Wednesday, August 31, 2022

THE STORY BEHIND THE STORY - TEN DAYS OF HEAVEN by Samantha Michaels


THE STORY BEHIND THE STORY
Ten Days of Heaven

 

Get a behind-the-scenes all-access pass to Samantha Michaels's Ten Days of Heaven!


***Synopis***

This one is a book within a book. My heroine gets dumped by her boyfriend the night before they are set to go to Hawaii for vacation. 

She uses the time to write a fantasy about the one who got away, her high school crush.

 

 

What is the sub-genre and trope?  Did your characters lead you to this genre or was that decided before the story began?

This story is a second chance romance, and I had already decided on that before I started writing it.

 

Are you more character or plot driven?

I think I’m more character driven.

 

With many main and secondary characters, how do you keep them separated in your mind?  Do you have a story/vision board above your workspace?

I try to keep my side characters to a minimum, or they are from past books, so I’m familiar enough with them that I can keep them straight.

 

I know from previous interviews that characters take on a life of their own.  Were any of the characters in this series determined to take their own direction instead of where you initially wanted them to go?

My characters actually behaved and did what I wanted them to do this time, which is rare!

 

Are any of the male POVs based on anyone you know?

Nobody that I know personally, but there are parts of him that were inspired by a singer I like.

 

Are any of the female POVs based on anyone you know?

There are definitely some pieces of me within her, something I try to do with all my books.

 

Was there any one character/scene that was harder to write about than the other?

I’ve had that in other books, but this was just a fun story, so there were no tough scenes.

 

I know that we aren’t supposed to have “favorites” as far as our children, but seriously, who’s your favorite character and why?

I love my heroine Riley in this series. She has some of what I consider key pieces of me, things that shaped who I would become as an adult.

 

How do you get inside these character’s heads to find their perfect HEA?

I never need to. I find that my characters are always in my head, yapping away, especially when I’m trying to sleep!

 

What scene in this book sticks out the most for you?  Why?

Definitely the scene that talks about Ace and Riley’s last day together. I saved the naughtiest stuff for that scene and wow! It came out even better than I thought.

 

How long did it take you to write this book/series? 

It took me a little over a month.

 

How did you come up with the title for your book and series?

The story within the story lasted ten days and since it was the heroine’s fantasy with a man she always desired, the title came pretty easily as I was writing.

 

If you met these characters in real life would you get along?

I definitely think so!

 

If your book were made into a movie, which actors do you see as playing your characters?

That’s a tough question. I’d definitely have to give that one careful thought!

 

Can you give us a hint as to what we can expect next?  Whether a new book and series or a sequel to an existing series?  Can you share a small tease?

This story will eventually be expanded into a full length novel, so stay tuned!

 

Check out all my interviews/reviews for Samantha Michaels!
https://readingbydeb.blogspot.com/2022/06/author-at-glance-samantha-michaels.html


BIO:

Samantha Michaels was born in 1973 in the small town of Abington, PA and was raised and still lives in Hatboro, PA (both suburbs of Philadelphia).  She is married to her high school sweetheart and they have a rescue dog, a beautiful Black Lab named Holly.

When she’s not writing or working at her full-time job, she enjoys watching her Philly sports team (hopefully) win, listening to heavy metal/hard rock music, Texas Hold Em, reading, and spending time with friends and family.

Her love of reading began at a young age, thanks to her mother and Sesame Street.  Her mom read to her constantly, and by three years old, she was reading on her own, and hasn’t stopped.  This eventually turned into a love of writing.  She was writing for herself and then for a small group of friends, one of whom told her she should be writing books.  She took her friends advice and has since published several romance books with plenty more on the way.


Connect with Samantha:

Email:
samantha@samanthamichaelsbooks.com

Website:
www.samanthamichaelsbooks.com

Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Samantha-Michaels/e/B094L5HG71

GoodReads:
https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/21488015.Samantha_Michaels

BookBub:
https://www.bookbub.com/profile/samantha-michaels-c402ec9b-5835-4154-a1c6-18775230888a

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/SamanthaMichaelsBooks

Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/270627468085925

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/samanthamichaelsauthor/

Twitter:
https://twitter.com/Samanth20599962

Newsletter Sign-Up:
https://forms.gle/UsjQKKfu1x2boUfy5



Love and Unity: A Romance Charity Anthology to Benefit Ukraine

Promoted by:  Carxander Publishing
Cover Design:  Carter Cover Designs

Release Date: September 13th

Get your copy today!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B1BKYLQW 

 

Love and Unity is a collection of steamy and sweet reads with sexy, Alpha males, and the other half of their hearts who brought them to their knees.

Included are exclusive, never-seen-before stories from popular indie authors. Inside you will find a plethora of second chance, contemporary, sports, paranormal, enemies-to-lovers, dark mafia, royal, fantasy, forbidden, age gap, and rockstar romances.

100% of the royalties will be donated to the Ukrainian Defense Fund to help those fighting for freedom in Ukraine.

Stories included in this Anthology

Love Always Wins by Anneke Boshoff
Love Me 'Til The End by Ayana Lisbet
Dragged Out Kicking and Screaming by D.L. Howe
There All Along by Darley Collins
Life After The Storm by Havana Wilder
Jimena by Kindra White
When You Forget Me by Lorelei Johnson
The Storyteller by Louise Murchie
The Detective's Forbidden Temptation by Melony Ann
Ten Days In Heaven by Samantha Michaels

 

Check out THE INSIDE SCOOP for the Love and Unity Anthology!
Meet the authors & get the story behind their stories!

https://readingbydeb.blogspot.com/2022/08/the-inside-scoop-love-and-unity-romance.html


No comments:

Post a Comment