Monday, August 22, 2022

THE STORY BEHIND THE STORY - Dark Mafia Sins Series by Emily Bowie


THE STORY BEHIND THE STORY
Dark Mafia Sins Series

 

Get a behind-the-scenes all-access pass to Emily Bowie's Dark Mafia Sins Series!


***Synopis***

Each book follows a Rossi (Italian mafia family)

He rules the Bratva, and now he wants to rule me.

When I find out I’m carrying the baby of Demetri Sokolov, I’m terrified. I’m left with no other choice but to run away. Instead of forgetting about me, he searches for where I disappeared. Hiding his unborn child is a sin not even a mafia princess will get away with when he finds out.

He has a reputation for violence, cruelty, and being unforgiving. So how can he forgive my betrayal? Is there any hope for love amid a world of violence and blood?


What is the sub-genre and trope? 

Mafia, dark romance  


Did your characters lead you to this genre or was that decided before the story began? 

Last year I set out wanting to write a mafia book and then the character drove the plot lines.

 

With many main and secondary characters, how do you keep them separated in your mind?  Do you have a story/vision board above your workspace?

When I am focused I typically only think about 1 character but as others begin to talk to me I write down their ideas.

 

I know from previous interviews that characters take on a life of their own.  Were any of the characters in this series determined to take their own direction instead of where you initially wanted them to go?

Yes, Katrina from Sinful Queen. 

I planned to kill her off in the 3rd book but then she began to yell at me and I knew I had to write her story.

 

Are any of the male POVs based on anyone you know? 

No, typically my characters are not based on anyone I know. But I do have a habit of stealing people's names of who I know. I don’t realize it until after the fact.


What is your favorite book in the series? 

Sinful Vow has a special place in my heart but I am most proud of Sinful Queen. 

 

I know that we aren’t supposed to have “favorites” as far as our children, but seriously, who’s your favorite character and why? 

Katrina is my favorite. 

She fights for what she wants but it never comes easy to her. She is misunderstood and I think people can relate to that.

 

Series question - Who is your favorite couple and why did you decide on their dynamics?

Katrina and Demeti. 

They have this love-hate pull that I love. There is never a dull moment in their love life.

 

How do you get inside these characters’ heads to find their perfect HEA? 

While I am writing, I become that character in my head.

 

Series - Were any of the books harder to write than others? 

Sinful Bodyguard was the hardest to write (4th book of the series)

 

How long did it take you to write this book/series? 

This series I first began to publish June 2021… so just over a year. 

Each book is different for how long it takes. It depends on the season and what is happening along with how easy their ideas come to me. I am a slow writer. 

I began Sinful Queen November 2021 and just wrote the first chapter or two… then I had to go into edits for another book. And didn’t start back up again until February.

 

How did you come up with the title for your book and series? 

I liked the word sinful and then I tried to add another word that fit that story.

 

If you met these characters in real life would you get along? 

I’m way more cautious than my characters. But it would be fun to see them in action.

 

Series question – Did you know in advance that you were going to write this as a series or did one of the characters in book one demand their own story? 

I can’t help but to write in series. Once I start writing the secondary characters come to life for me.

 

Can you give us a hint as to what we can expect next?  Whether a new book and series or a sequel to an existing series?  Can you share a small tease? 

The daughter in Sinful Queen will be my next book. I am just over half way done writing her. But that book won’t come out until winter.

 

 

Check out all my interviews/reviews for Emily Bowie!
https://readingbydeb.blogspot.com/2022/08/author-at-glance-emily-bowie.html



Bio:

Emily Bowie is from a small town in Western Canada. She has been making characters come to life through her writing since she was old enough to put her thoughts on paper. She loves her white wine cold, her heels red, and her books spicy.

She married her high school sweetheart and they have two amazing children.

When she is not writing she can be found reading a good book, making digital scrapbooks and being physically active—whether it is at the gym, going for a walk, or playing /keep up with her children.


Connect with Emily:



SINFUL VOW

Get your copy today!
Available in Kindle Unlimited!

BLURB:

Luca Rossi isn’t my fiancĂ©e.
He stole me in the middle of the night.
Now, I’m expected to marry the enemy.


Luca Rossi is the heir to my family’s greatest rival within the Italian mafia. He’s cocky, ruthless and has a keen sense of when I need him the most.

When I look into his eyes, I see his hatred for what I represent. While I see another arrogant mafia man trying to control me.

On the eve of my arranged marriage, he’s the last person I expect to see. Like the thief he is, he steals me in the night, setting off a war that had been brewing for years.

Curl up with this mafia romance today.



SINFUL DAUGHTER

Get your copy today!
Available in Kindle Unlimited!

BLURB:

Theo Fox has made a career out of destroying the mafia one step at a time. He will stop at nothing to avenge his father’s death from all those years ago. Setting his sights on the Don’s daughter sweetens the revenge he wants.

Aria Rossi is nothing like he imagined she would be like. She’s sweet, caring, and beautiful. She ignites a sizzling passion into his veins that refuses to be smothered. Somehow she has found a way to breathe life back into his frozen heart.

When she’s around he forgets the purpose of his mission. It has him taking unnecessary chances, and questions his loyalty to his career of catching criminals.

How far will Theo go in his relentless pursuit of revenge? He’s playing a dangerous game by kissing the enemy while building a case against them that will burn their empire to the ground.

Discover what happens in the enemies-to-lovers mafia romance. Each book in this series can be read as a standalone.



SINFUL KISSES

Get your copy today!
Available in Kindle Unlimited!

BLURB:

They ruined my family... so I kidnapped their daughter.

Romeo Mancini:
Her name is Gia Rossi.
She’s gorgeous, untouchable, and promised to be married to someone who’s not me. Her family destroyed mine, ruining decades of reputation.
I once was the spare to the heir. Now I’m the heir that will rule nothing. It was stripped from my family. I’m determined to erase the disgrace of my father and brother before me and will rise to the power that is mine by birthright.
To do that, I need leverage. I need a queen. When Gia Rossi enters my path my mind becomes made. She will be mine at all costs. Kidnapping her was the easy part. Will I be able to break her to rule beside me? The road to reclaiming my throne is paved with betrayal, and war.

Each book in this series can be read as a standalone.



SINFUL BODYGUARD

Get your copy today!
Available in Kindle Unlimited!

BLURB:

Long before Fin was my bodyguard, he was my best friend. It didn’t matter that he belonged to the Irish mafia and I the Italian.

One day changed everything. His family was murdered, and I helped set everything in motion.

I’ll carry the weight of that burden forever.

Six years later he’s back in my life as my bodyguard. He refuses to let me out of his sight, and I’m reminded of my betrayal every single day. Our connection is so much more than friends now. It’s hard not to appreciate his chiseled chest, strong arms, and his need to protect me.
When the tension wraps too tight around us it explodes. Igniting chemistry that neither one of us can say no to.

But Fin could never love me if he learned the truth. I should be more frightened of him than the monsters he’s protecting me from.

When secrets surface, we’re both forced to reckon with what the truth will do to our relationship.

Now I’m standing at the altar with a choice: stand with Fin and risk everything, or protect my family--and my heart.



SINFUL QUEEN

Get your copy today!
Available in Kindle Unlimited!

BLURB:

He rules the Bratva,
And now he wants to rule me.

When I find out I’m carrying the baby of Demetri Sokolov, I’m terrified. I’m left with no other choice but to run away. Instead of forgetting about me, he searches for where I disappeared. Hiding his unborn child is a sin not even a mafia princess will get away with when he finds out.

He has a reputation for violence, cruelty, and being unforgiving. So how can he forgive my betrayal? Is there any hope for love amid a world of violence and blood?

Sinful Queen is a STANDALONE within the Dark Mafia Sins Series. This is the final book of the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment