Sunday, April 30, 2023

STORY BEHIND THE STORY - A THOUSAND SCARS FOR YOU Series by Justin Bourne Boring


THE STORY BEHIND THE STORY
A Thousand Years for You Series


Get a behind-the-scenes all-access pass to the A Thousand Years for You Series by Justin Bourne Boring!


***Synopsis***

The series starts with the history of the Pentavi and Sinteverete clans. Mina is the main female heroine throughout the series. Mina was born of fire and ice and is destined to unite the clans to overthrow the Elders. While each book of the series includes Mina’s battle to bring the clans together while meeting new enemies and allies, they each have their own separate love stories between the two main characters in the book.

 

What is the sub-genre and trope?  Did your characters lead you to this genre or was that decided before the story began?

Dark Fantasy Romance, both book 1 & 2 are enemies to lovers.

I am a true horror lover so I was excited to write a dark fantasy romance and chose the genre before deciding on the characters.


Are you more character or plot driven?

I start with a general plot idea, but my characters tend to drive where the story ends up going and how far the series will go.


With many main and secondary characters, how do you keep them separated in your mind? Do you have a story/vision board above your workspace?

I have a storyboard and desk full of sticky notes with character and plot information. My wonderful wife and editor helps make sure I have kept everything straight.


I know from previous interviews that characters take on a life of their own. Were any of the characters in this series determined to take their own direction instead of where you initially wanted them to go?

All of my characters choose their directions, lol. I start with a general idea but they lead me wherever they want to go.


Are any of the male POVs based on anyone you know?

I try to infuse a little of my dry whit into Mayax my main male hero in book two.


Are any of the female POVs based on anyone you know?

Layluna, the female lead in book one, is loosely based on my wife. Her strength and intelligence were my inspiration for the character.


Was there any one character/scene that was harder to write about than the others?

The sexy scenes were the hardest to write for me. Not only trying to figure out the logistics but also getting over the discomfort of knowing everyone would be reading these scenes was difficult.


What is your favorite book in the series?

So far Violence & Roses is my favorite in the series.


I know that we aren’t supposed to have “favorites” as far as our children, but seriously, who’s your favorite character and why?

It is truly hard to choose, but Mina may be my favorite character. She is sexy, smart, caring, and has a great sense of humor.


Series question - Who is your favorite couple and why did you decide on their dynamics?

I love Mayax and Mina’s back and forth and whit, but I would have to say Layluna and Vasser may be my favorite because of their undying devotion and love for one another.


How do you get inside these characters’ heads to find their perfect HEA?

It’s more like they get into my head and write their own HEA.


What scene in this book/series sticks out the most for you? Why?

When Mina takes Avery to prom at the end of Violence & Roses. It is such a fun scene and really brings some levity and humor to the book.


Series - Were any of the books harder to write than others?

I would say each book had its own difficulties. No one was harder to write than the others.


This question is if you write in MULTIPLE POVs not just the hero and heroine - I love the multiple POVs in a book. It’s not just the hero and heroine, but we get inside the heads of multiple characters throughout this series. I feel that it gives the story further depth. Do you think you will write another book or series following this multiple POV outline? 

Yes, I grew up reading suspense and horror books which typically have multiple POVs so that is how I write also. I enjoy seeing and writing the story through multiple eyes.


How long did it take you to write this book/series?

It will be almost 2 years so far to write all three books.


How did you come up with the title for your book and series?

For Beauty is a Blade I wanted to write the story about a significant weapon that had meaning, so I named the knife Layluna uses Beauty. Thus Beauty is a blade. 

In the same theme, the stories were battles, they are savage and primal, the male warriors all have brutal scars from battle and become war torn for the women they love, so I thought A Thousand Scars for You was an appropriate series title to describe them.


If you met these characters in real life would you get along?

Absolutely, lol.


Series question – Did you know in advance that you were going to write this as a series or did one of the characters in book one demand their own story?

I started with a general idea that I knew would become a series. How many books are in the series depends on where the characters lead me.


If your book/series were made into a movie, which actors do you see as playing your characters?

Laylauna – Gal Gadot

Mina – Megan Fox

Vasser – Jason Moomoa

Mayax – Charlie Hunnam


Can you give us a hint as to what we can expect next? Whether a new book and series or a sequel to an existing series? Can you share a small tease?

Next is book 3, Hell of No Hearts. In this book we go to Hell and get a glimpse into Aria and Bee’s relationship (this one will have some FF action). 

You will also get to meet a new character, Bob, the Chairman of the Board of Hell corp. who is the real ball buster.


I hope you enjoyed this inteview!

Check out all my interviews/reviews for Justin Bourne Boring!
https://readingbydeb.blogspot.com/2023/04/author-at-glance-justin-bourne-boring.html



BIO:

I live in North Carolina with my beautiful wife and my lovely stepdaughter. 

I work as a CT tech during the day but my true love is art. I am an artist and writer at heart. I enjoy bringing my characters to life and challenging my writing skills by changing genres. My beautiful wife is the one who got me into romance. 

I love living in the mountains and hiking but have lived all over the country and enjoy writing about all of these various locations.



BEAUTY IS A BLADE by Justin Bourne Boring
A Thousand Scars for You - Book One

Get your copy today!

BLURB:

There is no force more compelling on Earth or in the parallel realms than forbidden love. It beguiles and inevitably self fulfills. It finds a way. Right or wrong, forbidden love can be a very beautiful thing, but that beauty is a blade, and it has a razor's edge.

Impossibly, love blooms amidst a savage gender war that has raged for millions of years within a parallel realm. The Pentavi shapeshifters - an all female clan, and the Sinteverete sorcerers - an all-male clan, were sworn enemies; divided and forced to fight by their insatiable and conspiratory Elders; they were forbidden to procreate, but made ageless by magic. The two genders were only vulnerable to death during battle, and battle was all they knew.

Layluna, a hardened Pentavi warrior, starts to suspect her Elders voracious appetite for war is a ruse. She and her mate, Maysiff are determined to uncover The Elders true designs, and end the never ending war that has plagued the clans since the dawn of time. Unbelievably, they are joined by Vasser, a true immortal Sinteverete sorcerer, and head of the undying Nevuscar. He too shares their suspicions surrounding The Elders, and the three of them embark on an epic mission of bloody satisfaction.

Forbidden love writes itself into the story, and proffers a child of incredible power. She may be the only way to end the war, unite the clans, and eliminate The Elders, but she would have to survive first.





VIOLENCE & ROSES by Justin Bourne Boring

A Thousand Scars for You - Book One

Get your copy today!

BLURB:

Bizarre worlds full of savage fighters collide explosively with fraught, forbidden love in book two of the “Thousand Scars for You” series!

More than a hundred years after a barbaric, bloody gender war between the Sinteverete sorcerers and the Pentavi shapeshifters ended in subjugation of the Pentavi women; an even bigger, more incendiary fight is brewing within the Earth realm. This burgeoning conflict threatens to ignite an apocalyptic war throughout all the realms, where no man, woman, demon or beast is safe.

Mina, the hated Yasmani Ro renegade daughter of outlaw lovers from the two warring clans, is finally ready to come out of hiding and throw down with the myriad of murderous hunters that seek her head. Born of fire and ice, she represents the only power in the realms strong enough to crush the Sinteverete clan’s Master Elder and take on his immortal and unstoppable army of mindless Steplescar soldiers.

However, as fierce as Mina may be, she requires help with her impossible mission of revenge and retribution. Unexpectedly, she finds assistance - and allure - with her most reviled and fearsome adversary, an otherworldly barbarian known as Mayax the Malevolent. Together they unite a motley crew of unlikely combatants who help her liberate the Pentavi, unite the clans, and carve a path through the monstrous Steplescar army to salvation.



COMING SOON!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment