Thursday, September 8, 2022

THE STORY BEHIND THE STORY - LIFE AFTER THE STORM by Havana Wilder


THE STORY BEHIND THE STORY
Life After the Storm


Get a behind-the-scenes all-access pass to Havana Wilder's Life After the Storm - part of the Love and Unity - a charity anthology to benefit Ukraine!


***Synopis***

There are a few authors who’ve written their own unique stories that’ll be included in this book. Mine is a short story. It’s a fantasy dystopian romance.

 

What is the sub-genre and trope?  Did your characters lead you to this genre or was that decided before the story began? 

There will be many different genres in this book. But mine is Dystopian Romance.

 

Are you more character or plot driven? 

I’d say both.

 

With many main and secondary characters, how do you keep them separated in your mind?  Do you have a story/vision board above your workspace? 

I’m a total pantser so I let them evolve as I write. I’d love to be able to come up with a story board. It sounds fun.

 

I know from previous interviews that characters take on a life of their own.  Were any of the characters in this series determined to take their own direction instead of where you initially wanted them to go? 

Nah, not really. I let them tell me as I go. I’m not disappointed that way, lol.

 

Are any of the male/female POVs based on anyone you know? 

Nope, in this short story all my characters are made up.

 

Was there any one character/scene that was harder to write about than the other?

Not really. It’s fun to watch it unfold as I write.

 

I know that we aren’t supposed to have “favorites” as far as our children, but seriously, who’s your favorite character and why? 

Umm, I don’t have one.

 

Series question - Who is your favorite couple and why did you decide on their dynamics? 

If this is related to the book being discussed, I’m not sure. 

If we’re talking about my Iron Mountain series, I’d have to say Tova and Pierce or Dani-jo and Kage. 

I love sassy heroines, instant attraction because come on, you know the second you meet that other person if you’re attracted to them or not. I like fast burn and slow burn which discuss the two different couples above. 

I also am a huge fan of friends to lovers. I don’t get why people like “mean” guys becoming the females love interest.

 

How do you get inside these character’s heads to find their perfect HEA? 

They just develop as the story goes.

 

What scene in this book/series sticks out the most for you?  Why? 

The battle scenes are my forte and are always my favorite to write.

 

Series - Were any of the books harder to write than others? 

Not really, they all take on a completely different hurdle to overcome.

 

This question is if you write in MULTIPLE POVs not just the hero and heroine - I love the multiple POVs in a book.  It’s not just the hero and heroine, but we get inside the heads of multiple characters throughout this series.  I feel that it gives the story further depth.  Do you think you will write another book or series following this multiple POV outline? 

I’ll only write in dual POV b/c it gets too confusing trying to keep up with who’s talking.

 

How long did it take you to write this book? 

The anthology story only took two days to write.

 

How did you come up with the title for your book? 

It was formed from the Love and Unity anthology. Life After the Storm is what my short story is called.

 

If you met these characters in real life would you get along? 

A thousand times yes.

 

Series question – Did you know in advance that you were going to write this as a series or did one of the characters in book one demand their own story? 

When I first started writing I thought it was only going to be one book but then the other characters were telling me, along with my sister, that they needed their own story.

 

If your book/series were made into a movie, which actors do you see as playing your characters? 

Oh gosh, probably the models who are the characters are on my covers.

 

Can you give us a hint as to what we can expect next?  Whether a new book and series or a sequel to an existing series?  Can you share a small tease?

New series release: Book one Land of Lyrics releases Nov 11th, 2022. It’s a royal fantasy series. Think princess, prince, dragons, magic, battles. 

There’s a Firefighter series (I’m only writing one book as this is with multiple authors) that releases next Summer. Mine will release in August 2022, title is Quench my Fire. It’s a small-town romance with some suspense interwoven. 

I have another anthology that I’ve written a short story for as well. Not sure when it releases. But the title is of my story in this anthology is Fiery Wings and Angel Dreams. The anthology isn’t yet titled.

 

Check out all my interviews/reviews for Havana Wilder!
https://readingbydeb.blogspot.com/2022/09/author-at-glance-havana-wilder.html#more 



BIO:

Havana has always had a vivid imagination and is an avid dreamer. As a child, she used to have a goal of making her mom laugh as much as she could by coming up with some very outlandish stories. 

As she grew up she discovered her love of fantasy romances and dreamt about becoming an author herself. So, she decided to put her dreams into reality by becoming an author herself. 

Having written and published 6 books in a fantasy series, she is now hard at work with a new up-and-coming fantasy trilogy.



Love and Unity: A Romance Charity Anthology to Benefit Ukraine

Promoted by:  Carxander Publishing
Cover Design:  Carter Cover Designs

Release Date: September 13th

Get your copy today!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B1BKYLQW 

 

Love and Unity is a collection of steamy and sweet reads with sexy, Alpha males, and the other half of their hearts who brought them to their knees.

Included are exclusive, never-seen-before stories from popular indie authors. Inside you will find a plethora of second chance, contemporary, sports, paranormal, enemies-to-lovers, dark mafia, royal, fantasy, forbidden, age gap, and rockstar romances.

100% of the royalties will be donated to the Ukrainian Defense Fund to help those fighting for freedom in Ukraine.

Stories included in this Anthology

Love Always Wins by Anneke Boshoff
Love Me 'Til The End by Ayana Lisbet
Dragged Out Kicking and Screaming by D.L. Howe
There All Along by Darley Collins
Life After The Storm by Havana Wilder
Jimena by Kindra White
When You Forget Me by Lorelei Johnson
The Storyteller by Louise Murchie
The Detective's Forbidden Temptation by Melony Ann
Ten Days In Heaven by Samantha Michaels

 

Check out THE INSIDE SCOOP for the Love and Unity Anthology!
Meet the authors & get the story behind their stories!

https://readingbydeb.blogspot.com/2022/08/the-inside-scoop-love-and-unity-romance.html

No comments:

Post a Comment