Thursday, June 30, 2022

THE STORY BEHIND THE STORY - DE LUCA MAFIA Series by Anneke Boshoff


THE STORY BEHIND THE STORY
De Luca Mafia Series


Get a behind-the-scenes all-access pass to Annekke Boshoff's De Luca Mafia Series!

SYNOPSIS:

The De Luca Family are the most powerful Mafia family in the world. See how they all come together and over come all the obstacles that are thrown to them, while each of them find love. The family grows with respect, love and loyalty.

 

What is the sub-genre and trope?  Did your characters lead you to this genre or was that decided before the story began?

Romantic Suspense

 

Are you more character or plot driven?

The whole series is more Character driven. How they each grow and how the family comes together.

 

With many main and secondary characters, how do you keep them separated in your mind?  Do you have a story/vision board above your workspace?

With the De Luca’s it’s hard. There’s so many characters and I have them all in their own little part of my mind. 

I have a whole spreadsheet with who is who and with who they are and how many kids they will have. It helps me stay true to them.

 

I know from previous interviews that characters take on a life of their own.  Were any of the characters in this series determined to take their own direction instead of where you initially wanted them to go?

Yes. This is a big fat yes. I have three characters that just decided, ‘we don’t like what you want to do with us’. They took their role into their own hands and became such a big part of the story that I am happy they did.

Sandro Rosso and Cole Luther was supposed to be the bad guys in the story. I remember when I was searching for a model to represent Sandro, I asked a friend of mine I am looking for someone that screams I am evil. It worked, Sandro did not want to be evil, now he is this sweet caring big teddy bear.

The other one is Leo McMillan, In book 3 he was supposed to die. And for the readers that have read the book they will know exactly where he was supposed to die. And he didn’t. Truthfully I have tried to kill him a few times and he is still with us. 

 

Are any of the male POVs based on anyone you know?

Yes,  a few.

 

Are any of the female POVs based on anyone you know?

Yes, There is even one that is just like me.

 

Was there any one character/scene that was harder to write about than the other?

In Assassin’s Girl there’s a death scene. That was torture to write. I couldn’t write that in one sitting. I knew it was coming and I know my reasons for it, but it was still so hard. The emotions in that chapter really got to me.

 

What is your favorite book in the series?

Published I would have to say Assassin’s Girl, it’s Cole Luther’s story. I had fun writing it. Cole is just so easy to write.

Not Published but planned. Leo McMillan’s book. What I have planned for that book might cause a riot with my loyal readers.

 

I know that we aren’t supposed to have “favorites” as far as our children, but seriously, who’s your favorite character and why?

It’s so hard for me to choose. I get this question a few times on my Q& A’s and I can never choose.

I will give my 4 favorites. I can’t choose between these 4.

Kyle De Luca - He is the perfect combination of protective and powerful. He loves with his whole heart and family is everything to him. He protects what’s his.

Cole Luther -  Cole is just easy. He is fun, but he can be just as deadly. Just like Kyle, he protects what’s his. His family is his life.

Leo McMillan - Leo is a fighter and protector. I put him through so much and he just bounces back. He might just be the sweetest in the family.

Wes De Luca -  That kid has my heart. He is protective and a born leader. What’s no to love about him. 

 

Series question - Who is your favorite couple and why did you decide on their dynamics?

Kyle and Reagan De Luca. They are serious couple goals. There is nothing that can come between the two of them. 

I know I wrote them that way, but their love and affection shine through. They are the true king and queen of this series.

 

How do you get inside these character’s heads to find their perfect HEA?

I try to channel their personalities. What they would like. I visualize them and how I would see them in their HEA. How they are as a couple says so much of what they want.

 

What scene in this book/series sticks out the most for you?  Why?

In the series there are 3 parts that stands out. That when I think of the books this is the one that stands out to me.

Mafia King’s Angel Abducted - It’s the scene where Kyle finds out Reagan’s pregnant. His emotions as he stared at that stick was heart breaking.

Fighting For Justice - The end. I am not going to spoil it for those who have not read it yet. But the shooting at the end. I saw that happening as I wrote it. It was like they were standing in front of me and I was the witness.

Assassin’s Girl - The first time Cole sees Kylie again. The excitement that little girl had to seeing him. That made it so worth it.


Series - Were any of the books harder to write than others?

Yes. It’s not one of the books that has been published. But book 5 and 9 was hard. I went dark in both those books. 

It’s always hard to hurt my characters like that. 

 

This question is if you write in MULTIPLE POVs not just the hero and heroine - I love the multiple POVs in a book.  It’s not just the hero and heroine, but we get inside the heads of multiple characters throughout this series.  I feel that it gives the story further depth.  Do you think you will write another book or series following this multiple POV outline? 

Yes, I love multiple POV. All my books are multiple. For me it feels like that is something the readers need to see. 

I won’t just add another POV if it wasn’t important to the storyline.

 

How long did it take you to write this book/series?

A book takes me about 3 months to write.

 

How did you come up with the title for your book and (if applicable) series?

The series title was easy. It came from the De Luca Family.

For the books, I try to think of something that would fit the plot and couple. I did use a few song titles or part of the title.

 

If you met these characters in real life would you get along?

Most definitely. 

 

Series question – Did you know in advance that you were going to write this as a series or did one of the characters in book one demand their own story?

No, this was planned as a stand alone. Then my wonderful boys thought ‘hell no, if Kyle gets love, we want it too’. A stand alone turned into four books that turned into ten and now it’s a 22 book series.

13 books for the adults

6 book for the kids

3 book as a spin-off

 

If your book/series were made into a movie, which actors do you see as playing your characters?

This is hard. I know they aren’t really actors but this is who I think would play in the movie. If I had a choice.

- Kevin Lutolf, Mario Hervas, Kamil Nzinki, Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans, Greyston Hotl, Laura Vandervoort, Hande Ercel.

 

Can you give us a hint as to what we can expect next?  Whether a new book and series or a sequel to an existing series?  Can you share a small tease?

There’s still so much to come in this series. The next book to come out is ‘Protecting the Teacher’ This will be Daniel Knight’s story. The release date has not yet been confirmed. If all goes well it should be around December 2022.

Blurb:

I thought my life was over the day I lost my parents and sister. The day I was shot and left for dead. Little did I know five years later, I would be part of a group that saves my sister. Now here I am, part of a family that would do anything for each other. 

My brother in law sends me to take my niece to school. When I meet her teacher for the first time, I get this feeling that everything is not right. Slowly this shy, broken woman warms my heart. I want to protect her, and yet, I have to protect my family as well when my sister gets involved. Little do they know they just entered the lion's den.

Family secrets are revealed and things are uncovered in far more ways than we bargained for. For the first time in my life, I question if I can keep not only my family safe, but also the girl I fell in love with.  

 

Check out all my interviews/reviews for Anneke Boshoff!
https://readingbydeb.blogspot.com/2022/06/author-in-glance-anneke-boshoff.html#more



BIO:

A mom of 3 Rascals. I am the typical Rugby and Netball mom that makes sure her kids hears her next to field.

It’s that same passion that I put into my books. I want to share my imagination with all the readers. Seeing my characters come to life is a dream come true. The excitement that the readers show me when they read my books fuel me to do more.

 

Connect with Anneke:


Get your copy today!
Available in Kindle Unlimited!

BLURB:

I am the most ruthless, yet compassionate Mafia King in the world. My name strikes fear in most men. No one will go against me. They wouldn’t dare.

When the love of my life is abducted, all of my morals are put to the test. I will do everything in my power to find her and bring her back home before it’s too late. No one touches what’s mine.

While attempting to find her, we uncover that a faction has been working in my territory abducting women and children.

Every fiber of my possessive and protective being reaches levels not even I knew I could reach. I will not rest until all that is left of their world is the embers of what they once held dear.

The only question is in my mission to save my girl, will I survive the war?




Get your copy today!
Available in Kindle Unlimited!

BLURB:

When Addison contacts me about a case I’m working on, I fall instantly for the ER doctor. But spending time with her puts a target on both of our backs.

I have a dark secret that I have kept even from my family. Not even Kyle, my best friend I grew up with, knows about my past.

The case causes me to spiral down a dark hole and bring back the memories I have tried to forget for so long. Being a Special Victims Detective at NYPD, I have been handed a lot of dangerous cases I’m usually able to handle myself.

But this requires my family’s help. If I have any hope of surviving and protecting my girl, it means I need to tell them what happened in my past. And I don’t know if I’m ready to face it.





Get your copy today!
Available in Kindle Unlimited!

BLURB:

Two years is a long time to be away from the people I care most about, but I am just not ready to see them. Not after what happened. How will I look my brother in the eye after what I did? Would he even forgive me?

I have no time to answer these questions because before I know it I’m on a plane heading back to New York. My family’s life is in danger, and they need me.

I don’t expect Malia Gilbert to be the one girl in the world who knocks me on my ass. I’m instantly attracted to her and would do anything to keep her safe.

The stakes get insanely higher when I find out that not only my family’s lives are in jeopardy, but also that of the woman I love. To keep them safe, I must reach depths that even I fear. But is anywhere too dark for a renowned assassin?





NEXT IN SERIES!


Protecting the Teacher - De Luca Mafia Series Book 4


My Past Heals Me - De Luca Mafia Series Book 5
September 16, 2023

Mafia Nanny and Me - De Luca Mafia Series Book 6 
Saving Dr Mafia - De Luca Mafia Series Book 7
My MC Runaway - De Luca Mafia Series Book 8
You are my storm - De Luca Mafia Series Book 9
Broken Mafia Man - De Luca Mafia Series Book 10


No comments:

Post a Comment