remember, through the fog of drugs, being grabbed and Quinn being beaten. There was so much blood; she prayed he was still alive.

Carmen Castilla. Pedro Castilla's sister. They kidnapped her to teach her fiance a lesson. Only Patrick had canceled the wedding before slamming out the door.

I loved this book! It is very well written and the characters are fully developed and relatable. I did not realize that this was book two of a trilogy when I started reading. It wasn't until I started writing the review, so it makes sense why this book leaves you with a MAJOR cliffhanger. Although I plan to go back and read the first book in the trilogy, I think that the book gave the basics of the backstory for me to catch up.

This book is action-packed, full of mafia violence and smoking hot. Patrick and Kyla have a love/hate relationship that isn't any easier with all that now lies on his shoulders as the head of the Irish mafia. The cliffhanger was major and I can't wait to see how Patrick and Kyla's story ends. Highly recommend.

VICIOUS VOWS is book two of the RECKLESS REIGN TRILOGY

Get VICIOUS VOWS today!
Available in Kindle Unlimited!

Start the trilogy with CORRUPTED CROWN
Available in Kindle Unlimited!

Check out all my interviews/reviews of Kristen Luciani

No comments:

Post a Comment