Monday, August 22, 2022

THE STORY BEHIND THE STORY - The Teager Family Series by Vikki Jay

 


THE STORY BEHIND THE STORY
The Teager Family Series


Get a behind-the-scenes all-access pass to Vikki Jay's The Teager Family Series!


***Synopis***

The Teager Family is about the three Teager brothers


Some love stories start after I dos, and mine was certainly one of them.

I was a damsel in distress and Zane Teager was my knight dressed in a three piece suit, riding a Bugatti. 

But he wasn’t saving me from some dragons or pirates but my own sick brain.

His offer was generous and beautiful, exactly like him. 

We get married until my life was back to normal. Simple.

But nothing was simple in my grand wedding and the designer wedding dress. 

Ours was possibly the only fake wedding where every custom was followed to the word...including consummating the marriage.

Zane was a husband plucked out of dreams, determined to support me in...sickness and health.

And it was easy to forget that our marriage had a ticking clock.

Vienna came into my life by accident. Literally and figuratively.

When I was bringing her to the hospital, I didn’t know she’d be someday sleeping on my bed, demanding sex on our wedding night and so many more.

She was the yin to my yang. Noise to my silence. Light to my darkness.

But she was temporary.

I could never tie her to me...permanently. 

The guilt of doing that to her would be bigger than any guilt I have. And I’ve many.

I c-cannot effing do th-that to her.”

 

What is the sub-genre and trope?  Did your characters lead you to this genre or was that decided before the story began?

This is a small town, marriage of convenience, billionaire romance featuring a sweet, shy hero and a sassy heroine.

Each Teager brother has a distinct characteristic and Zane is the most caring with a beautiful heart. He’s eager to help and because of this nature, I thought of writing his book where he’ll go to great depths to make the girl of his dreams happy.

 

Are you more character or plot driven?

I’m definitely more plot driven. I’m learning to be better with characters

 

With many main and secondary characters, how do you keep them separated in your mind?  Do you have a story/vision board above your workspace?

Spreadsheets 😊 

I make notes of characters including the secondary ones, as they often re-appear in following books.


I know from previous interviews that characters take on a life of their own.  Were any of the characters in this series determined to take their own direction instead of where you initially wanted them to go?

I had a very different story for Zane in my mind, but as I started writing I realized it didn’t fit his personality right. I’m really happy with how Saving Vienna turned out.


Are any of the male POVs based on anyone you know?

Unfortunately, not directly. 

Maybe they are influenced by people in my life or seen in moves, but I think that’s where the similarities end.


Are any of the female POVs based on anyone you know?

I’ve included some of my personal habits/quirks in Rose 😊 

I like wearing flannel shirts. I can’t maintain my balance with heels, and so on...


Was there any one character/scene that was harder to write about than the other?

Sophia was a tough character, because I wanted readers to like her eventually even after she had to make some tough choices in life.


What is your favorite book in the series?

I love all of them. But I think Beautiful Rose will always be special as it’s my debut book 😊


I know that we aren’t supposed to have “favorites” as far as our children, but seriously, who’s your favorite character and why?

It’s really tough! But as I think more and more about the Teagers, Alex (Rose and Zander’s adopted son) is someone who takes a lot of my head space. 

He had a turbulent start and you’ll get a small taste of how his adult life is going to be in Saving Vienna. I also like Beast a lot.


Series question - Who is your favorite couple and why did you decide on their dynamics?

I think as a couple I really like Zander & Rose. Their bond gets stronger with time.


How do you get inside these character’s heads to find their perfect HEA?

I let the story decide. 

Sometimes I have one ending planned but the characters lead me to completely different path.


What scene in this book/series sticks out the most for you?  Why?

In Saving Vienna, there is a scene when Vienna visits Zane’s house for the first time. 

It is a late-night scene, and whenever I think of it, I close my eyes and try to see what she is seeing. 

It’s beautiful. I won’t ruin the surprise for you, but it involves a beautiful cabin and two adorable fur babies.


Series - Were any of the books harder to write than others?

Not until now. I thought about the Teagers for years 😊, so I kind of had an idea the situations/challenges they’ll face.


This question is if you write in MULTIPLE POVs not just the hero and heroine - I love the multiple POVs in a book.  It’s not just the hero and heroine, but we get inside the heads of multiple characters throughout this series.  I feel that it gives the story further depth.  Do you think you will write another book or series following this multiple POV outline?

I like reading and writing dual POV. So all my books are in dual POV. 

I’m thinking of a writing a novella with each of the Teagers having a POV chapter, but I think it will happen later next year maybe. 😊


How long did it take you to write this book/series?

Too long 😊 I had the idea of Beautiful Rose in 2016.


How did you come up with the title for your book and series?

I struggle with titles. I need to learn to be better with titling.


If you met these characters in real life would you get along?

I’d love to be a part of this family.


Series question – Did you know in advance that you were going to write this as a series or did one of the characters in book one demand their own story?

I always thought that all three Teagers would get a book.


If your book/series were made into a movie, which actors do you see as playing your characters?

Oh, that’s tough. While writing Clementine Hawthorne, I imagined her to look like Audrey Hepburn. 😊


Can you give us a hint as to what we can expect next?  Whether a new book and series or a sequel to an existing series?  Can you share a small tease?

The next book will be Lukas Spencer’s story. This will be a new series revolving around the men working in Kings Security. Lukas is Zane’s best friend and you will see more of him in Saving Vienna.

This is an arranged marriage of convenience, age gap romance.

 

Check out all my interviews/reviews for Vikki Jay!




Bio:

In those early morning hours when I’m alone, my imaginations run wild and I pen down the life of people living in my head. I live in a small town in Germany. The friendships, the camaraderie that people share around me inspired me to create Cherrywood and St. Peppers, the two towns where all my stories take place.

I write about beautiful coincidences, finding love in unexpected places and times, and fighting hard to get that happily ever after.

I reject to read, see, write anything that does not promise a HEA.

My characters are sexy yet shy, strong yet reserved…

I am married to a man whom I fell in love at an age of 15, proposed him at an age of 23 and married at an age of 30. He has no clue what I write or do when he snoring quietly in the next room.


CONNECT WITH VIKKI:

Website:

Amazon:

Goodreads:

Bookbub:

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100070639322102

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/vikkijayauthor/




BEAUTIFUL ROSE by Vikki Jay
The Teager Family - Book One

Series Spotlight coming August 22nd!

Get your copy today!
Available in Kindle Unlimited!

BLURB:

We weren’t just opposites.
We were at extreme ends, living completely different lives.


While our CEO dressed in suits, mesmerizes everyone with his charm,
I’m the quirky, geeky data scientist with precise breakfast habits, baggy flannel shirts, and red canvas shoes.
Yet, he thinks we’re good together.

He offers me his friendship and shows a life I was too scared to see.
But we don’t stop there.
He shows me love… the sweet kind and the sexy one too.

My heart skitters at his attention, concern and care for me and my quirks.
But all my life I’ve trained myself not trust anyone.
How can I believe, that he'll stay when no one else ever did?

Beautiful Rose was initially published as a duet in two parts. The book is now combined to one, and can be read as a standalone.



LOVING ROSE by Vikki Jay
The Teager Family - Book Two

Series Spotlight coming August 22nd!

Get your copy today!
Available in Kindle Unlimited!

BLURB:

Zander
My fiancΓ©, CEO of our company, is offering me everything on a silver plate – family, love, security.

Things I’ve missed all my life.

My heart almost catapults out of my body whenever I realize how perfectly Zander has filled the empty hole in my heart.

He turned his life upside down for me.

He calls me by my name. A word he dreaded all his life.

He moved to Cherrywood for me, because this is the only place where I feel like home.

Now he’s patiently waiting for me to say three words: I am ready.
But I’m not.

Marrying Zander and starting the family he wants would mean placing my trust in fate, believing that I’m truly safe… that my children would be truly safe.

He’s promising me the future of my dreams, but how can I let go of the past?

Loving Rose is the second and final book in Rose and Zander’s duet



MARRYING HOPE by Vikki Jay
The Teager Family - Book Three

Series Spotlight coming August 22nd!

Get your copy today!
Available in Kindle Unlimited!

BLURB:

I fall in love with my husband and that’s one thing he didn’t promise me in our marriage vows.
A sinfully rich and wickedly hot businessman like 
Zach Teager has no business in my bland, rickety world.
Yet, he barges in like a storm, leaving everyone mesmerized by his charms.

Every evening I find him at my doorstep in the pretense of a silly promise he’s made to my son.
And let’s not talk about my boy, Ray who believes Zach is some sort of a Prince and maybe he is.
But not of my story.

Until events lead me to accept Zach’s insane proposal of a contract marriage.
He promises me everything. Care for my mom. A better future for my son. A loving group of family and friends.
Except one thing. Love.

And that’s okay.
I have full faith, I can never fall for someone as spontaneous and impulsive as him.
Yet, I do. Another stupid mistake to add in my long running list.
I fall for his stupid jokes, his crazy habits and most of all for him.

This book is written in dual POV and can be read as a standalone.



SAVING VIENNA by Vikki Jay
The Teager Family - Book Four

Series Spotlight coming August 22nd!

Release Date:  August 26th

PRE-ORDER your copy today!

BLURB:

Some love stories start after I dos, and mine is certainly one of them.
I’m a damsel in distress, and Zane Teager is my knight dressed in a three-piece suit and driving a Bugatti.

Only, he isn’t saving me from dragons or pirates, but my own sick brain.
His offer is generous and beautiful, exactly like him.

We agree to get married, staying that way until my life is back to normal. Simple.

But nothing is simple in my grand wedding and designer wedding dress.

Ours is possibly the only fake wedding where every custom is followed to the word—including consummating the marriage.

Zane is a husband plucked out of my dreams, determined to support me in sickness and in health.

And it’s easy to forget that our marriage has a ticking clock.

Zane
Vienna comes into my life by accident—literally and figuratively.

When I’m taking her to the hospital, I have no idea she’ll someday be sleeping in my bed and demanding sex on our wedding night.

She’s the yin to my yang. The noise to my silence. The light to my darkness.
But she’s temporary.

I could never tie her to me... permanently.

The guilt of doing that to her would be bigger than any guilt I have. And I have many.

“I c-cannot effing do th-that to her.”

No comments:

Post a Comment