Thursday, July 28, 2022

THE STORY BEHIND THE STORY - SOMEWHAT OBLIVIOUS by K Rose

 


THE STORY BEHIND THE STORY
Somewhat Oblivious

 

Get a behind-the-scenes all-access pass to K Rose's Somewhat Oblivious (It's Always Been You Charity Anthology)


***Synopis***

All of the Stories inside are Friends to Lovers with a Guaranteed HEA – Featuring closed door and spicy romance that are sectioned so everyone can enjoy the book and find only the stories they’ll like.

I wrote the story specifically for this Friends to lovers Anthology.  My Short story is a Friends to Lovers College Romance Somewhat Oblivious, and a little second chance mixed in.



Are you more character or plot driven?

Plot I think, but I am not totally sure


With many main and secondary characters, how do you keep them separated in your mind?  Do you have a story/vision board above your workspace? 

I do not have a story board, but I do work through an outline before I begin writing.

 

I know from previous interviews that characters take on a life of their own.  Were any of the characters in this series determined to take their own direction instead of where you initially wanted them to go?

In such a short story the only problem I had was keeping it in the word count allowable. 

The story wanted to keep going, but I wrapped it in a neat little bow for the Anthology and have plans of expanding once the rights come back to me.


Are any of the male POVs based on anyone you know?

No, I just write an invented guy, based on who I would want to read about or get to know in my imagination.


Are any of the female POVs based on anyone you know? 

Again no, I just make the characters up and hope they're interesting and realistic

 

Was there any one character/scene that was harder to write about than the other? 

In this particular story the lake scene was a bit difficult, in my mind I wanted them to flirt, but the story kept trying to make them have a spicy little scene…luckily I wrangled them in and made it all work.

 

I know that we aren’t supposed to have “favorites” as far as our children, but seriously, who’s your favorite character and why? 

I think Lissy is fun because she the bestie I never had, and always wanted a super girly girl outgoing and popular friend.

 

Series question - Who is your favorite couple and why did you decide on their dynamics? 

Bre and Austin are the central couple in this story, but keen eyes readers may also catch another couple trying to form in the background.

 

How do you get inside these character’s heads to find their perfect HEA?

They're inside my head, so it's easier to get inside their heads so to speak.


What scene in this book/series sticks out the most for you?  Why?

The scene in the pines, which is why I named the book after it.


Series - Were any of the books harder to write than others?

I haven’t written a series yet, so far all standalones.


This question is if you write in MULTIPLE POVs not just the hero and heroine - I love the multiple POVs in a book.  It’s not just the hero and heroine, but we get inside the heads of multiple characters throughout this series.  I feel that it gives the story further depth.  Do you think you will write another book or series following this multiple POV outline? 

Absolutely, I love telling the story from multiple angles. Even if the timeline doesn’t overlap, you can get more from the inner monologue of the other characters than not.


How long did it take you to write this book?

This particular story took quite a while, but that would be my own lack of discipline in writing time.


How did you come up with the title for your book?

(See above)


If you met these characters in real life would you get along?

They would be awesome to hang out with. Real friends/friendly types

 

If your book/series were made into a movie, which actors do you see as playing your characters? 

America F. and Bill Skarsgaard. Would be the main characters. Maybe Paris H as Lissy, and Erik could be someone like Channing T.

 

Can you give us a hint as to what we can expect next?  Whether a new book and series or a sequel to an existing series?  Can you share a small tease?

Absolutely! I have a shared world project that I am working on that will be releasing late this year, called the Rose Guild … my story is called Stolen Rose. It will be a college aged academy of magic with some age gap, fated mates, teacher/student, stalker, bully, and some really cool magical tricks worlds and trials too!

I also have a super secret publishing derby that I am participating in this Summer and Fall. It is all anonymous, the publishers have issued everyone a pen name and random book cover and we are currently writing our stories now!

And lastly I have a story that will be part of a List Aiming Anthology early next year, that will be an amazing ROM COM PNR SPOOF situation about a Vegan Vampire, and her 3 mates that she finds after moving to a magically protected from humans town… I am still working the outline there, so I can’t give too much away just yet. But I have the reason she stays a vegan even though she’s now a Vampire, and it’s definitely believable! So look forward to having that story in your hot little hands next year!

 

Check out all my interviews/reviews for K Rose!
https://readingbydeb.blogspot.com/2022/07/author-at-glance-k-rose.html#more


BIO:

K. Rose has been a part of the Indie Author Community for years. Getting her start as a reader, her keen eye led to a wonderful career in Alpha/Beta and ARC (Advance Reader Copy) reading. As a joke to her fellow advanced reader colleagues, she created a spoofed blurb and cover for a story and the feedback was so positive that it sparked her to run with it.

That stoked a fire that has her racing down a multi-genre freeway with no off-ramp in sight. K. doesn’t write to “market” and she is fairly certain that her humor and use of puns may cause an eye roll or two, but as she likes to say, “That’s how I roll.” and “Puns are always welcome!”

She has traveled the USA extensively, including Alaska, and lived in thirty-eight of the fifty states. Home is now the beautiful state of Wisconsin, where she dreams up her stories in the company of her guy of over twenty years, and their menagerie of furbabies, including five puppies, three rescue kitties, eighteen chickens, ruled by a Rooster named Chicken Parm, plus eight ducks, a ninety-gallon tropical fish tank and a chatty nineteen-year-old Cherry Headed Conure!

Life will always be interesting for K. Rose, which will fuel her works, and keep her muses singing, come join the chorus.


IT'S ALWAYS BEEN YOU Anthology

Get your copy today!
Available in Kindle Unlimited!

Take the plunge in this summer’s most anticipated Friends to Lovers collection for charity!

This spicy bites set has it all:

✓ sizzling romance

✓ hot heroes

✓ feisty heroines

✓ HEA guaranteed

Over forty titillating stories from USA Today best-selling and award-winning romance authors in a spicy Friends to Lovers collection curated by The New Romance Cafe, with ALL proceeds going to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.

Authors:

Harper Michaels
S.C. Principale
Anna Klein
Trinity Wood
Ariel Dawn
Sarah Stein
A.R. Bell
Leila Coltyn
Rhiannon Marina
Chele MacCabe
Katy Rose
Claudia Shelton
J.M. Adele
Annee Jones
Adelyn Zara
Melanie Greene
Guinevere Jordan
JK Lycke
Chelle Pimblott
DL Gallie
J.F. Lowe
Enid Ashton
Jane Poller
VK Holt
Kristine Charles
Alexa Santi
Tara Lee
Rebecca Conrad
Katie Frey
K. Rose
Bonnie Poirier
Tirza Schaefer
Serafina Jax
Emma Bray
Toni Denise
Pandora Snow
Jewelz Baxter

No comments:

Post a Comment