Tuesday, October 26, 2021

INTERVIEW with JULIE CAPULET


I want to first thank Julie Capulet for taking the time for this interview!!!

BIO:

Julie Capulet writes contemporary romance starring sexy, obsessed alphas and the sweet & sassy women who bring them to their knees.

Her stories are inspired by true love and she's married to her own real life hero.

When she's not writing, she's reading, walking on the beach, drinking wine and watching rom-coms 


When and how did you know you wanted to be a writer?

I’ve always written stories and wrote my first romance novel soon after I met my husband.

We met in a bar and it was love at first sight. I don’t even know if I believed in love at first sight until it happened to me, but I knew within five minutes of meeting my husband that I would marry him.

It was a major case of insta-love and a whirlwind romance that really swept me off my feet. So my stories tend to re-create that lightning-bolt moment when you realize you’ve just met the love of your life.

Did you have any influencing writers growing up?

 Too many to list! My favorite romance author is Lisa Kleypas.

Are any of your characters based on people in real life?

 Yes! I find inspiration everywhere :)

Do you use a basic outline when starting a new story or do you let the characters lead the way?

I usually have a good idea of the story outline when I start writing a book.

Before I begin writing, I like to have a very clear idea of the two main characters, their backstories and what their character arcs are going to look like.

It’s the broken pieces of the characters that hinge them together so I look for ways in which they can complete each other as people.

When you are picturing the characters in your book, do you have a cheater photo for inspiration?

Yes, I have a Tumblr that I add to regularly, with photos of people who remind me of characters, as well as settings, houses and romantic photos that inspire me.

Many people read as a form of escape and relaxation.  What is your favorite way to sit back and relax?

Definitely reading, walking on the beach, yoga, watching movies and spending time with my family and friends.

Do the locations in the stories have any meaning to you?

I write about locations that in some way feel romantic to me.

I’ve set books in Hawaii, Montana, Nashville and Key West, among other places, because they’re all places I’ve either been to and loved or would like to go to.

 Do you write in single or multiple POV?

All my books (except one) are written in first person dual POV, so readers are getting both the hero’s and the heroine’s points of view as they fall in love.

What do you find to be your best research tool?

Google

Do you write under a pen name?  Also, do you write under more than one name?

Julie Capulet is a pen name. And no, just one.

What genre do you write?

Steamy contemporary romance, including billionaire romance, rockstar romance, sports romance and enemies-to-lovers romance.

What advice would you give to an aspiring writer?

Read a lot and write a lot. Have fun with it. And don’t give up.

How do you deal with and process negative book reviews?

I try to listen to the criticism and use it to improve on my next books, but I also try not to take bad reviews too much to heart.

I write for the readers who enjoy my stories and my writing style. It’s impossible to please everyone so I don’t try to.

If I get a negative review and feel down about it, I’ll go and read the negative reviews of some of my favorite books. 

My goal is to find the people who enjoy the kind of stories I write, and not worry too much about the rest of it.

What is the most difficult part of your writing process?

I wish I could write faster. Other than that, I find writing fun and relaxing so none of it really feels difficult.

Marketing the books, on the other hand, is much more challenging, but I’m learning.

What do you need in your writer’s space to keep you focused?

Just my laptop. If I have headphones I can work anywhere.

What is your naughty indulgence as you are writing?

Chocolate :) 

What is your schedule like when you are writing?  Do you have a favorite writing snack or drink?

I start writing at around 7 every morning. I drink two cups of coffee in the morning, then green tea the rest of the day. I usually work until mid-afternoon. Most days I take a walk in the late afternoon.

Do you listen to music when you write – what kind of music is your favorite?

I have a writing playlist with a very eclectic mix of songs that inspire me. I’ve recently started listening to focus music and I find that helpful too. 

Have pets ever gotten in the way of your writing?

My two dogs are my constant companions so I tend to think of them as my writing partners.

How do you celebrate after typing THE END?

Champagne with my hubby :)


I hope you enjoyed this interview!

Make sure to give Julie a shout-out and follow her on all her social media!


Connect w/ Julie:

Email:
juliecapulet.xoxo@gmail.com
Website:
www.juliecapulet.com
Facebook:
www.facebook.com/juliecapuletauthor
Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/549940032270652
Amazon:
https://amzn.to/3r7K29M
GoodReads:
https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/17015295.Julie_Capulet
BookBub:
https://www.bookbub.com/authors/julie-capulet
Instagram:
www.instagram.com/juliecapuletromance
Twitter:
www.twitter.com/juliecapulet9
Newsletter Sign-Up:
http://eepurl.com/gl7W5j



Check out my review on the following Julie Capulet books!






Writing under J Capulet



Start reading now!

I LOVE YOU Series



Full series available in a box set!



McCABE BROTHERS Series
Available in Kindle Unlimited!



FINN BROTHERS Series




MUSIC CITY LOVERS Series
Available in Kindle Unlimited!




BEAUTIFUL SAVAGES
Available in Kindle Unlimited!

No comments:

Post a Comment