Tuesday, August 3, 2021

INTERVIEW with ZiLlah RAVEN


First, I want to thank ZiLlah Raven for taking the time for my interview!

I hope that you enjoy this interview as much as I have!  Make sure to give ZiLlah a shout-out and FOLLOW her on all her social media!


BIO:

I have been a fan of reading for years.  When I was in my preteen years, I would write my deepest fantasies over and over with different names of the characters.

Found my love for romance eleven years ago.  Around six years ago, I found an author I read on social media.  I sent her a friend request.  From there many others came along.

For the last five years I have gone from being a fan to an avid reader, an ARC reader, a BETA reader, to a promoter, and now a new author.



When and how did you know you wanted to be a writer?

As a young girl I would write things I would dream about. I would change things and give them different names. 

I have spent the last few years as a street team member and a PA for authors. My close friend knew I was writing and said publish it.


Did you have any influencing writers growing up?

I was a big fan of Francine Pascal. 


Are any of your characters based on people in real life?

Of course. 


Where do you draw your book inspirations from?

Living in Seaside.  In my book Thor.  When he walked by Kelly happened.  A Vice President of an MC walked past me one day. 


Do you use have a basic outline when starting a new story or do you let the characters lead the way?

The characters lead the way.


When you are picturing the characters in your book, do you have a cheater photo for inspiration?

I have few people I use as a muse.  I have posted the muse for Thor in my reader group on Facebook.

My dear friend Zulfa Cupido is Zeena. 


Many people read as a form of escape and relaxation.  What is your favorite way to sit back and relax?

Reading even when it is work-related, as I am still a PA.


Who are your favorite current authors to read?

Jax Hart, Dakota Trace, Jacob Chance, Shanna Handel, and Jessa Kane.


What are your favorite books by others?

Death's Angel by Heather Killough-Walden


Do the locations in the stories have any meaning to you?

Besides the town I live in.  It's where I was living when I met my husband.


Do you write in single or multiple POV?

Multiple.


What do you find to be your best research tool?

Well, books.  I write MC.  Since I want to use some terms that are standard in that world, I get them from books I have read.  Also Google.


Do you write under a pen name?  Also, do you write under more than one name?

Yes, I do. It's a short version of the pen name I use on Facebook.


What genre do you write and why is this your preference?

Contemporary Romance, MC.  Mostly from what I see and what I read. 


Tell me something about yourself outside of writing.  Jobs, accomplishments, family, quirky traits....what led to you being you?

Well, I am a PA to five authors as my Job.  I'm a Wife, mother of three, and about to be a grandma this November. 


What advice would you give to an aspiring writer?

Go for it.  Write what you love. 


Connect with ZiLlah:

Email:

Website:
UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Facebook:

Facebook Group:

No comments:

Post a Comment