Thursday, June 22, 2023

THE STORY BEHIND THE STORY - HAPPILY EVER AFTER INC. SERIES by Lauren Helms


THE STORY BEHIND THE STORY
Happily Ever After Inc.

 

Get a behind-the-scenes all-access pass to Lauren Helm's Happily Ever After Inc. Series!


***Synopsis***

Cassie Winters, a wedding planner searching for her own epic love story meets a grumpy CEO, Theo Abbot, who has sworn off love. Cassie knows he’s unavailable and off-limits mostly because he’s her new client’s brother plus, he’s clearly not into her, but she can't resist him even though she tries.

Theo is set in his feelings about love and hates weddings. But there is something about Cassie's brightness that keeps him intrigued. Because of the pull between them, it takes just one drink to derail his plan to never fall in love again.

Eventually, they both have to look at what they always thought they wanted and compare it to what they think they want now. Are they able to decide to take the leap or do they let their spark burn out?

 

What is the sub-genre and trope? Did your characters lead you to this genre or was that decided before the story began?

Contemporary Romance - grumpy/sunshine, big city romance, wedding fever vs sworn off relationships


Are you more character or plot driven?

Character probably.


With many main and secondary characters, how do you keep them separated in your mind? Do you have a story/vision board above your workspace?

I have a very detailed plotting software that allows me to build my characters within my series. 

Before I wrote the first book, I already knew all my main characters and had a broad sense of what their story would entail. 

I also keep notes as I write about future characters so I don’t forget little details. I have Pinterest boards for each series/book as well.


I know from previous interviews that characters take on a life of their own. Were any of the characters in this series determined to take their own direction instead of where you initially wanted them to go?

It’s funny, because I’m a plotter. I feel like the characters are very clear with me and they work with me when we plan. But sometimes scenes and conversations happen I didn’t plan for. But for the most part, we all work pretty well together. lol


Are any of the male POVs based on anyone you know?

Nope. But before I write, I do have to find a character inspiration image. I don’t know why but once I have a visual, I can channel them easier.


Are any of the female POVs based on anyone you know?

Kinda. See the above answer, but with Cassie, I knew she was going to be so sunny and happy and just someone people loved being around. 

This is my middle child, who is eight. She could truly make the grumpiest person smile. She’s been told that she has her own vibe. And so I really loved that for Cassie - I wanted her to be so well loved and happy that grumpy Theo didn’t stand a chance. 

Watch, my future son-in-law will be some grump!


Was there any one character/scene that was harder to write about than the other?

Actually, no. Wed Like Wildfire was a really easy book to write. Now book two, Layla’s story, it’s proving to be a bit more difficult. haha.


I know that we aren’t supposed to have “favorites” as far as our children, but seriously, who’s your favorite character and why?

Ruth. 100%.

If I have to pick a favorite couple out of the ten books I’ve published, it would be Theo and Cassie.


How do you get inside these characters’ heads to find their perfect HEA?

Cassie has been talking to me for about two years now. She was very clear about how she was going to fall in love. Theo was also very easy to work with. Because he was a goner for Cassie in their first scene, but would not admit it to himself. He wrote me one heck of a break up scene though.


What scene in this book/series sticks out the most for you? Why?

I loved the first scene where Cassie and Theo meet. There’s just something about how unaffected she was by his rudeness. And he hated every minute of being rude to her, but couldn’t help himself.


How long did it take you to write this book?

Three months. (Wed Like Wildfire)


How did you come up with the title for your book and series?

I’ve always loved puns but have been horrible at them. So I decided I wanted something fun, so I scored the net for wedding themed puns. The entire series is punny.


If you met these characters in real life would you get along?

I love writing epic friend groups. So the women in the books are all women I would love to be BFF’s with IRL.


If your book/series were made into a movie, which actors do you see as playing your characters?

Cassie would be played by Johanna Braddy, and Theo would be played by Sebastian Stan


Can you give us a hint as to what we can expect next? Whether a new book and series or a sequel to an existing series? Can you share a small tease?

Twist of Date is Layla and Cole’s story. She’s a matchmaker (Cassie’s business partner at HEA, Inc.) and she falls for a client. BUT she’s known Cole since college and things just get out of hand fast. Layla is a #bossbabe, so mixing business with pleasure isn’t her style, buuut…. 

This second book comes out in July. 


Check out all my interviews/reviews for Lauren Helms!
https://readingbydeb.blogspot.com/2022/07/author-at-glance-lauren-helms.html



Lauren Helms is a romance author her nerdy and flirty contemporary words. Lauren has forever been an avid reader from the beginning. After starting a book review website, that catapulted her fully into the book world, she knew that something was missing. While working for a video game strategy guide publisher, she decided to mix what she knew best--video games and romance. She decided to take the plunge and write her first novel, Level Me Up. Several published novels later, Lauren, with her book bestie, also formed PR company, Forever Write PR, to help other authors promote their books.

Lauren lives in Indianapolis, Indiana sharing her love of books and video games with her own Gamer Boy husband and three little kid nerds who will hopefully grow up to share the love of things that united Lauren and her husband on their own happily ever after.



Connect with Lauren:

Amazon:
https://amzn.to/3ohZulI

Goodreads:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/57815460-win-my-heart

Bookbub:
https://www.bookbub.com/profile/lauren-helms

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/AuthorLaurenHelms/

Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/LsRomGameChangers/

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/author_laurenhelms/

Tiktok:
https://www.tiktok.com/@author_laurenhelms

Newsletter Signup:
https://landing.mailerlite.com/webforms/landing/m1r5o6



WED LIKE WILDFIRE by Lauren Helms
Happily Ever After Inc. Series - Book One

Available in Kindle Unlimited!

Once upon a time, there was a grumpy CEO who met a wedding planner who never stopped smiling…

Cassie
You could say that I live and breath weddings and love, and as a wedding planner, a happily ever after is the main event. So when I learn that Theo Abbot absolutely hates weddings, that should be my clue to run for the hills as fast as my sexy little black stilettos will take me.

But I digress.

I'm on the hunt for my own epic love story, one T-Swift herself could write a song about. Which means unavailable and seemingly uninterested CEOs are off limits. Even if the man oozes sex appeal and his grumpiness turns me to mush.

A little flirting never hurt anyone.

Theo
Cassie Winters shines so bright I need a pair of Ray-bans to look directly at her. Problem is, once I've set my eyes on her, I can't seem to look away. The woman is a walking, talking promotion for all things love and happiness.

Hand me an antacid.

Counting, on one hand, the amount of times I've failed in my life, leaves me knowing I won't ever do "love" again. I'm set in my ways and not even this sexy little spitfire could sweet talk me out of my decision to never get married. Yet it only took one drink to derail that plan.

But, things aren't always as they seem and when real life gets in the way of this fairy tale, we're both forced to take a hard look at what we truly want.

Are we both ready to wed or is this a wildfire that's about to burn out?



TWIST OF DATE by Lauren Helms
Happily Ever After Inc. Series - Book Two

Available in Kindle Unlimited!
https://amzn.to/44bP07n

Once upon a time, there was a charming restaurant owner and an unsuspecting matchmaker who refused to mix business with pleasure…

Layla
I've always been in the business of love. Happily Ever After, Inc. has thrived under my leadership and the hard set of rules that I set for myself. But when a never quite forgotten blast from my past walks into my life, I'm suddenly questioning everything and everyone around me.

Cole Reed is everything I want in a man - handsome, successful, and charming.

There's just one minor hiccup... Cole is Happily Ever After's latest client, and he's got his sights on me.

Cole
I'm used to getting what I want and I've never left a date unhappy. So when my grandmother insists I need to work with a matchmaker... her lifelong best friend at that... I'm skeptical. Especially when my path crosses with the girl that always seemed to get away.

She's sexy, smart, and determined - everything I've always admired about her. And this time, I refuse to let her get away.
There's just one minor problem... Layla James is my so-called matchmaker's granddaughter - and the owner of the matchmaking company that's just taken me on.

It feels like a weird twist of date that's put the two of us back in each other's life, but Layla doesn't quite see it that way.

Can I convince her to break a few rules and take a chance on our own happily ever after?


No comments:

Post a Comment