Wednesday, February 2, 2022

THE STORY BEHIND THE STORY - A SINFULLY TEMPTING Series by Alexia Chase


THE STORY BEHIND THE STORY
A Sinfully Tempting Series

 

Get a behind-the-scenes all-access pass to Alexia Chase's A Sinfully Tempting Series!


Synopsis:

The series is a series of standalone stories all set in one world with cameo appearances from other heroes and heroines.


What is the sub-genre and trope? Did your characters lead you to this genre or was that decided before the story began?

Steamy contemporary romance with a dash of sass. This is the main genre I write in.


Are you more character or plot driven?

I would say my stories are more character driven, but the plot showcases their personalities.


With many main and secondary characters, how do you keep them separated in your mind?  Do you have a story/vision board above your workspace?

I watch the characters in my head as I’m writing and visualize how their story goes. Basically, they’re each in their own little box in my head and when it’s time to work on them, I read a snippet of their story and back I go into their world.


I know from previous interviews that characters take on a life of their own.  Were any of the characters in this series determined to take their own direction instead of where you initially wanted them to go? 

They all go in their own direction after I get to know them better.


Are any of the male POVs based on anyone you know?

No.


Are any of the female POVs based on anyone you know? 

Most of my female characters have characteristics of my personality, but a few of the more over-the-top characters are based on the personality of friends.


Was there any one character/scene that was harder to write about than the other?

It is hardest to write sad scenes because I feel the emotions of the characters and it is hard to push through those scenes.


What is your favorite book in the series?

I would have to say this current release is my favorite book. It has more humor and honest communication between the two characters than the other books in the series.


I know that we aren’t supposed to have “favorites” as far as our children, but seriously, who’s your favorite character and why?

Of all my books, my favorite characters are Katie and Rob from Her One and Only. I just love the virgin and the badass biker vibe.


Series question - Who is your favorite couple and why did you decide on their dynamics? 

The couple from The Deal are my favorite in this series. 

They’re both over-the-top and perfect for each other except neither one of them wants a relationship. It’s fun to watch them try a friends with benefits arrangement that turns quickly into something more.


How do you get inside these character’s heads to find their perfect HEA? 

I watch all of my stories in my head and write down what I see.


What scene in this book/series sticks out the most for you?  Why?

The opening scene where Hailey goes on a horrible first date. 

I heard a story on the radio that had a similar situation where a woman called into the radio to discuss a “worst” date of all times. It was awesome to embellish that situation and make it a fantastic meet-cute between Hailey and Austin.


Series - Were any of the books harder to write than others?

The Broken was probably the hardest. 

It deals with cancer and at the time, my mother was dealing with colon cancer. It was a way for me to process my mother’s cancer diagnosis. Since that time, she has passed away.


How long did it take you to write this book/series?

I started this series in 2019 and it will conclude this year. There are four more books after The Deal.


How did you come up with the title for your book and (if applicable) series?

In this series, each book is titled “The” and something that relates to the theme of the book. 

The Deal is the arrangement between Hailey and Austin to have a weekly hook-up with no strings attached.


If you met these characters in real life would you get along?

Absolutely.


Series question – Did you know in advance that you were going to write this as a series or did one of the characters in book one demand their own story?

I had no plans outside of the first 5 books. The rest have all joined their core group of friends.


If your book/series were made into a movie, which actors do you see as playing your characters? 

I’ve never thought about it, but I would love to see the series turned into movies.


Can you give us a hint as to what we can expect next?  Whether a new book and series or a sequel to an existing series?  Can you share a small tease?

The next book in the series is called The Mistletoe and yes, I realize it is coming out after the holidays. 

Many of the heroes in this series are football players, and this hero is no different. He also plays on the team and is friend with the core group of men. And the heroine is an assistant for the heroine in The Broken. 


Check out my reviews/interviews for Alexia Chase!
https://readingbydeb.blogspot.com/2022/01/review-deal-by-alexia-chase.html



Bio:

Alexia Chase is a steamy contemporary romance author who specializes in visual stories set in an interconnected world.

If you love stepping into a place that feels like home where familiar people, places, and things welcome you with open arms, then you’re in the right place.


Ms. Chase pens everything from short stories to novels with heroes from bartenders to billionaires.


What can you find between the pages? Heavy doses of snark, sinful fun, smut, and happily ever afters.


Come inside. They’re waiting for you.


Where can you find Ms. Chase when she’s not writing? Ms. Chase lives in a small community outside of Kansas City, Missouri. She spends her free time with her husband, three children, and two dogs and loves to spin stories in her head. She’s an avid learner and never far from her computer. Just ask her children. They have plenty to say about her excessive computer usage.



Connect w/ Alexia:


alexiachaseromance@gmail.com


Website:
http://alexiachaseromance.com/about


Twitter:

https://twitter.com/AlexiaChase13


Pinterest:

https://www.pinterest.com/alexiachaseromance3924/


Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/Alexia-Chase-Romance-312300706120371/


Bookbub:

https://www.bookbub.com/profile/alexia-chase


Amazon:

https://amzn.to/3KSD9Su


Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7907762.Alexia_Chase



Available in Kindle Unlimited!
https://amzn.to/45bV0gM


Blurb:

Can the taste of her treats tempt her best friend’s brother?

Chloe
Not those kinds of treats! Okay… well… maybe those too.

See…. I’m a baker. A damn good one too. A sweet one…. see the irony? Except, my jerk of an ex-boyfriend made a $500 bet to pluck my cherry (and not the pastry kind).

I’m not so sweet now because I’m out for revenge. And I’ve got just the perfect hot fireman in mind…. my best friend’s brother.

Rich
She’s my sister’s best friend. That’s a no-go, right? Not to mention I’m not good enough for sugar that sweet.

But now her sweet just got a little spicey with her plot for revenge.

A few fake dates lead to kisses that threaten to burn down the kitchen.

And now I’m obsessed with baked goods and the woman who makes them.

But can my spicey and her sweet mix?



Available in Kindle Unlimited!


Blurb:

Can a football player win on and off the field?

Jenna
My brother's best friend. He was my first love.... and my first heartbreak.

After my high school graduation, his pickup was our Hilton. Everything was perfect…. or so I thought. Until the prick told his friends that I was a lousy lay.

He can go screw himself.

Tony
I’m the guy who had it all…. for one night. And then I lost her with no explanation. Not just lost her, she hates me now.

So, I fought back with indifference until an argument between us went viral, and the next thing I knew we were stuck together until my next contract is signed.

Good thing I'm not going to fall for our fake engagement. Famous last words.


Available in Kindle Unlimited!


Blurb:

Can a quarterback put the game on the sidelines for love?

Dani
I don’t date football players. Been there, done that, WAY over it. Considering I'm around players all day as a trainer, you'd think that would be hard. But heck, after my ex trashed my self-esteem, I don’t date at all. I'm just here to prepare football players for game day.

Gunner
I live for game day. No distractions, including sex. I’ve got my eye on the prize, and it's not the kind between the sheets.

I need someone to keep the crazies away, and Dani is the perfect woman for the job.... until our fake date goes a little too well.

Now, I want it all. But I was one play away from the big dance last year. I can’t have both dreams, can I?



Available in Kindle Unlimited!


Blurb:

Can a big city girl love some country?

Ashley
When I catch my first glimpse of the big belt-buckle toting, lifted pickup truck driving football player, his mouth rubs me the wrong way. Okay, his smart mouth rubs my brain the wrong way. The rest of me likes him just fine.

But as the new team dietician, I can’t mix business with pleasure. Besides, I'm all city and he's all country. We can't mix, right?

Dillon
The second I set my eyes on the pencil skirt wearing, too-good-for-me pixie, I’m intrigued. She thinks we have nothing in common.

It’s my mission to prove her wrong. In all the right ways.

Too bad there are a couple of things standing in the way.... or are they?

Why do secrets make it so much hotter?



Available in Kindle Unlimited!


Blurb:

Can the football player be the one his best friend's sister needs?

Veronica
My ex-husband was a controlling and abusive piece of.... You get the point. I was lucky I escaped with my daughter, Joselyn, vowing she'll never experience the kind of life he gave.

Now that I'm free, I only see one man – my brother’s best friend. But he wouldn’t notice me if I bent over in front of him with my ass in the air. I should know, I tried it.

Devin
I play offense, ironic, really, because I'd die defending my best friend's sister and her little girl. But that's all I can do because I'm not good enough for the two of them as anything more, no matter how much I want that. My biological father has spent his life in and out of prison, and my mom was killed when I was a teen.

Veronica is finally free, but she doesn't need that kind of baggage.

But when Veronica’s ex comes around, maybe my kind of baggage is just what she needs. I’ll destroy myself defending them.



Available in Kindle Unlimited!


Blurb:

Can the football player score her heart when neither knows just who the players are?

Autumn
New town, new job, new shoes.... new lies.

I'm tired of being the good girl my dad expects me to be. He has no idea I’m waitressing at a bar. So when a sexy stranger saves me from a handsy drunk, I don’t tell him who I am.

Jeremiah
I'm a player. Correction. I'm a player on the field and an ex-player in the sheets. Too bad my reputation proceeds me because my friends are making the settled down life sound darn good right now.

So when I save a sweet - and hot - girl who doesn’t know who I am, I don't tell her. For once, I'm not the player everyone thinks I am.

Turns out I'm not the only one lying about who I am....and the worst part? My coach is going to destroy me.



Available in Kindle Unlimited!


Blurb:

Can two star-crossed lovers get a second chance at love?

Felicity
My best friend is madly in love. Good for her, bad for me.... because I’m stuck on a wedding planning trip with her brother, aka, the boy who broke my heart four years ago after an amazing night under the stars. Only, he’s not such a boy anymore.

All that hotness.... what a waste.

Gage
The last person I want to spend the day with is my sister’s best friend, the girl who broke my heart. Four years ago, she was my whole world.

Turns out she was seeing someone else, so I hurt her like she'd hurt me. I told her she meant nothing to me and walked away. But I’ve never actually moved on.

Which is why finding out she was never actually seeing someone else changes everything.

But no matter what I do to right the past, the stars just won't align.



Available in Kindle Unlimited!


Blurb:

Can a broken woman put back the pieces of this widowed dad's heart?

Isabella
I was hired as the first female assistant football coach for my new team. Yay me, right?

Too bad there's at least one player that doesn't take me seriously. I'm downright not welcome.

Sucks for him because I'm not going anywhere. Between living in this man's world and my divorce, I'm done taking crap from others, especially when it comes from him.

I just have to ignore my ovaries when he hugs his kids so sweetly or when he looks hotter-than-sin just by existing.

Should be easy....

Liam
Isabella is a distraction. Not for me, of course, but for the team. Yeah, okay, fine, for me too. But I have three kids and no time for a personal life.

A hook-up. That's all it is between us. Then why I can't I get her off my mind? What if she's the one person that can fix my broken heart?



Available in Kindle Unlimited!


Blurb:

Can a baby contract between friends lead to love?

Haven
My life is a mess. You can thank my parents for that. Well them, their drugs, neglect, and manipulation to boot. They're the poster children for why some folks shouldn't have kids, and you wouldn't catch me bringing a kid with my baggage into this world.

That's why my ex was perfect. He didn't want kids. Apparently he didn't want me either.
The jerk cleaned me out, and now the bank is knocking on my door.

Kingston
I don’t do relationships. I simply don't have time. I’ve spent too much of it working to get ahead.

Now, my father is threatening to take everything away if I don't get married.

Lucky for me, I've got a plan. And the plan's name is Haven. My friend, my fake relationship, and the perfect surrogate - once I convince her, of course.

But with nine months to go, things suddenly don't feel so fake.... and I don't think I want them to be. Now I must convince her she’s the one for me.

We belong together – me, her, and our baby.



Available in Kindle Unlimited!


Blurb:

Can the passion be contained with a Wednesdays Only Deal?

Hailey
That's it. I'm done. No more dating. 

 Between catching my cop, ex-boyfriend in a compromising position, a first date from hell – where I thankfully didn’t go to jail, I'm so done with men, and cops especially. 

 Except.... Mr. Blue Eyes has a proposition I can't refuse.

Austin
A crazy stalker ex is enough to make any man give up on dating.  

But what about a Wednesdays Only Arrangement between me and the woman with the crimson shoes? 

She's gorgeous, funny, smart, and won't date another cop. I think I've met the perfect woman. Did I mention I was a cop? 

 What could possibly go wrong with a Wednesdays Only Deal?

 Told in dual POVs, The Deal is a standalone fire-meets-fire instant attraction rom-com set in the Alexia Chase's Sinfully Addictive World. 


No comments:

Post a Comment