Wednesday, September 21, 2022

THE STORY BEHIND THE STORY - THE TEMPTATION Series by Annie Charme


THE STORY BEHIND THE STORY
The Temptation Series

 

Get a behind-the-scenes all-access pass to Annie Charme's The Temptation Series!


***Synopis***

Books 1 and 2 are a duet and follow on from each other. The prequel is set 20 years in the past at university and can be enjoyed at any stage.

Cal and Steph grew up together, they were best friends, housemates then lovers, until he broke her heart at uni. Fast forward twenty years, Steph starts a new job. Her first day is going so well, until Cal walks in, sitting at the desk opposite. He realises what he’s been missing all these years and will stop at nothing to win her back. Only she’s married now, to the wrong man.

 


What is the sub-genre and trope?  Did your characters lead you to this genre or was that decided before the story began? 

It was pretty much decided before I began, this is a story that I’ve wanted to write for years. 

Could an old flame tempt you away from your family? Would you give an ex a second chance? Do you ever get over your first love? 

The tropes are: (Forever Yours Book 1) Office romance, forbidden, second chance. 

Midlife (Forever Mine, Book 2) Second Chance, Single Dad, Blended Family 

(Forever Young, a prequel) Childhood best friends, opposites attract, university setting, housemates.

 

Are you more character or plot driven? 

Character driven I think, although I do like a good plot.

 

With many main and secondary characters, how do you keep them separated in your mind?  Do you have a story/vision board above your workspace? 

They all have a little headspace, but I have a notebook full of character details that I have to refer back to occasionally. I also like to do Pinterest boards for each book.

 

I know from previous interviews that characters take on a life of their own.  Were any of the characters in this series determined to take their own direction instead of where you initially wanted them to go? 

Absolutely. Every character I’ve ever written seems to ignore everything I have planned and do their own thing. There was no taming Cal, especially in book 2.

 

Are any of the male POVs based on anyone you know? 

No. Although my husband inspired some lines. He often says things then adds. “Don’t put that in your book.”

 

Are any of the female POVs based on anyone you know? 

I would be lying if I said no, Steph is a little bit of me. I had my heart broken at uni and I poured all those emotions into this book.

 

Was there any one character/scene that was harder to write about than the other? 

There is one scene in book 2, when I finished writing it I was in floods of tears and hadn’t realised as I was so in the moment. 

I won’t say which part because of spoilers but also book 1 talking about their break up was difficult as it brought back all the emotions for me.

 

What is your favorite book in the series?  

As it’s a duet, it’s hard to say as you need to read the first to understand things in the second. They are both my favourites for different reasons. 

The prequel is just a fun story, focusing on their friendship and how their feelings grow. Book 1 brings the heat and book 2 brings the angst and drama.

 

I know that we aren’t supposed to have “favorites” as far as our children, but seriously, who’s your favorite character and why? 

Cal is my favourite character. He isn’t without his flaws and has to learn to put others first and realise, when you love someone you let them go.

 

Series question - Who is your favorite couple and why did you decide on their dynamics? 

Not applicable as there is only 1 couple in this series.

 

How do you get inside these character’s heads to find their perfect HEA? 

These characters have lived with me for so long, it just came natural.

 

What scene in this book/series sticks out the most for you?  Why? 

Their first time again. 

Steph, being plus size and having two kids since they were intimate at uni, obviously her body has changed quite a lot. She’s so insecure about her body, and even more insecure about Cal seeing her with new stretchmarks and bigger than she was before. 

I love how he puts her at ease, as though she’s the only woman in the world for him and he really couldn’t care how much she weighs.

 

Series - Were any of the books harder to write than others? 

I wrote most of this series in journals. We would go away at the weekend and I would take a journal. 

The hard part was typing it up. It took me a month to type up book 2 from my notebooks. I would set myself a goal of 2k minimum each night. More on my days off work.

 

How long did it take you to write this book/series? 

Two years

 

How did you come up with the title for your book and series? 

It’s in the book. I don’t usually choose a title until I’ve written the story and it came to me towards the end of the first book. 

My working title was ‘Broken’ but a friend pointed out, it sounds so depressing.

 

If you met these characters in real life would you get along? 

Steph would be my best friend, but I may have to slap her occasionally haha

 

Series question – Did you know in advance that you were going to write this as a series or did one of the characters in book one demand their own story? 

Originally I was just writing the one book, but then things didn’t turn out how I planned because the characters wouldn’t play ball.

 

If your book/series were made into a movie, which actors do you see as playing your characters? 

Ooooh. Kit Harrington as Cal.

 

Can you give us a hint as to what we can expect next?  Whether a new book and series or a sequel to an existing series?  Can you share a small tease? 

My next release is out on 21st November 2022, Unwrapped For You. A Christmas Novella, part of the Curves for Christmas Collaboration with twenty other authors. 

My story follows Eve Snow, a British weather girl moved to Texas, living next door to an annoyingly handsome gym instructor. They get off on the wrong foot, fighting like their cat and dog, but he likes a challenge.

I’m also hoping to have Cal’s journal finalised before Christmas and out to all my newsletter subscribers as a Christmas gift. After finishing the series I had a full year of diary entries from Cal’s university days, that never made it into the books. 


Check out all my interviews/reviews for Annie Charme!
https://readingbydeb.blogspot.com/2022/09/author-in-glance-annie-charme.html


Bio:

Im a graphic artist by day and author by night, writing real, raw, racy romance. My book boyfriends are inked heroes who like fat, fun, and feisty women (sounds familiar).

After dieting since the age of ten, I swapped my slimming club for a writing group and never looked back. My goal is to spread body positivity through my fat and fabulous curvy heroines with a good serving of British humour on the side (not forgetting an extra helping of alpha goodness).

On the very rare occasion Im not working in my day job...or night job as a writer, I'll be living my best life in the heart of England with my other half, two wildlings (otherwise known as Veruca Salt and Mike Teavee), and a randy cavalier pup.

My serious book fetish travels with me in our tin cruiser as we roam the English countryside. Youll usually find me in a field somewhere or curled up on the sofa with a coffee (wine), blanket and dog to keep me cozy, and a good steamy book to make me w—warm.

Connect with Annie:

Email:

Website:

Amazon:

GoodReads:

BookBub:

Facebook:

Facebook Group: The Yorkshire Lasses Book Hub
https://www.facebook.com/groups/209489034359879

Instagram:

Tik Tok:

Newsletter Sign-Up:


Get your copy today!
Available in Kindle Unlimited!
US: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09GB29K2J
UK:  https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B09GB29K2J


Lovable rogue Cal was my best friend, soul mate, housemate and lover... Until he shattered my dreams.

Years after Cal left me, my husband picked up the pieces - the first man to show interest and make me feel worthy of love again. Two children later and life has taken its toll; a monotonous routine and stale marriage. But when a new career opportunity presents itself—an exciting job at a leading marketing company—nothing can dull my sparkle.

Until he walks into the office; the one who loved and left. Irresistible, carefree Callum, who stirs something deep within me. Feelings I thought I had laid to rest. Being plus size in every sense of the word, I struggle with temptation as I try to lose weight. I don’t need another craving to contend with.

I'm devoted to my family, but my desire for this impossible man has been reawakened. I’m not willing to risk my heart again for a man that left it in pieces. But when true love and loyalty collide, Cal might be one temptation too far.

BASED IN THE UK. PLEASE NOTE: MATURE THEMES AND INFIDELITY. ONE DISCUSSION ON A PAST PREGNANCY LOSS.



Get your copy today!
Available in Kindle Unlimited!
https://amzn.to/3MNcN7T


She’s mine. She’s always been mine, married or not.

When my girl, Steph, walked into my place of work one autumn day last year, I thought fate had given us a second chance, until I saw the ring on her finger.

Nothing stops me from getting what I want, least of all a piece of jewellery. But my desperate need for her is my undoing.

I’ve always been a selfish A-hole with a capital A, and that’s never gonna change.

She’s always been a selfless soul and would forgive me for anything.

But she may not be so forgiving this time.

I’ve pushed away the one woman I love above all else and the one woman who loved me unconditionally.

Seeing her again, I want to rip her clothes off, but the only thing that’s off is our timing, as usual.

As things go from bad to worse, can I win back her heart, or is our relationship forever in the past?

Must read book 1, Forever Yours first. Mature themes, infidelity, and discussion on a past pregnancy loss.



Get your copy today!

Available in Kindle Unlimited!
https://amzn.to/3obz8Sl

I'm a curvy, outgoing girl. Always have been. Just like I’ve always had a soft spot for my childhood best friend.

Callum, a boy with far too many tattoos, will start fights for me, protect me and is always there to make me smile.

Now we’re both studying marketing at the same university, he feels different and my secret crush quickly becomes full blown love.

But it’s hard when you're friend zoned.

Oh yeah, he's got a girlfriend... racy Stacey with her alternative style and black lipstick.

Will he leave the dark side for a big ray of sunshine and turn our friendship into something truly amazing? Or am I doomed to be forever dating losers and never the one I want?

A prequel to Forever Yours and Forever Mine set twenty years in the past following Cal & Steph at university.

Contains mature themes.

No comments:

Post a Comment