Sunday, August 29, 2021

INTERVIEW with BJ WANE


I want to first thank BJ Wane for taking the time for this interview!

Bio:

Author of sizzling hot romance with a touch of suspense.

Long and Short Reviews Erotic Romance of the Month winner for Hannah and the Dom Next Door and Gold Star recipient for Amy's Redemption.

I live in the Midwest with my husband, love dogs and enjoy reading and working puzzles.

We have traveled extensively throughout the states, Canada and just once overseas, but I now much prefer being homebody.

My favorite genre to read is suspense.



When and how did you know you wanted to be a writer?

I became an avid reader in my early twenties, fell in love with books, and found myself wanting to write within a few years after that.


Did you have any influencing writers growing up?

No


Are any of your characters based on people in real life?

No.  They’ve all come from my head.


Where do you draw your book inspirations from?

Just by reading, putting different twists on different plots, or to different characters, and sometime from real-life stories I hear on the news or television programs.


Do you use have a basic outline when starting a new story or do you let the characters lead the way?

I start with a vague outline, but my characters never follow them!


When you are picturing the characters in your book, do you have a cheater photo for inspiration?

No, just the image in my head.


Many people read as a form of escape and relaxation.  What is your favorite way to sit back and relax?

To take a book outside.  I love being outdoors as well as reading.


Who are your favorite current authors to read?

Sandra Brown for suspense, Lyndsay Sands for light paranormal, Tina Wainscott, Iris Johansen, Lisa Jackson, Roxanne St. Claire, Debra Webb.


What are your favorite books by others?

Christine Feehan’s Drake sisters, J.D. Robb’s early books, Nora Roberts earlier titles, Cindy Gerard.


Do the locations in the stories have any meaning to you?

A lot of them are places I’ve lived or visited.


Do you write in single or multiple POV?

Multiple – most readers enjoy multiple.


What do you find to be your best research tool?

Talking to other authors or the internet.


Do you write under a pen name?  Also, do you write under more than one name?

BJ Wane is my only pen name.


What genre do you write and why is this your preference?

Steamy (explicit sex scenes) romantic suspense. 

I like a touch of suspense in anything I read, as well as romance and those titillating sex scenes, so that’s what I give my readers.


Tell me something about yourself outside of writing.  Jobs, accomplishments, family, quirky trait...what led to you being you?

Honestly, I’m rather boring.

I’m a homebody, enjoy baking, reading and working puzzles.

Love dogs - we have a Goldendoodle, and spending time with the grandkids.

We traveled extensively when we were younger, but we both now prefer to help our daughter, do yard work and go out to eat.


What advice would you give to an aspiring writer?

Keep trying.

It took me ten years before I became a success.


How do you deal with and process negative book reviews?

Ignore them and relish the wonderful reviews and comments, which far out number the negative.


What is the most difficult part of your writing process?

Coming up with new ideas.


What do you need in your writer’s space to keep you focused?

Sun!


If you could spend a day with another popular author, whom would you choose?  And why?

Anya Summers.  We write similar books and think alike.


What is your schedule like when you are writing?  Do you have a favorite writing snack or drink?

I write after breakfast for the morning.

If I break for snacks I don’t go back - Lol 


Do you listen to music when you write – what kind of music is your favorite?

Yes, I like the oldies of the 70’s.


Have pets ever gotten in the way of your writing?

Only my Irish Water Spaniel, Coco.

She would let me know when she wanted me to stop and take her for a walk or throw her ball into the pool.  Of course, I always caved!


What is your kryptonite as a writer?  What totally puts you off your game?

Only when I’m blocked about where to go next.  Then I have to set it aside for a while.


Have you ever killed off a character that your readers loved?

No


How do you celebrate after typing THE END?

By getting to work on getting it published and outlining the next one.


I hope that you enjoyed this interview as much as I have!


Check out the Spotlight Interview with BJ Wane!
The Story Behind the Story - DOMS OF MOUNTAIN BEND



Make sure to give BJ a shout-out and FOLLOW her on all her social media!



Website:

Facebook:

Twitter:

GoodReads:

BookBub:

Amazon:



2 comments:

  1. Great answers, B.J.! Also, Tina Wainscott is one of my favorite authors, too!

    Also, Deb, I love the sub-title of your blog "I STILL LOVE READING FAIRY TALES. THEY ARE JUST A LITTLE DIRTIER NOW!"

    So true!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed the interview! Yep, it seems the dirtier the better right now ;)

      Delete