Thursday, September 15, 2022

THE STORY BEHIND THE STORY - LOVE, LIES AND CATFISH Series by Joi Jackson


THE STORY BEHIND THE STORY
Love, Lies and Catfish Series

 

Get a behind-the-scenes all-access pass to Joi Jackson's Love, Lies and Catfish Series!


***Synopis***

The series is about four women that work at an online dating investigation firm called Expose. Each story focuses on their journey in finding their happily ever after and the catfishing investigations they are involved in.

 

What is the sub-genre and trope?  Did your characters lead you to this genre or was that decided before the story began?

The tropes will vary; It’s a contemporary romance series, I guess workplace romance would be the closest fit.


Are you more character or plot driven?

I like to think the characters drive the plot, so I’m more character driven.


With many main and secondary characters, how do you keep them separated in your mind?  Do you have a story/vision board above your workspace?

I use a spreadsheet and a story bible to keep everything organized. 

I list each character with a name, no matter how minor, in the character list.


I know from previous interviews that characters take on a life of their own.  Were any of the characters in this series determined to take their own direction instead of where you initially wanted them to go?

Yes, I have to outline my novels before I start and the characters tend to wander off on their own until I pull them back, but I’m learning to give them more wiggle room and be open to see where they take me.


Are any of the male POVs based on anyone you know?

There are some of my husband’s characteristics in a couple of them.


Are any of the female POVs based on anyone you know?

No, it’s more of a mixture. 

I like to experiment with mixing cocktails when I have friends and family over and I do the same with my characters. A bit of this and a pinch of that, no recipes needed. LOL


Was there any one character/scene that was harder to write about than the other?

I do have a scene in my Christmas novel that nearly brought me to tears. 

And my first sex scene was like slaying my first 3 headed dragon. It took a few attempts to get it where I was happy with it.


I know that we aren’t supposed to have “favorites” as far as our children, but seriously, who’s your favorite character and why?

They are all my favorites in their own way, even my villain.


Series question - Who is your favorite couple and why did you decide on their dynamics?

I let the characters decide their dynamics. I knew I wanted to explore how familial relationships can get in the way of a new love relationship.


How do you get inside these character’s heads to find their perfect HEA?

I have done Tarot spreads for character development and I hold therapy sessions with them.


What scene in this book/series sticks out the most for you?  Why?

I love the scene where Donovan and London get to know each other and have their first kiss.


Series - Were any of the books harder to write than others?

NA – my series hasn’t been completed yet.


This question is if you write in MULTIPLE POVs not just the hero and heroine - I love the multiple POVs in a book.  It’s not just the hero and heroine, but we get inside the heads of multiple characters throughout this series.  I feel that it gives the story further depth.  Do you think you will write another book or series following this multiple POV outline?

I think if I write a romantic suspense, I will include the villain's POV just so we can see how their mind works.


How long did it take you to write this book/series?

I started To Catch a Catfish in 2019 during NaNoWriMo and finished it in 2021 so almost 2 years.


How did you come up with the title for your book and series?

I like playing around with classic or known titles so each book will be a derivative of a classic title.


If you met these characters in real life would you get along?

Yes, I think so. Maybe not with my villain. She’s kind of mean.


Series question – Did you know in advance that you were going to write this as a series or did one of the characters in book one demand their own story?

I always envisioned this as a series because I love the idea of creating a world and having multiple characters get their own HEA


 Check out all my interviews/reviews for Joi Jackson!
https://readingbydeb.blogspot.com/2022/09/author-at-glance-joi-jackson.html




BIO:

Joi Jackson currently lives in Atlanta, GA and has loved romance novels since the Sweet Valley High days. 

She writes diverse swoony romances with strong heroines that love technology. Creating love stories that make readers laugh, fall in love with the characters and maybe even learn something is her goal.

Connect with Joi:

Email:

Website:

Amazon:

Goodreads:


Facebook:

Instagram:

Twitter:

INSERT HER PHOTO

 

Connect w/ ***:

 

Did I do an Author Interview??

 

 

If you haven’t read the *** series follow the link to start the series now!

***link***

 


TO CATCH A CATFISH

Release Date:  October 18, 2022
PRE-ORDER your copy today!

BLURB:

After a failed engagement, London Lewis is back in her childhood home living with her father and his new evil cat. She's working at her cousin's company, a firm devoted to investigating online mates and weeding out the catfish, and has just been promoted to a position where she will deal directly with clients. Her first client, Donovan Willis, is convinced his grandmother's new love is a catfish out to scam her.

Donovan Willis knows his grandmother has a secret new love. Who is this man that has her checking her phone all the time and what does he want from her? Determined to get to the truth, he hires Expose and meets London. She intrigues him but she also exposes family secrets that are better left buried.

They are instantly attracted to each other but shouldn't cross that investigator/client line, should they?

No comments:

Post a Comment