Wednesday, March 29, 2023

THE STORY BEHIND THE STORY - WANDERLUST by Lucia Catherine


THE STORY BEHIND THE STORY
Wanderlust

 

Get a behind-the-scenes all-access pass to Lucia Catherine's Wanderlust!


***Synopsis***

Author Chase Cornell has just celebrated his second bestseller, and he bought a house on the beach. His career is on the upswing, his dreams are coming true, and he is content. He has sworn off relationships as he loves living life as a bachelor. Until he meets a beautiful woman at the local pub and sparks fly. A professional photographer with a few books of her own, Erica is used to living life without strings.

Disillusioned about her dating life, Erica Wilson walks into her favorite pub and encounters Chase. An enigmatic stranger who ignites in her an unexpected passion that is all-consuming.  Like-minded about relationships, they agree on a friends-with-benefits relationship.

Strong, sexy, and fun. Chase is everything Erica didn’t know she wanted in a man.  Love blooms and when tragedy strikes, Chase’s life is torn apart. Erica steps up to help him, uprooting her life when they are thrust into a tumultuous and strained relationship. Neither let their walls down to see what’s right in front of them.


What is the sub-genre and trope?  

Romance, Contemporary.


Are you more character or plot driven? 

Plot


With many main and secondary characters, how do you keep them separated in your mind?  Do you have a story/vision board above your workspace? 

I create a chart, almost like a family tree.


I know from previous interviews that characters take on a life of their own. Were any of the characters in this series determined to take their own direction instead of where you initially wanted them to go? 

In Wanderlust, Chase took over sometimes.


Are any of the male POVs based on anyone you know? 

In my next book, which I hope to release in March, the male character is based on an ex-boyfriend.


Are any of the female POVs based on anyone you know? 

No. Sometimes I base an antagonist on someone from my past that wasn’t nice.


Was there any one character/scene that was harder to write about than the other? 

My characters are relatively easy, except when they get pushy. The scene in chapter 4 of Wanderlust was particularly difficult to write, edit and read.


What is your favorite book in the series? 

I am the proud author of the Haunted Hearts Series which includes: Forgotten Identity, Songbird and Fallen Apple (trigger warnings on these two. 

It's hard to choose a favorite. I can tell you the darkness of the last two worries me (in terms of readers). These two I can say the antagonists in each drove me nuts with them dictating their stories. I know, I sound crazy, right?


I know that we aren’t supposed to have “favorites” as far as our children, but seriously, who’s your favorite character and why? 

Andressa is the main character in Goddess of Revenge. She is a serial killer, but I hope everyone sees her as a loving wife and mother and can sympathize with why she does what she does. 

Her story is almost finished. I’m hoping to release it by the summer or early fall of 2023.


Series question - Who is your favorite couple and why did you decide on their dynamics? 

Chase and Erica for sure. 

It all started when I moved into a new house and was cleaning out important papers, I found the paperwork leaving me as legal guardian of my niece and nephew, should something happen to my brother and his wife. 

They are adults now. I sat as I shredded the document and thought what if. Chase appeared in my mind and from there Erica was ‘born.’


How do you get inside these characters’ heads to find their perfect HEA?

I’d have to say, especially for Wanderlust, it was a little of them and a little of me. 

Chase knew he wanted Erica shortly after they met. She did too, but was strong-willed and wouldn’t admit it. Chase finally had the courage to speak to her about his feelings when she admitted the same.


What scene in this book/series sticks out the most for you?  Why?

There’s a scene in chapter 4 when Chase learns his twin sister dies. very hard to write. Also, in the last chapter when Chase and Erica finally get their HEA.  There’s a bonus chapter too, that takes place twenty years later. 

These are my favorites because, even though I wrote them, the emotions are palpable and get me still! In these scenes, in particular, you feel every emotion.


Series - Were any of the books harder to write than others?  

Songbird and Fallen Apple were hard because of the darkness. Songbird deals with sexual assault and Fallen Apple deal with sexual assault and murder. 

I was afraid the readers would think I was crazy and that I lived through these horrors. I didn’t but did research. It was also helpful that my editor is a former rape counselor.


This question is if you write in MULTIPLE POVs not just the hero and heroine - I love the multiple POVs in a book.  It’s not just the hero and heroine, but we get inside the heads of multiple characters throughout this series.  I feel that it gives the story further depth.  Do you think you will write another book or series following this multiple POV outline?

I’m leaning toward Wanderlust being the first in a series. I have an outline for another story where Chase and Erica make an appearance.


How long did it take you to write this book/series? 

The Haunted Hearts series took almost a decade. Family responsibilities delayed the first book. My fear delayed books two and three.


How did you come up with the title for your book and series?

Wanderlust, because the main characters were two free spirits.

Forgotten Identity because the MC loses her memory in a car accident.

Songbird is the name the MC takes after running away as a teenager.

Fallen Apple, the antagonist in Songbird is pure evil. His son is the antagonist in Fallen Apple. (Take from the phrase, "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.")


If you met these characters in real life would you get along? 

Yes!


Series question – Did you know in advance that you were going to write this as a series or did one of the characters in book one demand their own story?

I didn’t plan on a series. The characters insisted.


If your book/series were made into a movie, which actors do you see as playing your characters?

Blake Lively for Natalia in Forgotten Identity and Songbird (Natalia is in both books). Her husband, Jonathan I see Ryan Gosling.  Ryan Reynolds I see as the man the main character falls in love with.

Wanderlust. I see Henry Cavill as Chase and Dakota Fanning as Erica.


Can you give us a hint as to what we can expect next? Whether a new book and series or a sequel to an existing series? Can you share a small tease? 

The Letter is up next. I don’t have the official blurb written. 

It is a romantic suspense novel, where the main female character is stalked after a breakup with the love of her life. She is sent to her ex’s mother’s ranch for safety.

 

 

Check out all my interviews/reviews for Lucia Catherine!
https://readingbydeb.blogspot.com/2023/03/author-at-glance-lucia-catherine.html



BIO:

Lucia Catherine is a writer, wife, mother, wedding officiant and animal rescue volunteer. 

An emerging author who creates stories about transformation, love, and happiness. Her words are sharp, authentic, intense, and sometimes have a comical edge. 

She lives by the beaches of Lower Delaware, where she finds most of her inspiration. Lucia enjoys spending time with her family, close friends, and the Flower Girls. She is addicted to coffee, chocolate, good books, being on the water, her Pug, and Jug (Jack Russell/Pug mix).


Connect with Lucia:

Email:
AuthorLuciaCatherine@gmail.com

Website:

Amazon:

Barnes & Noble:

Kobo:

Goodreads:

Bookbub:

Facebook:

Facebook Group:

Instagram:

Twitter:

Tiktok:

Pinterest:

Newsletter Sign-Up:




WANDERLUST by Lucia Catherine

Spotlight coming March 29th!

Available in Kindle Unlimited

BLURB:

Author Chase Cornell has just celebrated his second bestseller, and he bought a house on the beach. His career is on an upswing, his dreams are coming true, and he is content. He has sworn off relationships as he loves living life as a bachelor. Until he meets a beautiful woman at the local pub and sparks fly. A professional photographer with a few books of her own, Erica is used to living life without strings.

Disillusioned about her dating life, Erica Wilson walks into her favorite pub and encounters Chase. An enigmatic stranger who ignites in her an unexpected passion that is all-consuming. Like-minded about relationships, they agree on a friends-with-benefits relationship.

Strong, sexy, and fun. Chase is everything Erica didn’t know she wanted in a man. Love blooms and when tragedy strikes, Chase’s life is torn apart. Erica steps up to help him, uprooting her life when they are thrust into a tumultuous and strained relationship. Neither let their walls down to see what’s right in front of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment