Wednesday, September 22, 2021

THE STORY BEHIND THE STORY - RICH CITY BOYS Series by Even Monroe

THE STORY BEHIND THE STORY
RICH CITY BOYS Series by Even Monroe

 
Get a behind-the-scenes all-access pass to Even Monroe's RICH CITY BOYS Series!


The Rich City Boys series follows 4 college friends who are all out in the world, with some success under their belts, they’ve worked hard, made fortunes. These stories are about how they meet their partners and deal with parts of their lives that have been holding them back from happiness.

#Fraser is the first of the 4 books, and tells the story of a hotshot lawyer who is brought to his knees by Adele, and their battle with a toxic workplace. There’s plenty of steam and of course a happy ending.



What is the sub-genre and trope?  Did your characters lead you to this genre or was that decided before the story began?

It’s a friends to lovers story in a legal setting.


Are you more character or plot driven?

I hope its both, but when I was writing the characters took over and led the way, so I suppose its character driven, in that sense.


I know from previous interviews that characters take on a life of their own.  Were any of the characters in this series determined to take their own direction instead of where you initially wanted them to go?

Yes, Adele was very headstrong and also Fraser, who I originally thought would be keen to jump in the sack, wanted to torture Adele and hold out, although his brand of torture is welcome any day!


Are any of the male POVs based on anyone you know?

Yes, definitely.


Are any of the female POVs based on anyone you know?

Yes, a blend usually.


Was there any one character/scene that was harder to write about than the other?

Not really.  It all flowed pretty well.

Once they started getting intimate, they just kept wanting more, so making sure they didn’t just spend the whole time in bed (and various other places) was a battle at my end.

I’ve had to walk away from subsequent works and get my head straight and try to reign characters in though!


What is your favorite book in the series?

I’ve written all 4 books, plus a bonus short novella that takes you back to the beginning, when the guys met.  I’m sentimental about #Fraser (my first),

#Finn is set in a place that I love and also his plot is pretty unique, #Damien is a Scott and who doesn’t love one of them, and #Blayde, he’s the most broken of all, and has a pretty amazing transformation.  So yeah, how could I decide!!

 

I know that we aren’t supposed to have “favorites” as far as our children, but seriously, who’s your favorite character and why?

Fraser is my favorite.  I love that he’s so responsive to Adele and a mile away from being a toxic male.  He’s sexy, attentive and freaking smart.  Yes I love him.

 

Series question - Who is your favorite couple and why did you decide on their dynamics?

Probably Blayde and Victoria are the ones that I find to have the most tumultuous journey and had the most to overcome, they are also scorching hot, so that combo is a winner for me.

 

How do you get inside these character’s heads to find their perfect HEA?

I explore them!  I spend a lot of time doing character interviews, enneagrams, working out arcs just for them and their growth.

When they meet a new character I usually let them meet and then think on it for a few hours, let them interact in my head for a little while and see what their dialogue would be. 

Then I’ll go back and write it.

 

What scene in this book/series sticks out the most for you?  Why?

I was just rereading and I like the coffee scene with Carlo.  Who doesn’t like it when the hero gets a bit thrown off his game and his feathers ruffed.

 

Series - Were any of the books harder to write than others?

The first was the hardest probably because I had so much to learn.  Still learning.

I imagine I always will, but that first book, seeing it come to life was hard.  Not bad, just a real challenge.  It stretched me.  So glad I persisted.


How long did it take you to write this book/series?

3 to 4 months per book, although the first book was a bit longer.

 

How did you come up with the title for your book and (if applicable) series?

I honestly can’t remember.  Their names just seemed like obvious choices and I love the way they look on the covers.

 

If you met these characters in real life would you get along?

Hell yes!

 

Series question – Did you know in advance that you were going to write this as a series or did one of the characters in book one demand their own story?

They all get their own story and I just kew that it had to be this way from the start.


If your book/series were made into a movie, which actors do you see as playing your characters?

Ohhh the possibilities.

I know these characters so well in my head, like real people, and I can’t really think of who would capture them.

I also think with actors you fancy, you’re liking past characters, from other stories.

So maybe two unknowns?

 

Can you give us a hint as to what we can expect next?  Whether a new book and series or a sequel to an existing series?  Can you share a small tease?

Sure can!

#Finn is the next in the series, he’s one of Fraser’s college friends, and boy is he a damaged soul.  He’s shut himself away after being burned to the ground in his past.

Then along comes Poppy.  Their meeting is, ahem, interesting, and its pretty much combustible from there on in.  Seriously sexy sex.

#Finn is out on KU on November 10, 2021 and is available for preorder.

 


Bio:

About a year ago, during the depths of COVID lockdown, time was put to good use, and Even Monroe came to life.

Creative writing has been a lifelong passion.  Even’s first prize was earned in grade school but probably had the ending “and then I woke up, and it was all a dream.”


Check out my interview with Even!

https://readingbydeb.blogspot.com/2021/09/interview-with-even-monroe.html#more


Check out my review of the following Even Monroe books!


Make sure to follow Even on all her social media!

Email:
authorevenmonroe@gmail.com

Website:
www.authorevenmonroe.com

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/even.monroe.5

Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/authorevenmonroe/

Amazon:
https://amzn.to/3mOSwB6

GoodReads:
https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/21757868.Even_Monroe

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/authorevenmonroe/




Blurb:

It’s not true what they say about all work and no play.  It doesn’t make you dull, it makes you successful.

But I’m not sure how much longer I can endure the daily grind. Work, workout, rinse, repeat.

How the hell do I get myself out of this endless cycle?

Fraser is brilliant and dedicated to his job, which has fast become his biggest downfall—focused but lonely.  His success has come at the cost of his happiness.

Covering up the failings of others as well as being at their beck and call is slowly destroying him.  His opinion of those working in Adele’s office, who are entwined in his success, is plummeting by the day.

Adele has always had her eye on the prize—study, work experience, and now, finally, a prestigious job she’s spent years chasing.  What she didn’t expect was to find a toxic workplace and a sinking feeling that she’s made a big mistake.

When the two meet, their worlds quickly become entwined.  Can Fraser find a way to use his renowned charm to win over the beautiful woman who constantly surprises him with her wit, kindness, and impressive lingerie collection?

Can the two of them find a way out of their workplace prisons, or will Fraser’s fears and insecurities put an end to their smoldering hot romance before it has a fighting chance?

#Fraser is the first standalone novel in the steamy Rich City Boys contemporary romance series.  If you like sexy men, fast cars, and weekends out of the city, start reading now.  A happily ever after is guaranteed.





Blurb:

Sometimes the best strategy is to deny the battle.  Shut it down.  Walk away.

That helped me to survive and worked for a while.  Now the loneliness makes me feel hopeless, but that’s the way I’ve set my life up.

And I have no idea how to change.

When Poppy finally decides to get out of the city and try to screw her head on properly, she heads to small-town Calabash Bay to paint her brother’s riverfront weekender.  What she doesn’t count on is catching feelings for the place, the town’s people, and most concerningly, her brother’s gorgeous but broken best friend, Finn.

Especially since Finn fled the city himself, under dire circumstances, and has been licking his wounds in the wilderness for the last few years.  Will the explosive chemistry between the two and the fast bond they form, be just the thing to repair Finn’s broken heart and soul?  Or will ghosts from the city conspire to keep them apart?

#Finn is the second standalone novel in the Rich City Boys contemporary romance series.  If you like sexy men, waterfront properties, and steam right to the very last word, start reading now.  A happily ever after is guaranteed.



Start the series now!
Available in Kindle Unlimited!

No comments:

Post a Comment