Saturday, April 2, 2022

INTERVIEW with SANDRA JONES


I want to first thank Sandra Jones for taking the time for this interview!

BIO:

S. Jones is a contemporary romance author from Upstate New York. She has a strong passion for writing and reading stories that will rip your heart out before it’s put back together again.

If she’s not buried in her writing cave, she’s usually reading or planning out her next vacation. She loves to travel to different places and spends all her free with her husband, and two college age children.

When the weather permits, you can find her outside walking her golden retriever or enjoying a nice cocktail by the pool. She loves cooking and entertaining for her family and friends.

When she’s not holding a glass of wine in one hand and her kindle in the other, she loves to hear from her readers.

When and how did you know you wanted to be a writer?

I wasn’t an avid reader growing up. It wasn’t until my kids got older that I found the time to read. I have journaled my entire life though. Once I discovered my love for reading, I thought...I can do this.


Did you have any influencing writers growing up?

I grew up reading Danielle Steele and Mary Higgins Clark.

Are any of your characters based on people in real life?

Yes, many. It’s easier to write people that you know.


Where do you draw your book inspirations from?

Some are from life experiences, some from stories that I’ve heard and other’s I’m not sure. Lol


Do you use have a basic outline when starting a new story or do you let the characters lead the way?

I start out with an outline but that changes as I go along.


When you are picturing the characters in your book, do you have a cheater photo for inspiration? 

Yes. I make inspiration boards.


Many people read as a form of escape and relaxation.  What is your favorite way to sit back and relax? 

I love to read and relax by the pool.


Who are your favorite current authors to read? 

So Many.

 I love Devney Perry, K. Bromberg and VI Keelan.


What are your favorite books by others? 

I love a good mafia romance, so Monster In His Eyes by JM Darhower and for contemporary romance, the Driven Series by K Bromberg.


Do the locations in the stories have any meaning to you? 

Yes! My current series, is based in Philadelphia. 

It’s the city where I got engaged. My husband is a transplant patient, and received his new heart in Philadelphia. We also lived there briefly post-transplant.


Do you write in single or multiple POV? 

My first book is single and the rest of my books are POV.


What do you find to be your best research tool? 

You mean besides Google? Lol


Do you write under a pen name?  Also, do you write under more than one name? 

S. Jones is my real name and the only one I have.


What genre do you write and why is this your preference? 

Contemporary romance. I’m a sucker for a good romance story.


Tell me something about yourself outside of writing.  Jobs, accomplishments, family, quirky trait...what led to you being you? 

I was a bus attendant working with special needs children.


What advice would you give to an aspiring writer? 

Use your money wisely and keep writing.


How do you deal and process negative book reviews? 

I love them because I learn a lot from them.


What is the most difficult part of your writing process? 

Trying to meet deadlines.


What do you need in your writer’s space to keep you focused? 

Peace and quiet. And a pair of reading glasses and a bottle of water.


If you could spend a day with another popular author, whom would you choose?  And why? 

E L James. Her books really got me into reading. They were so different and intriguing. I couldn’t stop thinking about them.


What is your schedule like when you are writing?  Do you have a favorite writing snack or drink? 

I write early in the morning. I don’t have a favorite snack.


Do you listen to music when you write – what kind of music is your favorite? 

I can’t have any distractions when writing. I do listen to music when I take my daily walk.


Have pets ever gotten in the way of your writing? 

Yes, my dog makes me feel guilty if she doesn’t get her daily walk.


What is your kryptonite as a writer?  What totally puts you off your game? 

Right before my book goes to the editor, I never feel like it’s good enough. I end up changing a lot right before I send it.

Have you ever killed off a character that your readers loved? 

No.


How do you celebrate after typing THE END? 

With a glass of wine.


I hope you have enjoyed this interview!

Check out the following interview!
THE STORY BEHIND THE STORY - The Protective Series

Make sure to give Sandra Jones a shout-out and FOLLOW her on all her social media!


CONNECT W/ SANDRA:

Email:
authorsjoneswrites@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment