Tuesday, October 5, 2021

THE STORY BEHIND THE STORY - DADDY'S BRAT Series by Rogue London

 


THE STORY BEHIND THE STORY
Daddy's Brat Series


Get a behind-the-scenes all-access pass to Rogue London's Daddy's Brat Series!


Synopsis:

The series features three separate women, all of whom are friends.

The friend's lives overlap and ultimately because one is the daughter of a corrupt senator, it leads to some trouble that affects them all.

These women are twenty-one years of age and friends since childhood, now in college, circumstances draw each of them to a Daddy Dom whose role originally is to protect them and grows way beyond that.

These are three standalone complete series, and although they can be read in any order, do have crossover characters, and read better in numerical order.


What is the sub-genre and trope?  Did your characters lead you to this genre or was that decided before the story began?

As an experiment I decided to write a series that appealed to a certain voracious reading group, erotic, romance.

With that in mind, I set off for the best plot to feature a strong, dominant man, paired with a woman who’d fantasized about being with a man like the one they meet, but really having no clue as what that type of man is really like, or why they even felt the pull to want to know that type of man.

Each story is an exploration in connecting with a part of themselves they had buried for reasons of their own.  Everyone is life hides from something, for these women, it was an aspect of alter ego that they found unacceptable, or dark and didn’t want to explore it consciously.

But the male characters, who don’t’ suffer from the same indecision and self-loathing, help their female protagonists discover things about themselves they never knew was there.

Ultimately, this is a hero story.

 

Are you more character or plot driven?

I wouldn’t say I’m either.  The more I write the more I realize I am driven by both dependent on what the initial inspiration is.

I’m working on some anthologies right now with other authors and these are plot driven, like my first series.

I also have book one of a new series releasing on Oct. 8th that again is plot driven.  I can’t wait to share that new series, its hot, suspenseful and filled with great, unique scenes to each story.


With many main and secondary characters, how do you keep them separated in your mind?  Do you have a story/vision board above your workspace?

The secondary characters get a line or two in my journal, mostly for context purposes, unless there is something specific, I need to remember about them during the series.

Usually, one or two of my secondary characters have a bigger spotlight in the next book, their characters gently percolate in the background of the story before. 😊


Are any of the male POVs based on anyone you know?

No, not at all.

 

Are any of the female POVs based on anyone you know?

No, not at all.

 

What is your favorite book in the series?

Book 2, Daddy’s Naughty Brat is my fav in the series.

I really like my female protagonist and the process she goes through to discovering what she needs vs what she thought she wanted is fantastic.

 

I know that we aren’t supposed to have “favorites” as far as our children, but seriously, who’s your favorite character and why?

Good question, for the female, probably Maddie from book 1, she is more resilient than one would expect given her anxiety issues. 

I like that she has two aspects to her personality and that Langden learns and appreciates about her.

 

How do you get inside these character’s heads to find their perfect HEA?

It's always about what they need and want wrapped up in one package. 

In real life, most of us discover that what we want, and need are two different things.  But in romance, which is reality adjacent, they come together.

 

What scene in this book/series sticks out the most for you?  Why?

Book one, the second office scene is hot, hot, hot. 😊

Book two, the porch, OMG, HOT! Lol

Book three, it’s a tie between the temporary safe house scene and the scene that takes place at the family estate of our male POV, Bryce.

 

How long did it take you to write this book/series?

I slammed it out in 8 weeks.  Because I wanted them to go on pre-sale with the previous release with its predecessor.

As an author, I am always looking for what works and experimenting.

 

How did you come up with the title for your books/series?

This second series I had help from my author friend, Rayanna Jamison.  I told her I wanted to write a travel series, especially as the covid grounded so many of us these past almost two years.

I thought it would be fun to escape if only in our minds.  I gave her a whole bunch of titles and she chiseled it down into something simple, Daddy’s Stowaway, Daddy’s Castaway and Daddy’s Runaway.

For my first series Daddy’s Brat Series, I picked the titles based on the lead female’s predominant characteristic, which became a term of endearment during the process of each book.

 

Did you know in advance that you were going to write this as a series or did one of the characters in book one demand their own story?

Yes, I wholeheartedly set out to write this as a series.

 

If your book/series were made into a movie, which actors do you see as playing your characters?

The men would be big and buff and late twenties to early thirties, built like Jason Mimoa or Chris Hemsworth 😊

 

Can you give us a hint as to what we can expect next?  Whether a new book and series or a sequel to an existing series?  Can you share a small tease?

Next is my Traveling Brats series!

Book 1 Daddy’s Stowaway is about a young woman, 22, running form a tragic life in Detroit.  She looks for a free ride to anywhere and steals a ticket from a gorgeous man at the airport.

She finds herself on a long flight with the man she’d stolen the ticket from.  They both have secrets that begin to reveal themselves on the flight, while his is a surprise in a good way, hers not so much.

Book 2 Daddy’s Castaway is a run-away this time from a stalker.  She washes up onto a beach where she meets what she calls the gentleman barbarian.  I won’t give anything else away on that one.  And is due out sometime in November.

Book 3 Daddy’s Runaway I think the title says it all, lol.  It takes place in the Napa Valley.

Like my first series, the couples are tied together through friendship and although each story is independent with its own ending, read better when read in order from 1-3.

 

 Bio:

Skylar West is an established steamy, action suspense romance novelist, who loves to write stories about strong heroines and dominant heroes.
Every character she meets in her head has a story to tell and, as such, she writes in a variety of subgenres and tropes. 
Additionally, Skylar writes BDSM and Daddy Dom romance under her alternate pen name, Rogue London. 

Skylar/Rogue is a wife, and mother of 5, and grandmother of 4. She's reinvented her self many times starting her early years off as a junior Olympic competitor, dancer, model and actress.

She's run a successful MLM company and shared time management tips on many stages across North America.

The past fifteen years, She has worked as a yoga instructor and alternative health practitioner with a client base of over 6000.

Now, she is quite happy to lock herself away in her favorite nook, to dream up and write stories to share with the world. 

Skylar/Rogue dreams of one day having her own secret garden with which to enjoy her family as well the time to travel to Europe to explore history and castle ruins. 

Connect with Skylar West/Rogue London:

Email Address:

Website:

Facebook:

Instagram:

Twitter:

TikTok:


Newsletter Signup:


Check out all my reviews for Skylar West!



Blurb:

It isn’t every day a gorgeous woman faints just at the sight of me. But the second our eyes locked, down she went. And now that I have her in my arms, I’m not letting her go any time soon.

Because naughty girls who sneak into my bar with fake IDs don’t just get sent home with a pat on the head. Especially when they look like Maddox Sullivan.

No, I have other plans for my little lawbreaker. This sexy brat may be too young to drink, but she’s perfectly legal for what Daddy has in mind…



Blurb:

I was given an assignment, to hide the package and keep it hidden.

But the package was everyman’s desire… a hot sexy young woman with the finest ass I’d ever seen.

I told her the rules.

I told her to obey for her safety and mine.

But she ran and now I have to get her before they do.

And when daddy catches this naughty brat, she’ll never run again…



Blurb:

Jacki has no idea what she is.

Her spoiled princess act is just that, an act.

But when the brat violates my rules with her act, the show is over.

Jacki finds herself over my knee learning that her bad manners will not give her the attention she wants.

As a daddy, I have spanked many bad little girls, but there is something about Jacki that calls to me.

The more I peel back her layers, the more I want her.

And now that we're on the run, I will do anything to keep her safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment