Wednesday, September 1, 2021

THE STORY BEHIND THE STORY - THE WOLVES DEN MC Series by April Lynn Baker

 


THE STORY BEHIND THE STORY
WOLVES DEN MC Series

Get a behind-the-scenes all-access pass to April Lynn Baker’s Wolves Den MC series!

 

Wolves Den MC is a mix of humans and paranormal beings and are fairytale retellings.

They are a motorcycle club that protects their women at all costs and has families along the way.


Red featured in the Ever After MC anthology

 The Ever After MC Anthology and is now available on Amazon!
https://amzn.to/3smWoey

UPCOMING BOOKS!
Cordial Cherry on Top (Book Two) releases July 20, 2022
Trinity's Freedom (Book 3) releases August 6, 2022


What is the sub-genre and trope?  Did your characters lead you to this genre or was that decided before the story began?

Fairytale Retellings, MC style.  The series was originally supposed to be human only but I decided later to add supernaturals to it.


Are you more character or plot-driven?

Both.  Sometimes my characters tell the story. Lol


With many main and secondary characters, how do you keep them separated in your mind?  Do you have a story/vision board above your workspace?

No I don’t use a board.  I visualize how I want my characters to be in my head and go from there.


I know from previous interviews that characters take on a life of their own.  Were any of the characters in this series determined to take their own direction instead of where you initially wanted them to go?

Yes in Red.  Lol.  Wolfe lead his part of the story and Red did too.  There is a certain part in the story that will be my all-time favorite, but I’m not going to spoil it.  Lol.


Are any of the male POVs based on anyone you know?

No


Are any of the female POVs based on anyone you know?

No


Was there any one character/scene that was harder to write about than the other?

No.  I had a vision for how I was going to write Red and it came out amazing.

The characters are freaking made for each other and I had a lot of fun writing them.


What is your favorite book in the series?

Red will always be my favorite.


I know that we aren’t supposed to have “favorites” as far as our children, but seriously, who’s your favorite character and why?

So far Wolfe because Red is the only book that is fully finished.

He’s got a secret, he's alpha, dominant and definitely loves Red.


Series question - Who is your favorite couple and why did you decide on their dynamics?

Red and Wolfe.  Little Red Riding Hood has been one of my favorites.

The whole wolf and girl thing.  Lol.

I wanted to write a more funny and kinky parts to this story.  I left some the original in the story but made it more sexual.  Lol.

When you read the story, you’ll find out.


How long did it take you to write this book/series?

Red, not that long because the characters wouldn’t shut up, plus I loved writing it.

Cordial Cherry and Trinity’s Freedom aren’t being written till next year.  So we will see how they go.  Lol


How did you come up with the title for your book and (if applicable) series?

They are modern fairytale retellings, so all I had to do is change the names basically and put in the motorcycle elements.

Red's name is actually Cheyenne, but Wolfe names her Red because her bakery is named after her and her hair is red.


If you met these characters in real life would you get along?

Yes definitely.


Series question – Did you know in advance that you were going to write this as a series or did one of the characters in book one demand their own story?

I was always going to write the series.  I love fairytales so why not write a version of all of them.


If your book/series were made into a movie, which actors do you see as playing your characters?

There are so many great actors/actresses out there.  For Wolfe, definitely Jensen Ackles. Lol  Red I could see Jennifer Love Hewitt playing her.


Can you give us a hint as to what we can expect next?  Whether a new book and series or a sequel to an existing series?  Can you share a small tease?

In Cordial Cherry on Top, you will meet Greta and Matthew (Hansel) because of his boyish, good looks and their story involves cordial cherry cupcakes.  It’s going to be messy and oh-so delicious.

In Trinity’s Freedom you’ll meet Trinity and Tank, the Enforcer.  He saves Trinity from human traffickers and their relationship just clicked from then on.  She’s feisty but this Enforcer knows how to get her to submit.


Bio:

April Lynn Baker is from Franklin, IN, and enjoys spending time with family and friends.

She got her love of romance from Danielle Steel, Nora Roberts, and the Twilight Series.

She loves writing about Alphas who are dominant but love their women.

She also goes under the pen name of J.D. Amore for PNR.

 


Connect w/ April Lynn:

Email: 

Facebook:

Facebook Group:

Amazon:

GoodReads:

BookBub:

Instagram:



Check out my interview with April Lynn Baker



Red
Grandma wants to play matchmaker,
All I want to do is bake, not fall for the guy next door.
Will I be able to withstand the charm of the Big Bad Wolfe, the President of the Wolves Den MC?

Wolfe
I open the door and step into the bakery and for the first time, I'm not interested in sweets.
My blood begins to heat,
My breathing becomes labored,
My mouth starts to water,
All I want to do is....
Eat her.


Blurb:

Greta Layne enjoys working for Cheyenne, until she's left to man the shop while Cheyenne, goes on a surprise honeymoon.

Matt Stevens has no intentions of leaving Red's Sweets, until he gets the perfect cupcakes for his nieces.

Will he walk out with more than he bargained for when he looks Greta in the eye for the first time?


Blurb:

Tank

I torture and kill people, my soul belongs to the devil...

Trinity, sweet, sassy and incredibly sexy..she should be scared of me.

She wants me and the beast inside is waiting for the perfect time...

My enemies show themselves and it's up to me to save the woman I love.

She is mine and her submission is my redemption.



Start reading now!


No comments:

Post a Comment