Wednesday, June 30, 2021

INTERVIEW with AUDREY RUSH



First off, I want to thank Audrey Rush for taking the time for this interview!


My first opportunity to read and review an Audrey Rush book was Dangerous Silence.  Although I have read mafia books in the past, this was probably my first time reading anything on the dark side and Audrey got me hooked.  

In real life, I would be horrified about the circumstances that these strong women have endured (and you have to be REAL strong to put up with what they have) and run as fast as I could, but I have found out that I don't have triggers when it comes to reading.  It's FICTION!

I won't apologize for my reading habits and will let you know that Audrey Rush is one of the best that I've read regarding the dark side of passion and human nature.

I hope you enjoy this interview and if you like to travel on the dark side, I hope you'll give Audrey Rush a chance.  Her books are amazing!


BIO:

Audrey Rush writes dark romance featuring redeemable antiheroes and the badass heroines who love to challenge them. She grew up on the West Coast, but currently lives in the South with her husband and toddler. She writes during naptime. 


When and how did you know you wanted to be a writer?

I've always loved writing (letters, blogs, amateur fantasy novels), but during my freshman year of college, I started reading dirty bdsm romance books.  One of my favorite books (A Good Student by Elliot Mabeuse) was about a dominant writer/professor falling in love with his submissive student.  By the end of the school year, I had signed up for every writing class that I could.  I wanted to write about those worlds too, just like the hero did. 


Did you have any influencing writers growing up?

Pauline Réage/Anne Desclos, Mary Gaitskill, Elliot Mabeuse 


Are any of your characters based on people in real life?

No....I'd be scared to meet people like my characters! :D


Where do you draw your book inspirations from?

A lot of the times, I'll be doing housework while listening to music, and I'll dream up these insane scenes full of violence and sensuality.  Those are the seeds of my novels.


Do you use have a basic outline when starting a new story or do you let the characters lead the way?

I am 110% an outliner.  Sometimes the characters lead the way, but I know how we're getting to the ending. 


When you are picturing the characters in your book, do you have a cheater photo for inspiration?

Yes!  I prefer my characters to look as close to the cover models as possible, so I base the descriptions on those stock photography models.


Many people read as a form of escape and relaxation.   What is your favorite way to sit back and relax?

I have high anxiety, so I don't relax often. :P  But writing is actually really, really fun for me.  I am lucky to be doing my dream job. <3


Who are your favorite current authors to read?

I read a little bit of everyone in the dark romance genre, but Kitty Thomas is a one-click author for me.


What are your favorite books by others?

The last book that really stayed with me was Ward by Zoe Blake.  That book horrified and titillated me, my absolute favorite combination! 


Do the locations in the stories have any meaning to you?

Las Vegas often comes up in my stories.  I lived there for five years and miss it so much.


Do you write in single or multiple POV?

Multiple POV. 


What do you find to be your best research tool?

Children's nonfiction books have just the perfect amount of technical details for writing fiction. 


Do you write under a pen name?  Also, do you write under more than one name?

I do write under a pen name.  I also have a few erotica pen names that I haven't published under in over a year. 


What genre do you write and why is this your preference?

I write dark romance.  For me, it's the perfect mix of creepiness, darkness, kink, and love.


Tell me something about yourself outside of writing.  Jobs, accomplishments, family, quirky traits....what led to you being you?

I am a retired stripper, which influences my view of the world, my writing, and my relationships.  Strip clubs seem shady, and sometimes they are, but really, a lot of people are just lonely (customers and strippers alike).  The job makes you empathetic. 


What advice would you give to an aspiring writer?

Don't get stuck perfecting one book.  It will never be perfect.  Finish the book, then move on, and write the next one.  Each book gets easier, I promise!

 

Connect w/ Audrey: 

EMAIL:

WEBSITE:

FACEBOOK:

FACEBOOK GROUP:

AMAZON:

GOODREADS:

INSTAGRAM:

TWITTER:
https://twitter.com/AudreyRushBooks

NEWSLETTER SIGN-UP:


Check out my reviews of Audrey Rush's books!

ADLER BROTHERS Series
DANGEROUS SILENCE (Book Two)


AFTERGLOW Series
HIS TOY (Book One)

ART OF RUIN Series
CRUELTY & FIRE (Book One)

THE MARKED BLOOMS SERIES
BROKEN SURRENDER (Book One)


ADLER BROTHERS Series
Available in Kindle Unlimited!




AFTERGLOW Series!
Available in Kindle Unlimited!



ART OF RUIN Series!
Available in Kindle Unlimited!


THE MARKED BLOOMS Series!
Available in Kindle Unlimited!


No comments:

Post a Comment