Saturday, July 2, 2022

INTERVIEW with KRYSTYNA ALLYN



 I want to thank Krystyna Allyn for taking the time for this interview!

BIO:

Krystyna lives in somewhere USA with her amazingly awesome husband. Though she works full time, blogs, and reads like a maniac, she still manages to find the time to write all her crazy stories.

Her hobbies include baking, skydiving, karaoke, and general mischief. The list of her favorite authors is endless, so rather than singling out anyone particular, she'll just mention her number one go-to cookie is oatmeal raisin.


 

When and how did you know you wanted to be a writer? 

I never knew. I fell into this field by accident, though the more I think on it, I’ve always has the imagination of a storyteller.

 

Did you have any influencing writers growing up? 

No one in particular. Some people say I have a similar style to Kristen Ashley, but I don’t see it. 

I just spill my inner thoughts on a page and they come out however they were meant to.

 

Are any of your characters based on people in real life? 

Yes, a bunch of them.

 

Where do you draw your book inspirations from? 

Dreams, random interactions. It truly can be anything.

 

Do you use have a basic outline when starting a new story or do you let the characters lead the way? 

A little bit if both. I’ll have a basic idea, write a few points in my notebook, and go from there.

 

When you are picturing the characters in your book, do you have a cheater photo for inspiration? 

Yes. When I come up with a mental description, I scour Pinterest to find them

 

Many people read as a form of escape and relaxation.  What is your favorite way to sit back and relax? 

Audiobooks.  I can listen to a story for hours.

 

Who are your favorite current authors to read? 

Ugh. So many. 

Brenda K Davies, JR Ward, Kristen Ashley, Cynthia Eden. 

I’m currently loving Grace Goodwin too.

 

What are your favorite books by others? 

This is a trick question! I can’t pick just one person. It’s too hard.

 

Do the locations in the stories have any meaning to you? 

I like to use real places. It makes the research fun.

 

Do you write in single or multiple POV? 

Depends on the book and who wants to talk to me at the time.

 

What do you find to be your best research tool? 

Google. It knows everything.

 

Do you write under a pen name?  Also, do you write under more than one name? 

Yes, and only one so far.

 

What genre do you write and why is this your preference? 

I write in multiple. PNR is my favorite, but I love Contemporary too.

 

What advice would you give to an aspiring writer? 

When in doubt, just keep writing.

 

How do you deal and process negative book reviews? 

It used to bother me, but honestly, I don’t read them anymore. Reviews are for readers.

 

What is the most difficult part of your writing process?

Expanding on the idea. I like quickly getting to the point, but that’s not how writing works.

 

What do you need in your writer’s space to keep you focused? 

Candy and music.

 

If you could spend a day with another popular author, whom would you choose? 

Kristen Ashley always seems like a good time. I’d love to go shopping with her.

 

What is your schedule like when you are writing?  

Impossible. I work full-time, so I have to squeeze writing in when I can.

 

Do you have a favorite writing snack or drink? 

Tea or coffee.

 

Do you listen to music when you write – what kind of music is your favorite? 

Each book has its own playlist. Typically, I keep it on repeat.

 

Have pets ever gotten in the way of your writing? 

I love cats, but due to allergies, we can’t keep one.

 

What is your kryptonite as a writer? 

Social media. Sometimes I have to hide my phone from myself. 


What totally puts you off your game? 

When my character does a random 180. It’s so annoying!

 

Have you ever killed off a character that your readers loved? 

Yup, but I had reasons!

 

How do you celebrate after typing THE END? 

A long nap and then a good book.

 

I hope you enjoyed this interview!

Check out all my interviews/reviews for Krystyna Allyn!
https://readingbydeb.blogspot.com/2022/07/author-at-glance-krystyna-allyn.html#more


Make sure to give Krystyna Allyn a shout out and FOLLOW her on social media!

Connect with Krystyna:

Website:

Amazon:

Audible:

Goodreads:

Bookbub:

Facebook:

Facebook Group:

Instagram:

Twitter:

Pinterest:

Tiktok:

Newsletter Signup:

No comments:

Post a Comment