Sunday, October 9, 2022

THE STORY BEHIND THE STORY - ALL FOR YOU DUET by Kelly Finley


THE STORY BEHIND THE STORY
All for You Duet

 

Get a behind-the-scenes all-access pass to Kelly Finley's All for You Duet!


***Synopis***

A dark romance featuring a high-school sweethearts with a big tragic secret that ten years later, gives them a second chance. 

In book two their enemies-to-lovers story intensifies as their passion and pain grow to find the one man who can help them both find love forever.



What is the sub-genre and trope? Did your characters lead you to this genre or was that decided before the story began?

Contemporary, steamy, dark romantic suspense

Celebrity romance

Second chance

Enemies-to-Lovers

Why Chose romance

I always write with suspense and feature strong heroines.

 

Are you more character or plot driven?

Character driven, but they're smart characters in dangerous plots


With many main and secondary characters, how do you keep them separated in your mind? Do you have a story/vision board above your workspace?

I love writing strong secondary characters. I bring them back and like to feature them in their own standalones. 

Yes, I keep a storyboard in my office of the evolving world I'm building.


I know from previous interviews that characters take on a life of their own. Were any of the characters in this series determined to take their own direction instead of where you initially wanted them to go?

Every. Single. Time. 

They form their own voice and wake me up with it. 


Are any of the male POVs based on anyone you know?

Yes, a mix of amazing men in my life while parts are pure fiction


Are any of the female POVs based on anyone you know?

I'm lucky to know some badass women, so yes, I interview them and use bits and pieces as I write too.


Was there any one character/scene that was harder to write about than the others?

My newest release, the All for You duet, features a strong, funny mother. She was the most fun and heartbreaking to write from the daughter's POV. I think many readers can relate to that.


What is your favorite book in the series?

It's always the one I'm writing now


I know that we aren’t supposed to have “favorites” as far as our children, but seriously, who’s your favorite character and why?

I gotta say "Mama" so far. Everyone loves her. She's the older, stronger mom like many of us know and she has no filter. Her wit and wisdom made me laugh happy tears.


Series question - Who is your favorite couple and why did you decide on their dynamics?

Cade and Redix are my most recent favorite couple. 

Their story came to me two years ago. It's a flip of the gender script where the man avenges the woman's honor. I wrote a book where it's the woman avenging the man.


How do you get inside these character’s heads to find their perfect HEA?

I always knew how it would end. But I take long walks and listen to lots of music and let them talk to me and how they want to reach that ending.


What scene in this book/series sticks out the most for you? Why?

Oh, this is tough to answer because it will spoil the story. 

But let's just say I lived a similar scene so the tears and passion and pain were visceral for me as I wrote it. It seems the readers are responding to it as well.


Series - Were any of the books harder to write than others?

My first book. It took me the longest because at first, I didn't know what I was doing. Now, I feel like I've found my voice and stride. But I'm always working to improve.


This question is if you write in MULTIPLE POVs not just the hero and heroine - I love the multiple POVs in a book. It’s not just the hero and heroine, but we get inside the heads of multiple characters throughout this series. I feel that it gives the story further depth. Do you think you will write another book or series following this multiple POV outline? 

Yes. I love writing in multiple POVs—at least two. 

I really like writing men. Men like we wish more were like. That's a lot of fun.


How long did it take you to write this book/series?

This one was in my heart for two years so when I finally sat down to write it, two books just burned up my keyboard in months. 

I had two full novels written in 4 months.


How did you come up with the title for your book and series?

I like short titles and playing with pronouns. I also like double entendres. 

For example, "After Him" is the story of what happened to our tragic MC when someone went after him, and to our FC after he left.


If you met these characters in real life would you get along?

I'd marry them.


Series question – Did you know in advance that you were going to write this as a series or did one of the characters in book one demand their own story?

I knew it had to be more than one book.


If your book/series were made into a movie, which actors do you see as playing your characters?

Cade Bryant, the FC = Jennifer Lawrence or Charlize Theron 

Redix Dean, the MC = younger Brad Pitt or Travis Fimmel


Can you give us a hint as to what we can expect next? Whether a new book and series or a sequel to an existing series? Can you share a small tease?

Sure! All for Him is my next book. 

It's my first standalone featuring the hot, free-spirit we meet in both this new duet and in my first trilogy. 

My readers love Silas, and now, he's getting his own book. So will three other characters featured in this duet. Stay tuned....

 

Check out all my interviews/reviews for Kelly Finley!


Bio:

 Kelly Finley hates writing bios but appreciates that you made it this far. So here you go… 

She lives in the Carolinas with her sexy husband and cherished family. A rebel with many causes, she fancies black leather, dirty jokes, big hearts, and smart mouths.

Thrilled by a flipped gender script and ticked off by women portrayed as weak, she noticed how many steamy, sexy heroines were missing, particularly from romance pages. 

Her friends shared the same frustration and told her to practice what she has taught for over twenty years—women who kick ass. 

Dedicated to writing books featuring characters we champion and love—ones with shameless heat, brave hearts, and whip-smart minds—she's most likely at her keyboard putting the next story on the page for you right now.

Connect with Kelly:

Website:

Amazon: 

Goodreads: 

Bookbub: 

Facebook Group:

Instagram:

Tiktok:

Newsletter Sign-Up:



AFTER HIM

Get your copy today!

BLURB:

From author Kelly Finley comes another scorching tale with a sexy, tragic hero brought to his knees by a heartbreaking secret.

When you’re wanted…
Redix Dean is so hot he breaks hearts upon sight.
He promised he’d love me for infinity.
After one tragic night, he lied.
He moved to LA, found celebrity success, and left me with no answers.
Now he’s back and thinks he can seduce me and make me his again?

He was the love of my life.
No matter how famous he is, he’s still the boy who saved me.
Everyone sees his beauty. I see his pain.
Everyone is after him. I only want to save him.
Because he’s hiding something and I'm the only one who knows it.
I'll keep his secret while he plays dark games with my heart and body … until the very end.

“After Him” is the angsty, steamy, fast-paced first of a duet featuring a tragic hero and a second chance worth fighting for. It is a tear-jerking story with blazing hot scenes and dark themes that may be sensitive for some readers.





WITH HIM

Get your copy today!

BLURB:

When you’re torn…
Why should you decide?

I’m caught between a man who hates me and one who wants me.
And yes, it’s possible to choose—I love them both.
Redix is the only man I’ve ever told I love. We’re connected in ways that brand my soul.
Silas is a man of new temptation. He only wants to free me from my dark past.

But what do I want? What do I need?
All I’ve known is a love I’d kill for.
All I feel is that I want to save them both...

“With Him” is a steamy, fast-paced second of a duet featuring a menage between a tragic hero, a free spirit, and a love that breaks the rules. It is a HEA with hot scenes and dark themes that may be sensitive for some readers.



No comments:

Post a Comment