Saturday, January 6, 2024

THE STORY BEHIND THE STORY - LADY OF HELL & FURY by Brianna West


THE STORY BEHIND THE STORY
Lady of Hell & Fury


Get a behind-the-scenes all-access pass to Lady of Hell & Fury by Brianna West!


***Synopsis***

Lady is a half demon vigilante out to love tap every bad bro and evil demon with her spiked bat. But one day a demon comes to her in weird, sexy dreams and demands that she join him. He’s got a reason for wanting her, but is she willing to sell her soul to help him?

If you’re a big fan of badass devil-may-care FMCs and morally grey leads as well as a play on why choose, then this is the book for you.

 

What is the sub-genre and trope? Did your characters lead you to this genre or was that decided before the story began?

Dark Paranormal Romance, Grumpy x Sunshine, Enemies to Lovers, Morally Grey Leads, Why Choose/Love Triangle, Cinnamon Roll Hero, Badass Female Lead, Plot + Spice, Revenge Plot.


Are you more character or plot driven?

I’m 100% character driven. Plot only occurs because of the choices they make.


With many main and secondary characters, how do you keep them separated in your mind? Do you have a story/vision board above your workspace?

To me, they’re real in my head and I just watch them interact and write up the incident report. Oftentimes, I have no idea how two will banter until after I start writing them together.


I know from previous interviews that characters take on a life of their own. Were any of the characters in this series determined to take their own direction instead of where you initially wanted them to go?

Yes! Hard yes. Fable was only met to help drive the plot, and he ended up one of the main characters. I initially had a very different idea for this story, but it took on a life of its own.


Are any of the male POVs based on anyone you know?

Yes and no. Loosely I’ve based one of an online friend, but it was more his name and “feeling” that I stole to create the character.


Are any of the female POVs based on anyone you know?

Lady is a culmination of every woman who’s been hurt in her life by a man, but then went on the vengeance route. In a way, she’s the champion for the little girl in me who was hurt. So I guess you can say parts of her are parts of all of us women.


Was there any one character/scene that was harder to write about than the other?

So, talking about Lady’s trauma was especially difficult. The scene where she talks about her foster father and what he did to her took a lot out of me. 

There’s another scene where she “gives up” because it reminds her of all those times she fought and still got hurt. 

So those were especially difficult next to the scenes where we lost someone very important to her. But I’ll leave spoilers out of it.


I know that we aren’t supposed to have “favorites” as far as our children, but seriously, who’s your favorite character and why?

I love my MMCs, but Lady is the goat of this story. She’s the reason I love it so much. She brought an apathy and unforgiving “F U” to the book that I know a lot of us sometimes wished we could do without worrying about how it’d be received.


How do you get inside these characters’ heads to find their perfect HEA?

It’s difficult to describe. It’s almost like chatting with both an old and new friend. You know them. You know the choices they’re likely to make, but then sometimes the plot and other characters impact how they inevitably live it. 

So, I can’t usually see beyond the scene I’m writing. I won’t know until I’m “living” it with them what will happen.


What scene in this book/series sticks out the most for you? Why?

There’s a few, but one particular scene that hits harder than most is when the usually strong, emotionless brute that is our main FMC finally lets all her emotions go and drops her barriers.


How long did it take you to write this book?

This book took longer than most. I started it two years ago on Wattpad, just as a little something to do while I was writing another. 

It was the first time I deviated from writing one story at a time. I took a break and got back to it after I published two other books, and I’m really glad I did.


How did you come up with the title for your book?

So, originally, this story was called “Demon’s Lady” but you’ll understand if you read it why this didn’t fit after the plot took a turn. Then, I landed on Lady of Hell & Fury because it represents several themes in the book, but also what some come to call her.


If you met these characters in real life would you get along?

Lady might give me a run for my money. I’d probably be terrified of her in real life, but if we were friends, she’d be the best friend I’d ever have. 

Nova I think would give me sketchy vibes, and I’d probably steer clear until I got to know him. 

Fable would make me roll my eyes a lot, but I’d give in eventually. He’d get me whether or not I wanted him to.


Series question – Did you know in advance that you were going to write this as a series or did one of the characters in book one demand their own story?

This will definitely be a series. The characters are too beloved and the story isn’t finished, so I’m suspecting it would definitely be at least two to three books long. 

It’ll all focus on Lady and her two dogs…er, guys.


If your book/series were made into a movie, which actors do you see as playing your characters?

I’d love Tom Ellis to play Nova. He’d be perfect. 

For Fable, I’d be stoked to beef up Ryan Reynolds a bit to play him because he’d totally kill it. 

For Lady, Margot Robbie would be the win. She plays a perfect Harley Quinn and who I imagine for it.


Can you give us a hint as to what we can expect next? Whether a new book and series or a sequel to an existing series? Can you share a small tease? 

Let’s just say, you guys can all go to Hell 😛

 

Check out all my interviews/reviews for Brianna West!



Brianna West is an Amazon best-selling author and word addict.

When she's not nose-deep in a hot paranormal read, she's writing about it. Brianna's known for her slick, muscly heroes who think they're all that and a bag of chips, and the sassy heroine goddesses who prove otherwise. Her stories drip with sarcasm, supernatural impossibility, and contain enough adventure and suspense to entertain readers of any kind.

It's paranormal-fantasy romance that will consume you and ruin you.

Currently, Brianna has 16 novels, several serial stories, and a comic, but writers gotta write, so you can expect plenty more to come.

Connect with Brianna:

Email: authorbriannawest@gmail.com

Linktr.ee:

Website:

Amazon:

Goodreads:

Bookbub:

Facebook:

Facebook Group:

Street Team Group:

Instagram:

Tiktok:

Newsletter Sign-Up:




LADY OF HELL & FURY by Brianna West
Lady Love Taps - Book 1


I'm the half-demon vigilante out to punish bad men and demons. So can anyone tell me how the hell I ended up getting myself a date with the Devil?

The name's Lady, and I'm the half-demon hand of justice determined to send every bad bro and gross demon back to Hell where they belong--and in the most painful way possible. It was a good gig before Nova showed up, my dream demon stalker. Now thanks to my history of crappy luck and shady demon blood, I've lost everything.

Demons are seriously bad news, and this Nova jerk isn't any different. But lucky for him, our endgame is the same. So, I've teamed up with the very thing I hunt to dethrone the wicked witch ruling the dark underworld. Let's hope I live to celebrate it because the road to Hell is paved with sinful temptation and deep, dark secrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment