Monday, August 15, 2022

THE STORY BEHIND THE STORY - The Deimos Trilogy by Melony Ann

 


THE STORY BEHIND THE STORY
The Deimos Trilogy


Get a behind-the-scenes all-access pass to Melony Ann's The Deimos Trilogy!


***Synopis***

This is a paranormal wolf shifter trilogy. 

It is not a typical paranormal wolf shifter trilogy. At least not that I’ve read. This trilogy doesn’t have wolf on wolf sexy time scenes. 

The first two books in the trilogy are human wolf mates who mate as a human and wolf. 

The last book is human with human mating. 

The entire trilogy is based around the Deimos family. The first two books are how the pack was formed. The last book shows where they ended up and concludes the entire trilogy nicely.

 

What is the sub-genre and trope? Did your characters lead you to this genre or was that decided before the story began?

I knew I wanted to write a paranormal book. I just didn’t really know how I wanted it to go. I wanted to do enemies to lovers, I thought. Maybe an age-gap. I wasn’t really sure. 

Then I had this bizarre dream that I really can’t even describe. The next thing I know, I’m writing the first book in a trilogy for a book I was still very unsure on.

 

Are you more character or plot driven?

This series began as plot driven. I knew what I wanted to do. In fact, the first two books were pretty on par with my idea. I didn’t stray all that much. They followed the dreams I’d had. 

The third book? Well, that took on a mind of its own. Kade and Kaia took over and nothing ended up how I wanted to write it.

 

With many main and secondary characters, how do you keep them separated in your mind?  Do you have a story/vision board above your workspace?

I had to have a doc for this. 

I had to have names and who they were written down because there were so many characters that really started to stand out and have their own voice. 

I couldn’t keep up. Especially when the book started to take on a life of it’s own.

 

I know from previous interviews that characters take on a life of their own.  Were any of the characters in this series determined to take their own direction instead of where you initially wanted them to go?

I actually wrote the second book in the trilogy first because that is the book I had the dream about. 

It was odd. I felt self-conscious. I honestly thought something was wrong with me. Who has a dream about mating a wolf? Like an actual wolf? But I honestly thought the dream was so good that I at least had to write it down. 

My girlfriend really thought it could make a good book. When I finished it, it only took a week, we decided on a second book. It took just a couple of weeks to write that one. 

And then, we decided those two books would be amazing prequels to the paranormal book I wanted to write. The Deimos Trilogy was born. Kade and Kaia made their own book. And a few other characters demanded their own story.

 

Are any of the male POVs based on anyone you know?

Honestly, this trilogy really wasn’t based on those I know. I mean, I guess sort of. It’s difficult to write a character with no qualities from people in real life. So, I suppose “sort of” would be my answer.

       

Are any of the female POVs based on anyone you know?

Again, this is a sort of… The females have certain aspects of me and my girlfriend. 

Like the fear of spiders in Aryan’s Alpha, Book 2. The sense of loneliness in Connor’s Legacy, Book 1.

 

Was there any one character/scene that was harder to write about than the other?

These books are really emotional. It’s difficult to write about rejection and being unwanted for me just because of my past. 

But I think the one scene that was hardest to write was the spiders in Aryan’s Alpha. I hate them. Hate them. I felt like I had spiders crawling on me for days. 

It was also hard to write domestic violence scenes. It’s never easy to write things that I know are going to be hard for some readers to read. Even if they are necessary scenes to write.

 

What is your favorite book in the series?

My favorite is Kade’s Redemption. 

I really had a lot of fun writing this book because it was so different from others that I had written previously. The whole trilogy was different, but Kade’s Redemption really holds a special place because it helped me get out of my comfort zone.

 

I know that we aren’t supposed to have “favorites” as far as our children, but seriously, who’s your favorite character and why?

My favorite characters in this trilogy are Connor and Kade. I can’t choose between the two. 

Connor is such an amazing man. Protective and smart. Open and kind. 

Kade takes after Connor in so many different ways, but he’s also so complex. He’s got a heart of gold and was so fun to get to know.

 

Series question - Who is your favorite couple and why did you decide on their dynamics?

I love all of my couples, but I think my favorite is Kade and Kaia because of how much they had to grow in order to get to where they got. 

I actually didn’t decide at all on their dynamics. That was all them. They decided that they wanted to have this major attraction but be so back and forth with each other while that heat between them grew. 

It was hard to write because I felt how much they wanted and needed each other, but that was just not at all what they wanted. 

So, my book went from instant attraction, age-gap, to something not quite enemies-to-lovers, but definitely not friends-to-lovers either. 

I think it worked out well, but I’ve noticed a lot of my readers don’t like their dynamic, which makes me sad because I love it so much!

 

How do you get inside these character’s heads to find their perfect HEA?

I feel my characters. I really allow myself to feel them and let them speak to me and tell their stories. 

I think if I were to just ignore them and write what I wanted, their dynamic wouldn’t be so powerful. Their HEA would feel forced. 

I hate reading books like that, so I refuse to put one out like that.

 

What scene in this book/series sticks out the most for you?  Why?

I think one of the scenes that sticks with me is the way each character meets. There’s so much drama around their meetings, but that drama adds so much to the scene and makes their meetings so powerful.

 

Series - Were any of the books harder to write than others?

Connor’s Legacy and Aryan’s Alpha took me just less than 3 weeks to write. And that was combined. They just flowed out of me. 

Kade’s Redemption was very hard because I have never written an actual paranormal book before. 

The first two were easy because they only paranormal aspect was the fact that Connor and Aryan could talk to wolves. 

Kade’s Redemption was a full paranormal wolf shifter book. It still has differences from typical paranormal books, but it was very, very out of my comfort zone.

 

This question is if you write in MULTIPLE POVs not just the hero and heroine - I love the multiple POVs in a book.  It’s not just the hero and heroine, but we get inside the heads of multiple characters throughout this series.  I feel that it gives the story further depth.  Do you think you will write another book or series following this multiple POV outline? 

This series is written with just the main characters POVs

 

How long did it take you to write this book/series?

Well, Connor’s Legacy was written it just under 2 weeks. 

Aryan’s Alpha was just about a week. 

And Kade’s Legacy, the conclusion and longest book in the trilogy, took me over a month because I wanted to make sure it was all right and worthy of a paranormal romance.

 

How did you come up with the title for your book and series?

Kade’s Redemption was decided many months before I even wrote it when I decided I wanted to do a paranormal book. 

When we decided that we wanted the other books to connect with Kade’s Redemption, we decided on the titles and thought they should also have a first name. 

The only thing we struggled with was if they should all be based on male or female leads. Or if it mattered.  

 

If you met these characters in real life would you get along?

I do. I mean, I wrote them, so I’d like to think we’d get along. Though, I would probably slap Kade a few times for his stupidity… Ha ha!

 

Series question – Did you know in advance that you were going to write this as a series or did one of the characters in book one demand their own story?

Nope. Kade’s Redemption was always supposed to be a standalone. 

The other two books were written and it was decided after that they would be connected to Kade’s Redemption.

 

If your book/series were made into a movie, which actors do you see as playing your characters?

        Connor Deimos – Volodymyr Pielikh

        Aryan Deimos – Megan Fox

        Kaia Raven – Jessica Alba

        Kade Deimos – Kevin Lutloff

 

Can you give us a hint as to what we can expect next?  Whether a new book and series or a sequel to an existing series?  Can you share a small tease?

I am leaving this up to my readers… but… I plan on a spinoff series. 

A lot of things happened in the 14 years from the beginning of Kade’s Redemption to the end. 

Personally, I would love to know what happened to those who were captured during the battle that took Kade’s family from him. So, I am allowing my readers to decide what happens. We’ll see what they say, but it’s a very exciting prospect that I’d love to write!


Check out all my interviews/reviews for Melony Ann!
https://readingbydeb.blogspot.com/2022/06/author-at-glance-melony-ann.html#more


Bio:

Melony Ann began writing short stories and poetry as a child. She continued honing her craft over the years until she took the plunge and began publishing her work, despite having severe anxiety.

Melony writes contemporary romance stories that are full of suspense and a lot of steam.

When she isn’t writing, she is loving her family and working to make her life something she deserves.

Melony believes that if her writing can inspire just one person, then all of her hard work is worth it.

Her hope is that her writing allows each and every one of her readers to escape for a little while. To dive into a different world one book at a time.


CONNECT WITH MELONY:

Email:
melonyannauthor@gmail.com

 


CONNOR'S LEGACY

Get your copy today!
Available in Kindle Unlimited!

BLURB:

 Harvard Law School has been my dream ever since I can remember having dreams. My drive has always been one of the things my family has been proud of. Following in my father’s footsteps was the other.

It didn’t take long for me to become just as successful as him. Perhaps even more. I opened my own practice and have a reputation for being ruthless with the law. Just as ruthless as my younger brother is in business. As he rose up in the world to become a billionaire, I rose up in the world of law. No one dared mess with the Deimos brothers.

But I have a secret. A secret that could destroy the life I’ve built, and make me the butt of every joke.

I have a very odd bond with wolves. I can understand them. I can command them to do what I want. I’ve had the power since I was a kid. But the strangest thing? My attraction to one. One that I can hear, but have never met. One that I feel such a strong sense of love for, that being without her makes me want to refuse to get out of bed.

When I feel like her life is in peril, I can’t take it anymore. I need to find her and won’t rest until I do. Consequences to my life be damned.

Trigger Warnings:
Taboo
Human/Wolf Pairing

ARYAN'S ALPHA

Get your copy today!
Available in Kindle Unlimited!
https://amzn.to/3XxugVn

BLURB:

Growing up, I was the girl who everyone looked down on. I didn’t come from money. My clothes, while clean, were hand-me-downs. They looked old and run down. I vowed I’d lift myself up and make a life for myself.


David Deimos saw the diamond in the rough when his eyes fell on me. I didn’t know who he was at first. All I saw was the handsome man who was wooing me and treating me like the Queen no one ever saw me as.

But shiny appearances are not always what they seem. My whirlwind romance quickly flies off the tracks. What was once my happily ever after now has me fearing for my life.

Positive I’ll never survive if I stay, I face my greatest fears and run directly into the waiting grip of my destiny.

Fenn.

While our unconventional love flourishes around my insecurities, danger is lurking in the shadows. When evil’s fingertips manage to grab ahold of me once more, will Fenn and our love be able to save me this time?

Trigger Warnings:
Taboo
Human/Wolf Pairing
Domestic Abuse



KADE'S REDEMPTION

Get your copy today!
Available in Kindle Unlimited!

BLURB:

The battle my father led was supposed to be a rescue mission. It was anything but. It was an ambush I didn’t know about until it was over. A war that no one walked away from. Except my little sister. I was forced to take on the role of the Alpha of our pack. I was eighteen.

After the dust settled, our pack was nearly destroyed. Decimated. I was broken. In far more ways than losing my parents. A wolf’s connection to the rest of his pack is strong. But that of an Alpha? The pack is our responsibility. Losing anyone takes a toll on us that’s indescribable. It’s like losing a limb. My job is to avenge my pack; my parents. I lost my entire family.

I don’t have time for stupid things like mates.

My wolf doesn’t agree. As soon as he caught Kaia’s scent when my dead mother, who is one of my spirit guides, called me to the edge of our territory when she was in danger, that was it. For both of us, much to my dismay. But she’s human. There’s no way in all of the Hells I’ll ever accept her as my mate. Ever. Shifters and humans don’t mate. It’s a rule I put in place years ago. A rule to protect humans from suffering the same fate my human father and human sister-in-law did.

On the day I plan to reject her as my mate to the Moon Goddess, hidden secrets are revealed that throw us both into chaos and threaten to consume our entire world. Now, I face the biggest decision of my life. Do I give in to the call of my wolf’s heart, or lead us both down a path of destruction neither of us will ever come back from?

Trigger Warnings:
Paranormal Wolf/Shifter Romance
Kidnapping
Dark Themes
Age Gap



THE DEIMOS PACK

Get your copy today!
Available in Kindle Unlimited!

BLURB:

While the Deimos Pack has grown into one of the closest-knit and strongest packs the shifter world has ever known, they hold a lot of secrets. Secrets that could break the very foundation they were built on.

When Kade Deimos takes over as Alpha of the pack, secrets and truths that have been hidden for years come to light. Repercussions from decisions made by his family years ago suddenly rear their ugly heads.

To avoid the decimation of his pack, Kade will have to make the hardest decision of his life and face consequences he was never prepared for. First, he’ll have to uncover the legacy of his pack. A legacy that was kept hidden from him his entire life.

A Paranormal Wolf Shifter Romance

Trigger Warnings:
Taboo (Connor's Legacy and Aryan's Alpha)
Human/Wolf Pairing (Connor's Legacy and Aryan's Alpha)
Domestic Abuse (Aryan's Alpha)
Dark Romance (Kade's Redemption)


No comments:

Post a Comment