Sunday, August 8, 2021

INTERVIEW with VIVIAN MURDOCK


I want to first thank Vivian Murdock for taking the time for this interview!

I hope that you enjoy this interview as much as I have and make sure to give Vivian a shout-out and FOLLOW her on social media!


BIO:

I’m a massage therapist by day and sassy romance writer by night.

My books feature elements of power exchange and yummy alpha males.

I like to try out everything I’m putting my heroines through, so the phrase “for science” is used in my house a lot!

 

When and how did you know you wanted to be a writer?

I've been writing since I was in the first grade.  I started with poetry and changed to novels.


Did you have any influencing writers growing up?

Edgar Allen Poe.  Hands down.


Are any of your characters based on people in real life?

There is a little bit of me in all the heroines. I try to make each a different facet of myself. The villains have bits of issues I grew up with.


Where do you draw your book inspirations from?

Most of the time, they either just hit or they come about when my husband and I are joking around.  That was what started my Christmas Duet.


Do you use have a basic outline when starting a new story or do you let the characters lead the way?

I'm for sure a plantser.  I try to have an outline.  The characters will always change it up. 


When you are picturing the characters in your book, do you have a cheater photo for inspiration?

I'm one of those weird people that just has to have a cover before I write the book.  That's why I have 15 of my university covers done, even if I won't get to their book anytime soon.  I base my work on the cover, that way they match.


Many people read as a form of escape and relaxation.  What is your favorite way to sit back and relax?

I play videogames.  Animal Crossing and Kingdoms of Amalur: The Re-Reckoning are my go to games.  I also am addicted to The Real Housewives.


Who are your favorite current authors to read?

Right now, I'm devouring Kitty Thomas.


What are your favorite books by others?

I adore Addison Cane's omegaverse books, as well as Eva Dresden.  Golden Angel has amazing historical novels, as does Em Brown.


Do the locations in the stories have any meaning to you?

Not really.  I have a book coming out maybe next year that the location will be key.  It will be set in the South Carolina region, and I grew up in Charleston.


Do you write in single or multiple POV?

Multiple.  Most are first person present.


What do you find to be your best research tool?

Real life.  I try most of the stuff I write about.


Do you write under a pen name?  Also, do you write under more than one name?

Vivian Murdoch is my pen name.  Right now, that's the only one. 


What genre do you write and why is this your preference?

Dark Romance.  I love the helplessness and raw, primal energy that you can do in this genre.


Tell me something about yourself outside of writing.  Jobs, accomplishments, family, quirky traits....what led to you being you?

I'm a massage therapist and love people.

I worked at a daycare for 9.5 years, so kids are just not for me.

Oooh.  I once won an award at a piano recital when I was 8 or 9?

I have super sensitive taste buds.  I can taste the difference in water fountains in the same building.


What advice would you give to an aspiring writer?

Put your phone on DO NOT DISTURB and turn off Facebook.  Trust me. 


Connect w/ Vivian:

Email:

Website:

Facebook:

Facebook Group:

Amazon:

GoodReads:

BookBub:

Instagram:

Twitter:

Sign up for my Newsletter and get a free book:


No comments:

Post a Comment