Saturday, August 5, 2023

THE STORY BEHIND THE STORY - ROCKING HER GINGERBREAD by Alexia Chase


THE STORY BEHIND THE STORY
Rocking Her Gingerbread

 

Get a behind-the-scenes all-access pass to Alexia Chase's Rocking Her Gingerbread!


***Synopsis***

The MAN OF THE MONTH CLUB is a steamy small-town collection featuring a new hottie (or two) every month. In 2023, escape to Candy Cane Key, Florida, and celebrate All the Holidays with your favorite group of romance authors and their delicious Paradise Men. Can’t wait to see you there!

Are you ready to meet your next Man of the Month?

Gingerbread cookies, fireworks, year-round Christmas decorations, crystal-clear waters, and smoldering nights under the stars. What more could you ask for?

 

What is the sub-genre and trope?

Romance rom-com, stangers-to-lovers.


Did your characters lead you to this genre or was that decided before the story began? 

I signed up to participate in the Man of the Month project which is geared toward small-town beach reads, so the concept was decided before I signed up to participate. 


Are you more character or plot driven? 

I love characters and seeing how they interact with each other, so I’m character driven. However, the plot is important to give the character’s depth.


With many main and secondary characters, how do you keep them separated in your mind? 

When I write a story, it’s like watching a movie. The story unfolds in my mind, and I write down what happens. πŸ˜‰


Do you have a story/vision board above your workspace? 

No. I don’t use a vision board.


I know from previous interviews that characters take on a life of their own. Were any of the characters in this series determined to take their own direction instead of where you initially wanted them to go? 

I outline my books before I start writing them. However, as life happens and I get to know the characters more, they typically change course over the writing of the story. 

Sometimes they go rogue, and sometimes I don’t let them do the crazy things they’re trying to do.


Are any of the male POVs based on anyone you know? 

No. They’re book boyfriends and do what I’d love to see men do for their women.


Are any of the female POVs based on anyone you know? 

All of them are what I would do if I was that female character in that specific situation. They have pieces of me, but none of them are entirely me.


Was there any one character/scene that was harder to write about than the other? 

There are times that I prefer sex scenes and other days where I’d rather write a group scene with lots of characters. 

The hardest scenes for me to write are the middle portions of the book after the characters have gotten together but before the typical third act break-up.


What is your favorite book in the series? 

There’s only one other book in this series written by me. That is Ava and Miles’s story, Morsel Enemies. Ava and Miles are the siblings of the couple in Rocking Her Gingerbread. 

They’re both fun books with a smutty Hallmark vibe.


I know that we aren’t supposed to have “favorites” as far as our children, but seriously, who’s your favorite character and why? 

The one I’m currently writing is my favorite. Until the next one.


Series question - Who is your favorite couple and why did you decide on their dynamics? 

Both couples are fish out of water heroines who meet their matches in beach bums who’re actually millionaire brothers.


How do you get inside these characters’ heads to find their perfect HEA? 

As each scene develops, I get to know the character’s better which makes it easier to find the little quirks that each character would do if they were real people.


What scene in this book/series sticks out the most for you? Why? 

In Morsel Enemies, the scene that sticks out the most is the alligator scene where Ava freaks out over a little critter sharing her living space. And of course, their first sex scene on Miles’s yacht. 

In Rocking Her Gingerbread, I would have to say the firework’s sex scene. Or maybe their initial meet-cute involving some badly placed mistletoe.


Series - Were any of the books harder to write than others? 

There is no such thing as an easily written book. Each time I finish one, I don’t think I’ll be able to write another one. 

But within a chapter or two, they start to become real in my mind, and then it’s navigating them through the different scenes.


How long did it take you to write this book? 

These two books probably took six weeks two write.


How did you come up with the title for your book? 

Morsel Enemies was selected because it’s an enemies-to-lovers, opposite sides of a issue book set in a town that celebrates Christmas and obscure holidays. This book was set on Chocolate Chip Cookie Day. 

For Rocking Her Gingerbread, the theme was Christmas in July. It was harder to come up with this title, but I like the play on Morsel for the first book and gingerbread for the second book.


If you met these characters in real life would you get along? 

Of course. Except they all have more energy than me. 😊


Series question – Did you know in advance that you were going to write this as a series or did one of the characters in book one demand their own story? 

I did not know. Morsel Enemies has a spinoff character from my book world. Ava is the sister of one of my hero’s personal assistants. 

However, her book was a standalone. Until the book ended and I started plotting her sister’s book. It wasn’t supposed to come out until after I received the rights back from Man of the Month, but I was given the opportunity to write another book for series.


If your book/series were made into a movie, which actors do you see as playing your characters? 

I have no idea. But I wouldn’t say no to Ryan Reynolds starring as all my heroes.


Can you give us a hint as to what we can expect next? Whether a new book and series or a sequel to an existing series? Can you share a small tease? 

I have so many books in the works, I don’t know what will be next. I don’t like to pin myself down so everything stays fresh and fun. I have a bad problem with being told what to do – even when I’m the one doing it.

 

Check out my reviews/interviews for Alexia Chase!
https://readingbydeb.blogspot.com/2022/01/review-deal-by-alexia-chase.html




Alexia Chase is a steamy contemporary romance author who specializes in visual stories set in an interconnected world.

If you love stepping into a place that feels like home where familiar people, places, and things welcome you with open arms, then you’re in the right place.


Ms. Chase pens everything from short stories to novels with heroes from bartenders to billionaires.


What can you find between the pages? Heavy doses of snark, sinful fun, smut, and happily ever afters.


Come inside. They’re waiting for you.


Where can you find Ms. Chase when she’s not writing? Ms. Chase lives in a small community outside of Kansas City, Missouri. She spends her free time with her husband, three children, and two dogs and loves to spin stories in her head. She’s an avid learner and never far from her computer. Just ask her children. They have plenty to say about her excessive computer usage.





ROCKING HER GINGERBREAD by Alexia Chase
Man of the Month Club - Book Four
A Candy Cane Key Book

Available in Kindle Unlimited!


Are you ready to meet your next Man of the Month?

Gingerbread cookies, fireworks, year-round Christmas decorations, crystal-clear waters, and smoldering nights under the stars. What more could you ask for?


When Luna’s sister gets bit by the love bug and moves to Florida, she has no choice but to follow behind. Besides, it’s not like she has time to do anything else but study. Until she’s kissed under the mistletoe by her sister’s future brother-in-law and sees fireworks.

But she and Jayden have nothing in common. He’s a flirt and a tease, and she’s serious with her nose always in a book. The nerd never gets the player.

Until Jayden sweeps her off her feet and rocks her gingerbread. Is it a game, or is it real?

Rocking Her Gingerbread from Alexia Chase is a small-town, opposites attract romance about Candy Cane Key’s favorite Scuba Diving Charter owner/Whiskey Distillery operator and a woman who underestimates her worth.

Sparks will ignite this 4th of July as these two dance around each other. It’s going to be a blast.

The MAN OF THE MONTH CLUB is a steamy small-town collection featuring a new hottie (or two) every month. In 2023, escape to Candy Cane Key, Florida, and celebrate All the Holidays with your favorite group of romance authors and their delicious Paradise Men. Can’t wait to see you there!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment