Thursday, September 8, 2022

INTERVIEW with HAVANA WILDER


I want to thank Havana Wilder for taking the time for this interview!


BIO:

Havana has always had a vivid imagination and is an avid dreamer. As a child, she used to have a goal of making her mom laugh as much as she could by coming up with some very outlandish stories. 

As she grew up she discovered her love of fantasy romances and dreamt about becoming an author herself. So, she decided to put her dreams into reality by becoming an author herself. 

Having written and published 6 books in a fantasy series, she is now hard at work with a new up-and-coming fantasy trilogy.


When and how did you know you wanted to be a writer?

About two years ago I started having dreams that would be great books. So, I started writing them down and now I have a 6 book dystopian fantasy series out. 

I’m starting a new series. A Royal Fantasy series, book one will release Nov 11th of this year. 

I’m also doing an anthology to benefit those fighting in the war defending themselves in the Ukraine.

 

Did you have any influencing writers growing up? 

No

 

Are any of your characters based on people in real life? 

No

 

Where do you draw your book inspirations from? 

From my dreams.

 

Do you use have a basic outline when starting a new story or do you let the characters lead the way?

NO, I’m a pantser all the way. I just sit down and let the story unfold as I type.

 

When you are picturing the characters in your book, do you have a cheater photo for inspiration? 

No.

 

Many people read as a form of escape and relaxation.  What is your favorite way to sit back and relax? 

I like wakeboarding, 4-wheeling, riding horses, watching movies on my outdoor pergola while eating smores, or reading.

 

Who are your favorite current authors to read? 

Kendra Thomas, Loren Beeson, Elizabeth Aton, Melissa Simone are a few

 

What are your favorite books by others? 

The Granted Series, One More Kiss, Unexpected, The Vampire Reversal

 

Do the locations in the stories have any meaning to you? 

Yes, I base them off of where I live in Georgia. It’s easy to describe it if I’m familiar with it.

 

Do you write in single or multiple POV? 

Mostly dual POV

 

What do you find to be your best research tool? 

Google

 

Do you write under a pen name?  Also, do you write under more than one name? 

Yes, my pen name is Havana Wilder. Only one pen name.

 

What genre do you write and why is this your preference? 

Fantasy is my genre, but I’m writing a Firefighter novel in a series with a group of authors that’s small town romance and totally out of my comfort zone but I’m loving how it’s going so far.

 

Tell me something about yourself outside of writing.  Jobs, accomplishments, family, quirky trait...what led to you being you? 

I’m a Nurse Practitioner by day and fantasy world creator by night. I work Monday through Friday at a busy hospital. 

I’ve been married for almost 19 years. 

I have two daughters in high school one plays volleyball and the other does horse show competitions. 

I have very little time to write so I do the best I can when I’m able.

 

What advice would you give to an aspiring writer? 

Just do it. Stop waiting.

 

How do you deal and process negative book reviews? 

Meh, I’m not everyone’s cup of tea. That’s okay b/c there are a lot out there that love my writing.

 

What is the most difficult part of your writing process? 

Finding time.

 

What do you need in your writer’s space to keep you focused? 

Just a computer.

 

What is your naughty indulgence as you are writing? 

Not sure I have one.

 

If you could spend a day with another popular author, whom would you choose?  And why?

Probably Jenny Hale to see how her brain works while writing modern day romance.

 

What is your schedule like when you are writing?  Do you have a favorite writing snack or drink? 

I try to dedicate an hour or two 2 nights a week as my schedule is too crazy to try anything more.

 

Do you listen to music when you write – what kind of music is your favorite? 

No, I like silence so I can focus.

 

Have pets ever gotten in the way of your writing? 

No

 

What is your kryptonite as a writer?  What totally puts you off your game? 

Noise

 

Have you ever killed off a character that your readers loved? 

Nope. I don’t like it when other authors do it so I’m not going to do it. I like to read to escape and to be happy. I want my readers to feel like my books are a great fun escape.

 

How do you celebrate after typing THE END? 

Post on Instagram b/c my friends on there make me feel like a million bucks.

 

 I hope you enjoyed this interview!


Check out all my interviews/reviews for Havana Wilder!
https://readingbydeb.blogspot.com/2022/09/author-at-glance-havana-wilder.html#more


Make sure to give Havana Wilder a shout out and FOLLOW her on social media!

Connect with Havana:

Amazon:
https://amzn.to/48reDnn

GoodReads:
https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/20681246.Havana_Wilder

BookBub:
https://www.bookbub.com/authors/havana-wilder

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/havana.wilder

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/havanawilder/


No comments:

Post a Comment