Thursday, October 6, 2022

INTERVIEW with ELAINE MARIE


I want to thank Elaine Marie for taking the time for this interview!


BIO:

A Jersey girl at heart! I love to write, read and spend time with my husband and children. I love to watch Football & Hockey-and read in my spare time.

 


When and how did you know you wanted to be a writer? 

Actually, I didn’t. I befriended a few indie authors and fooled around. When one happened to read what I had and she encouraged me to push forward to publish.

 

Did you have any influencing writers growing up?

Just the Harlequin romance books my grandma left around the country house.

 

Are any of your characters based on people in real life?

Almost all of them. Shh…don’t tell.

 

Where do you draw your book inspirations from?

Life in general. Situations I may see out in public, family, friends. Everything is up for grabs.

 

Do you use have a basic outline when starting a new story or do you let the characters lead the way?

The characters are always in charge.

 

When you are picturing the characters in your book, do you have a cheater photo for inspiration?

Sometimes, I’ll see something online and use it to compare my character to.

 

Many people read as a form of escape and relaxation.  What is your favorite way to sit back and relax?

Reading, or watching sports with my kids.

 

Who are your favorite current authors to read?

I have so many. 

SC Stephens, Thia Finn, JA Lafrance, Michael David, oh I can go on and on.

 

What are your favorite books by others?

My go to is The Thoughtless Trilogy by SC Stephens.

 

Do the locations in the stories have any meaning to you?

Yes. In fact The Johnson Sisters Trilogy is based in a town I grew up in.

 

Do you write in single or multiple POV?

Multiple POV

 

What do you find to be your best research tool?

Life experiences.

 

Do you write under a pen name?  Also, do you write under more than one name?

Elaine Marie is my first and middle name.

 

What genre do you write and why is this your preference?

Romance. Sweet, sexy and hot!

 

Tell me something about yourself outside of writing.  Jobs, accomplishments, family, quirky trait...what led to you being you?

I am married for twenty-three years 

I have three children, two dogs, three cats 

...and we live in a cemetery.  [Reading by Deb - that is story I would read 😂]

 

What advice would you give to an aspiring writer?

Do not give up.

 

How do you deal and process negative book reviews?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

 

What is the most difficult part of your writing process?

Getting them done.

 

What do you need in your writer’s space to keep you focused?

I need a writer’s space. LOL – I am always working out of different areas of the house.

 

What is your naughty indulgence as you are writing?

York peppermint patties

 

If you could spend a day with another popular author, whom would you choose?  And why?

Geez. I couldn’t choose. Sorry.

 

What is your schedule like when you are writing?  Do you have a favorite writing snack or drink?

I write when I can or when the characters give me no choice.

 

Do you listen to music when you write – what kind of music is your favorite?

Usually, any background noise is good. I have trouble when it’s silent.

 

Have pets ever gotten in the way of your writing?

My cats love to climb on the keyboard as I try and write.


What is your kryptonite as a writer?  What totally puts you off your game?

The voices being quiet.

 

Have you ever killed off a character that your readers loved?

Not yet.

 

How do you celebrate after typing THE END?

I breathe. LOL


I hope you enjoyed this interview!

Check out all my interviews/reviews for Elaine Marie!


Make sure to give Elaine Marie a shout-out and FOLLOW her on social media!

Connect with Elaine:

You can find Elaine Marie books at the following retailers:

AMAZON

Goodreads:

Bookbub:

Facebook:

Instagram:

Twitter:

Tiktok:

Linkt.ree:


No comments:

Post a Comment