Monday, August 15, 2022

THE STORY BEHIND THE STORY - Goldencrest Pack: A Collection of Holiday Stories by Kindra White

 

THE STORY BEHIND THE STORY
Goldencrest Pack


Get a behind-the-scenes all-access pass to Kindra White's Goldencrest Pack: A Collection of Holiday Stories!


***Synopis***

Seven stories in this collection, from sweet short stories to hot and steamy novellas.

Join the Goldencrest Pack in the celebration of the holidays. From Valentine's day to Christmas, and every holiday in between. A short story series that will captivate you with sweet romances, loveable characters, and HEA.

 

How are the books in the series related? 

The stories are about pack members of the Goldencrest pack that find their fated mate around a holiday.

 

What is the sub-genre and trope? 

I have people tell me that these stories are Insta love, but I just tell people my stories are PNR with HEA. I use almost all the well-known tropes in these stories.

Cupid and The Wolf: Enemies to Lovers

The She-Wolf and her Leprechaun: Friends to Lovers

The Easter Bunny and the Wolf: Secret Royalty

The Dragon and his Wolf: CEO/Billionaire

The Banshee and her Lovers: Reverse Harem

The Huntress and the Wolf: Forbidden Love

The Alpha and his Christmas Fairy: Mistaken Identity/Fake Relationship

 

Did your characters lead you to this genre or was that decided before the story began? 

It was already decided, as I’m a PNR/Fantasy writer.

 

Are you more character or plot driven? 

I’m a character driven writer or should I say my characters drive me to write. 

I come up with my characters first and then I come up with my plot around these characters.

 

With many main and secondary characters, how do you keep them separated in your mind? 

Well, I usually have each of them separated in my mind. 

Who is from which story and who is the main and who is secondary, before I write everything down. 


Do you have a story/vision board above your workspace? 

No storyboard, I have post-its in neon colours and notebooks for each story. I write everything that I think about my story in the notebook and use post-its to separate characters.

 

I know from previous interviews that characters take on a life of their own.  Were any of the characters in this series determined to take their own direction instead of where you initially wanted them to go? 

My characters are always taking on a life of their own. But I luckily reel them in on time and can write the story I set out to write about them.

 

Are any of the male POVs based on anyone you know? 

No, I don’t really base my characters on anyone I know. What I do is, I use character traits of people I know, mix and add them together for my male POVs.


Are any of the female POVs based on anyone you know? 

It’s the same as the male POVs, but with one twist. I sometimes add some of my own character traits to some of my heroines.

 

Was there any one character/scene that was harder to write about than the other? 

Not with this series. All 7 have been fun to write. 

The Banshee and her Lovers is my longest story in the bunch, clocking 31K words and was the fastest to write. I had such fun writing about Clíona and her men. I wrote it in 2 weeks.

 

What is your favorite book in the series? 

They are all my favourites, but if I have to choose, I would say… No, I can’t. It’s cliché, I know, but I can’t choose one.

 

I know that we aren’t supposed to have “favorites” as far as our children, but seriously, who’s your favorite character and why? 

My favourite has to be Greyson. He is the Alpha of the Goldencrest pack and it was because of his story I started this series. 

But all the characters in the series are my favourite.

 

Series question - Who is your favorite couple and why did you decide on their dynamics? 

My favourite couple have to be Carys (Cupid) and Rhys. I wanted a badass Cupid that hated everything that had to do with St. Valentine's day, but secretly loved love. And wanted Rhys to be so jaded that he hates Cupid. 

But I had to make them fall in love and be fated mate. I always loved enemies to lovers trope.

 

How do you get inside these character’s heads to find their perfect HEA? 

I plan the story in a way that eventually the characters find that resisting is futile, and it has been already decided. Some fight against it, but eventually see it my way.

 

What scene in this book/series sticks out the most for you? Why?

The scene where Ladon (Golden dragon) shows his beast to James (wolf) and James falls to his knees.   

Because of what happens after that. Not going to say what happens, I don't want to spoil the reading experience of that scene.

 

Series - Were any of the books harder to write than others? 

No, not really, all 7 of them were so fun to write and I couldn’t wait to write the next one. 

My stories are standalone, but have some connection to the next book. I wasn’t planning on that happening, but somehow it happened.

 

How long did it take you to write this book/series? 

One year to write all 7 stories. 

I wrote them to publish on the holiday itself. Cupid and the Wolf on Valentine’s day, The She-Wolf and her Leprechaun on St. Patrick’s Day, The Easter Bunny and the Wolf Easter weekend, The Dragon and his Wolf on 4th of July, The Banshee and her Lovers on Halloween, The Huntress and the Wolf on Thanksgiving and The Alpha and his Christmas Fairy in Christmas week (This one I was very late with and published it January this year.)

 

How did you come up with the title for your book and (if applicable) series? 

As you know, wolves shifters and the moon are inseparable. And where I live, sometimes the crescent moon looks like it’s made from gold and I thought a name made with gold and crescent would make a great name for the wolf pack. 

And that is how the series name originated in Goldencrest Pack: A Collection of Holiday Stories for the collection.

 

If you met these characters in real life would you get along? 

Oh yes, I would. I love my characters. 

I would treat lightly around Carys, but I think once she gets to know me she would love me as much as I love her. 

I would laugh my ass off with Christy (the Christmas fairy) she is so sweet and funny. 

And be one of the boys with Greyson, Ladon, James, and Collin.

 

Series question – Did you know in advance that you were going to write this as a series or did one of the characters in book one demand their own story? 

No, not at all. I never planned for a series when I wanted to write a story of an Alpha falling in love with a Christmas fairy, but they wouldn’t know they belonged to the shifter world at first. 

But I was late to start the story for Christmas of 2020. So I thought, okay, I’ll save this for next Christmas. 

But one night, I had a vivid dream about Carys and Rhys that I knew I had to write their story, and it would be part of the Christmas story, but as a standalone. 

And that is how I started the Goldencrest Pack holiday stories series.

 

If your book/series were made into a movie, which actors do you see as playing your characters? 

I would want Joe Manganiello to play Greyson and Anne Hathaway to play Christy. And Gal Gadot as Carys(Cupid) and Michael Fassbender to play Rhys. 

Those are off the top of my head. I’ll need to think about the rest. Might do that after this interview.

 

Can you give us a hint as to what we can expect next? Whether a new book and series or a sequel to an existing series?  Can you share a small tease?

Well, I have some more books coming out this year (if I can finish them on time). 

One of those is a retelling of a fairytale, and no, it’s not Cinderella.   

I’m also working on the finishing touches to a Mafia/PNR dark romance story that will be included in a Romance charity anthology to benefit Ukraine. The Anthology will be released on September 13th, The Love and Unity anthology. This Mafia story will be a four book series.   

Yes, I can share a tease, maybe better yet, I can share the blurb.

Jimena: Women of La Fuentes Cartel

He always made the fire of desire burn hot inside me. But the fire to never return to that world of ours burned hotter…

Jimena

Escaping the man that I swore never to love again and the life that was mapped out for me in the La Fuentes Cartel was the easy part. Staying one step ahead of them and being invisible was something else entirely.

I’m Jimena La Fuentes, heiress to the La Fuentes Cartel. I became too comfortable and cocky in my new life. I let down my guard.

Big mistake because now I’m back where I started. Dragged kicking and screaming back to the life I never wanted by the man who betrayed me years ago.

Ángel Sánchez.

How can I guard myself against him? He who leaves my pulse racing by just one heated look, and sets my body aflame with just a mere caress of his deft fingers? There’s no way I can escape my family and him a second time with my heart in one piece, but I refuse to give in and become the one thing I’ve hated for so long…

La Reina de La Fuentes Cartel

Ángel

Betraying Jimena was the hardest thing I have ever done. Losing her in the process nearly killed me. What choice did I have when my father was one of the Tenientes of the most powerful Cartel in the City of the Eternal Spring, La Fuentes Cartel, and I was about to enter La Familia business?

Years later, I’m a made man and command respect amongst La Familia. Rising swiftly through the ranks in the Cartel, I’ve become the deadliest and youngest Teniente ever. I’m ready to pull her back to the family by any means necessary.

I will not let the opportunity to take back what’s mine pass me by. Even if she hates my guts for eternity.

I’ll end everyone for her; burn this world to the ground for her. She belongs to me. Ella siempre será mía!

No matter the consequences, together, we will rule the La Fuentes Cartel as King and Queen.


Check out all my interviews/reviews for Kindra White!
https://readingbydeb.blogspot.com/2022/07/author-at-glance-kindra-white.html#more


Bio:

Fantasy and Paranormal romance author Kindra White is a mother of three and a wife. 

Born on the island of Aruba, she is an avid reader who took the plunge and started creating her own books to help break the stigma that women face. 

She currently lives in Enschede, The Netherlands, where when she’s not bringing readers more books, she enjoys baking a killer cheesecake and taking care of her family.

Connect with Kindra:



GOLDENCREST PACK
A Collection of Holiday Stories

Get your copy today!
Available in Kindle Unlimited!

BLURB:

Seven stories in this collection, from sweet short story to hot and steamy novellas.

Join the Goldencrest Pack in the celebration of the holidays. From Valentine's day to Christmas, and every holiday in between. A short story series that will captivate you with sweet romances, loveable characters, and HEA.

Cupid and The Wolf: Enemies to Lovers
The only day that they worship me and remember that I exist. As soon as February the fourteenth is over, no one remembers me anymore. I’m Cupid,
dammit! - Carys

The She-Wolf and her Leprechaun: Friends to Lovers
This is my year, I know it. I only need to get that elusive little green munchkin at the end of the rainbow with his pot of gold. No, correction, I just need to win the freaking games this year. - Saoirse

The Easter Bunny and the Wolf: Secret Royalty
"You have the power to make all this go away, if you wanted.” My heart was beating rapidly all the way in my throat, making my voice falter, but my resolution to not go back will not falter. - Anja

The Dragon and his Wolf: CEO/Billionaire
“My dear Stephanos, how wrong you are. I have accepted my fate centuries ago. Finding a mate is not in the stars for us.” I tried not to let the sting of not having found my mate color my voice, but I failed miserably. - Ladon

The Banshee and her Lovers: Reverse Harem
My mouth went dry while my pulse quickened. Three sets of flared eyes bore into me, stopping me in my tracks. Making me forget my own name, forget where I was. I could feel flutters blossoming in my stomach. - Clíona

The Huntress and the Wolf: Forbidden Love
“Nope, not happening. I’m a freaking huntress.” I kept repeating as if it would make it not true. It cannot be, me of all people mated to that…that abomination. - Dhelia

The Alpha and his Christmas Fairy: Mistaken Identity/Fake Relationship
“It’s not that I will marry this girl, I just need her to solidify my claim as alpha and then tragically break up with her.” - Greyson


No comments:

Post a Comment