Tuesday, October 11, 2022

THE STORY BEHIND THE STORY - THE JOHNSON SISTERS by Elaine Marie


THE STORY BEHIND THE STORY
The Johnson Sisters

Get a behind-the-scenes all-access pass to Elaine Marie's The Johnson Sisters Trilogy!


***Synopis***

The Johnson Family grew up in a small Jersey town. Even though each are their own, they forever have each other’s backs. 

Through thick and thin, family always comes first.


 

What is the sub-genre and trope?  Did your characters lead you to this genre or was that decided before the story began?

Sisters: One Night is a friends to lovers (first crush). One Hour is a friends with benefits to lovers and One Kiss is Professor/student to lovers.

 

Are you more character or plot driven?

The characters control the story, I’m just here to put it on paper.

 

With many main and secondary characters, how do you keep them separated in your mind?  Do you have a story/vision board above your workspace?

My stories are shorter than most. Therefore, I don’t tend to lose my characters. 

That being said, sometimes I do have to go back and see where they came from.

 

I know from previous interviews that characters take on a life of their own.  Were any of the characters in this series determined to take their own direction instead of where you initially wanted them to go?

The characters control the story, I’m just here to put it on paper.

 

Are any of the male/female POVs based on anyone you know?

All of my stories have something about me or someone I know in them. It’s how I am able to bring detail so the reader can feel and understand what is going on at the moment.

 

Was there any one character/scene that was harder to write about than the other?

These girls can talk my ear off. I didn’t have many issues with this trilogy.

 

What is your favorite book in the series?

I have to say being the second child myself, One Hour with Nicki is on top.

 

I know that we aren’t supposed to have “favorites” as far as our children, but seriously, who’s your favorite character and why?

Nicki. She is outgoing, loud and a take no bull $h!t kind of girl.

 

Series question - Who is your favorite couple and why did you decide on their dynamics?

Danielle and Jacob 

They waited a long time to confess how they felt, and it was almost lost completely because of one night.

 

How do you get inside these characters’ heads to find their perfect HEA?

I actually laughed out loud at this. They get in my head and the words flow.

I have no choice when it comes to writing, I kind of – just happens.

 

What scene in this book/series sticks out the most for you?  Why?

The parents. I love how even though the kids are all out and growing up they are always there for them.

 

How long did it take you to write this book/series?

A couple months in the making.

 

How did you come up with the title for your book and series?

I took a street name from my hometown.

 

If you met these characters in real life, would you get along?

Absolutely.

 

Series question – Did you know in advance that you were going to write this as a series or did one of the characters in book one demand their own story?

I wanted each sister to have her own story told, so yes, I knew.

 

If your book/series were made into a movie, which actors do you see as playing your characters?

Geez. This is hard.

Maybe for the parents: Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler ( LOL )

I really couldn’t pick. But they would definitely have a fun time filming.

 

Can you give us a hint as to what we can expect next?  Whether a new book and series or a sequel to an existing series?  Can you share a small tease?

I have two Duets I will be working on next. 

 

 Check out all my interviews/reviews for Elaine Marie!
https://readingbydeb.blogspot.com/2022/09/author-at-glance-elaine-marie.html


Bio:

A Jersey girl at heart! I love to write, read and spend time with my husband and children. I love to watch Football & Hockey-and read in my spare time.


Connect with Elaine:

You can find Elaine Marie books at the following retailers:

AMAZON

Goodreads:

Bookbub:

Facebook:

Instagram:

Twitter:

Tiktok:

Linkt.ree:




ONE NIGHT

Get your copy today!
https://books2read.com/OneNight-JohnsonSisters

BLURB:

One Night...Was all it took to make Danielle's dream come crashing down around her.

Danielle Johnson not only is she fighting something that has left her scared and preparing for the worst, but now she is dealing with being forgotten.

All she wanted was One Night, but the morning after was what broke her heart.

Can Danielle's One Night with Jacob be enough for her, or will she need to forgive and forget to move forward?



ONE HOUR

Get your copy today!
https://books2read.com/OneHour-JohnsonSisters

BLURB:

One Hour...Was all it took to turn Nicolette Johnson's life upside down. Being the second child, she stays true to every rumor of how reckless they can be.

When reality hits her, she realizes just how out of control her life has become. A spur of the moment decision takes her away with her best friend, friends with benefits, and co-worker Diesel.

Viva Las Vegas!

Now she is dealing with a whole new course of action.

All she wanted was One Hour, but what she got could be so much more.

Will Nicolette let her choice rule her life, or will she realize what she really wants?



ONE KISS

Get your copy today!
https://books2read.com/OneKiss-JohnsonSisters

BLURB:

One Kiss...Was all it took to make Kendra’s life more confusing than ever.

Kendra Johnson had a major crush on her professor, but after graduation and landing a prestigious job working a long side him, the feelings became more.

All she wanted was One Kiss to show him her true feelings. Instead secrets came out and patience ran thin.

Will she get the opportunity? Or are things just too complex now?



THE JOHNSON SISTERS TRILOGY

Get your copy today!

BLURB:

The Johnson Family grew up in a small Jersey town.

Even though each are their own, they forever have each other’s backs.

Through thick and thin, family always comes first.

Find out how the Johnson family went from One Chance, to One Night, to One Hour and finally One Kiss

One Chance is a very short story or “prologue” only found in The Johnson Sisters Trilogy book (all in one) and can’t be found anywhere else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment