Thursday, June 23, 2022

INTERVIEW with LISA BONHAM

 

I want to thank Lisa Bonham for taking the time for this interview!


BIO:

Fun and romance addict – love to create fast-paced and exciting entertainment for my readers with stunning alpha characters into memorable experiences and visual images. 

I love feel-good romance movies and books, Italian and Japanese food, lentil chips, and seafood.



When and how did you know you wanted to be a writer?

I have wanted to be a writer for over 5 years. I want to share my creativity and give people entertainment at a very low cost and impact their lives with excitement energy and fun.

 

Did you have any influencing writers growing up?

Enid Blyton, Roald Dahl

 

Are any of your characters based on people in real life?

Absolutely my characters have some qualities of people based in real life not so much an absolute copy of their characters.

 

Where do you draw your book inspirations from?

Through meditation, I draw deeply into my intuitions to craft the type of characters and creative environments that I feel my readers would enjoy. 

I am inspired by positive, sensual, and wonderful people and experiences I have had or watched. The nuances and intricate pleasures make people hooked in suspense, intrigue, and pure excitement. I like to create memories and scenes completely out of their normal world.

 

Do you use have a basic outline when starting a new story or do you let the characters lead the way?

I create a basic outline which sets out the book direction, characters .

 

When you are picturing the characters in your book, do you have a cheater photo for inspiration?

No, no photos required their looks are all in my head also and written down on paper.

 

Many people read as a form of escape and relaxation.  What is your favorite way to sit back and relax?

I love to watch cooking shows and crime dramas!

 

Who are your favorite current authors to read?

In fact, I read a really wide variety of books from non-fiction and fiction. 

Some of my favourite authors – Robin Sharma, Kandi Steiner, Jessa Kane

 

What are your favorite books by others?

Temp, The 5am Club , The 4 Hour Work Week

 

Do the locations in the stories have any meaning to you?

Absolutely locations are critical and best if I have been in those places before.  They must speak to me in order for me to write about the locations.

 

Do you write in single or multiple POV?

Multiple POV

 

What do you find to be your best research tool?

My own travel experiences ! 

I have been lucky enough to have worked and travelled in 4 continents and almost 40 countries.

 

Do you write under a pen name?  Also, do you write under more than one name?

Yes I do and I also write under my own name

 

What genre do you write and why is this your preference?

Romance and Non-fiction where I can share my own personal experiences

 

Tell me something about yourself outside of writing.  Jobs, accomplishments, family, quirky trait...what led to you being you?

I am a full-time private investor 

I am lucky enough to have come from a really large family with 4 older sisters and hence as the youngest of 5 girls, I think I constantly have been quite rebellious and like to be my own boss instead of being told what to do. 

I am a really hard worker- people say I am a total extrovert but I think I am also an introvert. 

I love to read and enjoy my own time also.

 

What advice would you give to an aspiring writer?

To go ahead and just do it, start writing and publish your work to share.

 

How do you deal and process negative book reviews?

I take it on board and appreciate that someone has a different opinion to me.


What is the most difficult part of your writing process?

Editing my own work for sure is the hardest .


What do you need in your writer’s space to keep you focused?

Absolute silence in my environment and zero distractions. Before 6am is the ideal time to write.


What is your naughty indulgence as you are writing?

Many cups of strong green tea!


If you could spend a day with another popular author, whom would you choose?  And why?

Alexis Winter and Amber Adams , Kandi Steiner. 

They are totally creative, beautiful writers captivating readers and super successful.


What is your schedule like when you are writing?  Do you have a favorite writing snack or drink?

Green tea usually but no snacks since I don’t usually eat in the morning.


Do you listen to music when you write – what kind of music is your favorite?

No music for sure!


Have pets ever gotten in the way of your writing?

No no pets either


What is your kryptonite as a writer?  What totally puts you off your game?

Happiness and positivity, a nice calm mind through meditation. What puts me off my game – is being tired or not having had enough sleep!


Have you ever killed off a character that your readers loved?

No no never


How do you celebrate after typing THE END?

I create the next outine !

 

I hope you enjoyed this interview!


Check out all my interviews/reviews for Lisa Bonham!
https://readingbydeb.blogspot.com/2022/06/author-at-glance-lisa-bonham.html#more


Make sure to give Lisa Bonham a shout out and FOLLOW her on social media!


Connect with Lisa:

Email:

Website:

Amazon:

GoodReads:

BookBub:

Facebook:

No comments:

Post a Comment