Sunday, July 2, 2023

THE STORY BEHIND THE STORY - THE KEPT TRILOGY by Amelie A Duncan


THE STORY BEHIND THE STORY
The Kept Trilogy

 

Get a behind-the-scenes all-access pass to Amelie S Duncan's The Kept Trilogy!


***Synopsis***

The Kept Trilogy is a spin off from the Tiger Lily Trilogy, another Billionaire Romance Trilogy.

The Kept Trilogy begins with The Billionaire’s Arrangement. It is about a young, naive woman named Nadia, who moves to New York City to focus on building a life for herself and earning money to support her family back home but becomes entangled with a charming, successful, and passionate man, Paul Crane, who is full of secrets. He charms her with lavish gifts and a trip to Paris but isn’t looking for love. Nadia is captivated and discovers new unknown desires and passions within her. But this arrangement is only for sensual companionship, or so he thinks. It’s a love journey over three books with the same characters.

The Billionaire’s Fascination is the second book and picks up where the last ended. We get more insight into Nadia’s life and past and more of Paul’s life. While the first book was about lovers, this one is about when love blooms. The final book is The Billionaire’s Devotion, which is the whole heart that will ultimately end in Happily Ever After.

 

What is the sub-genre and trope? Did your characters lead you to this genre or was that decided before the story began?

Billionaire Romance, Age Gap.


Are you more character or plot driven?

Character


With many main and secondary characters, how do you keep them separated in your mind? Do you have a story/vision board above your workspace?

I write about them until I know them. I don’t make vision boards or story boards.


I know from previous interviews that characters take on a life of their own. Were any of the characters in this series determined to take their own direction instead of where you initially wanted them to go?

This is a spin-off story so I know some of these characters very well. I didn’t have any characters take over. I wanted the story to mainly focus on Nadia and Paul.


Are any of the male POVs based on anyone you know?

Yes


Are any of the female POVs based on anyone you know?

Yes


Was there any one character/scene that was harder to write about than the other?

Writing about time Nadia’s time with her parents since mine are deceased.


What is your favorite book in the series? 

I love them both. I’m writing the last book. I’ll decide after the final book, The Billionaire’s Devotion is finished.


I know that we aren’t supposed to have “favorites” as far as our children, but seriously, who’s your favorite character and why?

No favorites. I love them all.


Series question - Who is your favorite couple and why did you decide on their dynamics?

I love whatever character I’m writing.


How do you get inside these characters’ heads to find their perfect HEA?

I try to make HEA fit what the character needs/desires the most in their partner.


What scene in this book/series sticks out the most for you? Why?

Time in Paris and Rome. I loved leaning into the fantasy.


Series - Were any of the books harder to write than others?

The second and third book because both characters have to grow as a character and as a love interest.


How long did it take you to write this book/series?

So many months, over a hundred drafts, and many rounds of editing.


How did you come up with the title for your book and series?

I just took the theme and story.


If you met these characters in real life would you get along?

Most of them. Some not at all.


Series question – Did you know in advance that you were going to write this as a series or did one of the characters in book one demand their own story?

I always planned to write a trilogy, three books with the same characters. It’s a spin-off from the Tiger Lily Trilogy. Paul is Jonas Crane’s son.


If your book/series were made into a movie, which actors do you see as playing your characters?

I’d be grateful to have it made into a movie. I wouldn’t care.


Can you give us a hint as to what we can expect next?  Whether a new book and series or a sequel to an existing series? Can you share a small tease?

Next is the final book in the conclusion of Nadia and Paul’s story, The Billionaire’s Devotion. They started as lovers and this is the whole heart, fully vulnerable, love everlasting.


Check out all my interviews/reviews for Amelie S Duncan!



Amélie S. Duncan, an introvert and a passionate, creative writer. Her books usually vary from erotic billionaire age-gap D/S, enemies to lovers, friends to lovers, sports, nerdy rom-com, dark psychological suspense, and coming-of-age. Her unique artistry of interlacing multiple themes in her books never fails to enrapture the reader’s attention.

Duncan aims to take her readers on memorable journeys and immersive tales through her dynamic characters that will tug at one’s heartstrings and leave readers breathless. Her knack for crafting spellbinding stories will make one believe in Happily-Ever-Afters.

Currently, she is living with her doppelganger personality and an awesome golden retriever Rosco on the West Coast of the US.


Connect with Amelie:

Linktr.ee:

Email:

Website:

Amazon:

Apple Books:

Barnes & Noble:

Kobo:

Goodreads:

Bookbub:

Facebook:

Instagram:

TikTok:

Pinterest:



THE BILLIONAIRE ARRANGEMENT
The Kept Trilogy - Book 1


Paul Crane is rich, brilliant, and powerful. And I belong to him, body and soul…

I came to New York City to study design and build a life for myself. The last thing I was looking for was love.

I needed money for my family and for the medical bills that threatened to pull us into poverty.

I didn’t have time to worry about my loneliness filling that cold empty spot in my heart…then I met Paul Crane.

At first, it seemed like Paul was the answer to all my problems. But after he rescued me from a desperate situation,

I soon discovered Paul had demons of his own.

Paul wasn’t looking for a lover…

He wanted a companion, a kept woman. And I was captivated by his charm, lavish gifts, and trips to Paris.

And his touch awakened my desires, passions I had never dreamed of.

But the closer we get, the more I begin to wonder. What happens when our arrangement comes to an end…

First book in a brand new Billionaire Romance trilogy.



THE BILLIONAIRE FASCINATION
The Kept Trilogy - Book 2


*This book is a continuation of The Billionaire's Arrangement. It is not standalone.*

Paul Crane has it all except for the one thing he truly wants…Me.


I know what you’re thinking. Young design student. Rich, handsome billionaire.

I’m a kept woman, a sugar baby. That’s what all my friends say, at least. And maybe they’re right.

Paul Crane has it all: wealth, fame, and stunning good looks.

Despite all that, I ran as far away from him as I could–all the way back home.

Back to my loving family, endless medical bills, and twisted past.

But Paul can’t seem to stop rescuing me…even from myself.

He’s willing, and all I must give him is everything. And I do, all the way to Rome.

It’s like a dream come true. But really, it’s just a fantasy, and I want the real thing.

Deep down, I know Paul loves me, but grief and fear have trapped his heart in chains.

And now, I may have just ruined my one chance at setting our love free…


No comments:

Post a Comment