Wednesday, August 4, 2021

INTERVIEW with APRIL LYNN BAKER


I would like to thank April Lynn Baker for taking the time for this interview!

I hope that you enjoy this interview as much as I have!
Make sure to give April Lynn a shout-out and FOLLOW her on all her social media!

Bio:

April Lynn Baker is from Franklin, IN, and enjoys spending time with family and friends.

She got her love of romance from Danielle Steel, Nora Roberts, and the Twilight Series.

She loves writing about Alphas who are dominant but love their women.

She also goes under the pen name of J.D. Amore for PNR.


When and how did you know you wanted to be a writer?
December 27, 2019 is when I wrote my first book.  I was bored and decided to start writing.  I had lots of time with my kids being in school.


Did you have any influencing writers growing up? 

I loved Danielle Steele and Nora Roberts


Are any of your characters based on people in real life?

Only one so far.  Gretchen from Keller (Dirty Daggers MC #1)


Where do you draw your book inspirations from? 

My head or dreams.


Do you use have a basic outline when starting a new story or do you let the characters lead the way? 

I let the characters lead the way.  Sometimes I do plot, but not much.


When you are picturing the characters in your book, do you have a cheater photo for inspiration? 

No.  I usually get photos after I create my character.


Many people read as a form of escape and relaxation.  What is your favorite way to sit back and relax?

Listening to music.


Who are your favorite current authors to read?

Esther E. Schmidt, W. A. Marlow, Eva Winners, Amo Jones, Linny Lawless, Ruby Carter and Quinn Ryder...and many more.


What are your favorite books by others? 

Tito by Scott Hildreth, Tinhead by Ruby Carter, and any book by Esther E. Schmidt. 


Do the locations in the stories have any meaning to you? 

No.  I just pick places.  Some are made up.


Do you write in single or multiple POV? 

Sometimes single and sometimes multiple.


What do you find to be your best research tool?

Google


Do you write under a pen name?  Also, do you write under more than one name? 

I write under April Lynn Baker and J.D. Amore


What genre do you write and why is this your preference? 

April Lynn Baker - MC Romance because I love writing dominant Alpha bikers who love and protect the innocent, along with their women.

 J.D. Amore - PNR because I love all things supernatural.


Tell me something about yourself outside of writing.  Jobs, accomplishments, family, quirky traits....what led to you being you?

I am a mother of two, I hate spiders and I love being outdoors. 


What advice would you give to an aspiring writer? 

Write the way you want to and don't let anyone bring you or your books down. You keep going and writing what you love.


How do you deal with and process negative book reviews?

I don’t let bad reviews get to me, I instead use them to make my next book(s) better.  I love criticism.


What is the most difficult part of your writing process?

Sex scenes lol.  They are hard to write because of all the different emotions.  So those parts take me a little while to write.

 

What do you need in your writer’s space to keep you focused?

Complete silence. If there is noise, I can’t concentrate.


What is your naughty indulgence as you are writing?

I don’t think I have any lol.


If you could spend a day with another popular author, whom would you choose?  And why?

Esther E. Schmidt.  She is actually who got me started on reading MC books and why I love writing them.  I got so lost in her stories and never wanted to come out.


What is your schedule like when you are writing?  Do you have a favorite writing snack or drink?

Oreo cookies and Mountain Dew.


Do you listen to music when you write – what kind of music is your favorite?

No.  Music interrupts my train of thought.


What is your kryptonite as a writer?  What totally puts you off your game?

Nothing so far.

 

Have you ever killed off a character that your readers loved?

I have killed off one character, but that book hasn’t been released yet.


How do you celebrate after typing THE END?

Going on to the next book. My writing schedule is packed lol.


No comments:

Post a Comment