Monday, June 13, 2022

INTERVIEW with TRACI SEK


I want to first thank Traci Sek for taking the time for this interview!


BIO:

Traci was born and raised in New York but currently resides in Oklahoma. She is mom of two and a wife. 

She is an Avid Romance reader and current writer of the wattpad community. Just Love Me is her first published book on Amazon and paperback and is currently working on many more romantic stories. 

Her hobbies include dancing, playing catch with her kids and of course reading and writing!


When and how did you know you wanted to be a writer?

About six years ago I had a very vivid dream that wouldn’t go away so I decided to write it down and I never stopped. I said this is actually fun and the rest is history.

 

Did you have any influencing writers growing up? 

Unfortunately no I wasn’t an avid reader or writer.

 

Are any of your characters based on people in real life? 

All of my characters have some piece of me or someone I know.

 

Where do you draw your book inspirations from? 

Mainly real life events that have occurred in my past or even present.

 

Do you use have a basic outline when starting a new story or do you let the characters lead the way? 

I always let the characters lead the way!

 

When you are picturing the characters in your book, do you have a cheater photo for inspiration? 

Normally I don’t really see their characteristics until I’m almost finished and usually I can never find the right picture that matches what’s in my head.

 

Many people read as a form of escape and relaxation.  What is your favorite way to sit back and relax? 

Definitely reading some of my favorite tropes. Once I figured out what I really liked to read I couldn’t stop.

 

Who are your favorite current authors to read? 

Ashley Kay Anweiler, Mica Rae, Piper Lawson, Shauna McDonnell, and C.R. Riley. 

However there are some up and coming newbies that I can’t wait to see where this journey takes them!

 

What are your favorite books by others? 

I love What If it’s You by Shauna McDonnell and Denim Blues by Ashley Kay and also Only Once by Ashley Munoz! 

So so many great books this was hard to choose.

 

Do the locations in the stories have any meaning to you? 

No not really, those come as I’m developing the story.

 

Do you write in single or multiple POV? 

I love to write multiple POV because I love hearing both sides of the story from both characters.

 

What do you find to be your best research tool? 

Google! Lol it’s quick and easy.

 

Do you write under a pen name?  Also, do you write under more than one name? 

I only shortened my last name to make it easier for people to find me and only one pen name.


What genre do you write and why is this your preference? 

Second chance romance! Hands down. 

I love giving people second chances none of us are perfect and we all deserve a happy ever after.

 

Tell me something about yourself outside of writing.  Jobs, accomplishments, family, quirky trait...what led to you being you? 

I love to Dance! 

But I’m an independent contractor delivering all the goodies everyone orders. 

I am also a former victim of bullying and I won’t tolerate anyone mistreating anyone you may see some of that in my books! The bad guy always looses!


What advice would you give to an aspiring writer? 

Don’t quit and give up when the going gets tough! 

Bad reviews will scare you but don’t let them end you!

 

How do you deal and process negative book reviews? 

I talk it over with my closest friends. The longer I’m in this business the more tougher skin I develop to the point where I shrug it off and laugh. 

Not everyone will love or like what you do and that is my mantra!

 

What is the most difficult part of your writing process? 

Finding time to edit! 

I also have very little patience being a mom of two littles it can be daunting to reread your book a hundred times!

 

What do you need in your writer’s space to keep you focused? 

Music! I’m a mood reader and writer so my music always sets the tone and helps me feel the scene I’m writing.

 

What is your naughty indulgence as you are writing? 

Eating Dots pretzels lol only the best pretzels on the planet!

 

If you could spend a day with another popular author, whom would you choose?  And why? 

Oh gosh! Probably J.K. Rowling since those were the books I read almost religiously.

 

What is your schedule like when you are writing?  Do you have a favorite writing snack or drink? 

I write whenever I’m in the right frame of mind. I also write as therapy to get negativity out of my system. 

When I get into a scene I don’t stop to eat or drink I zone everything out and go till my fingers want to fall off.

 

Do you listen to music when you write – what kind of music is your favorite? 

All music depends on my mood.

 

Have pets ever gotten in the way of your writing? 

No sadly I don’t own any pets.

 

What is your kryptonite as a writer?  What totally puts you off your game? 

Getting interrupted so many times I’m no longer in the mood and I give up.

 

Have you ever killed off a character that your readers loved? 

Almost! But I was convinced to the point where I have rewritten the entire story!

 

How do you celebrate after typing THE END? 

Dance around and post it to one of my socials.

 

 I hope you enjoyed this interview!

Check out all my interviews/reviews for Traci Sek!
https://readingbydeb.blogspot.com/2022/06/author-at-glance-traci-sek.html


Make sure to give a shout out to Traci and FOLLOW her on social media!

CONNECT WITH TRACI:

Email:

Website:
Under Construction

Amazon:

GoodReads:

BookBub:

Facebook:

Facebook Group:
The Book Romantics

Instagram:

No comments:

Post a Comment