Tuesday, April 27, 2021

INTERVIEW with CATHARINA MAURA



First off, I want to thank Catharina Maura so much for taking the time to answer my questions!!!


The first book of Catharina's that I read was FOREVER AFTER ALL and I loved it so much that I joined her Street Team.  Next was her MAYHEM series and let me warn you now - I cried ugly tears when reading this series.  Catharina always gives you a Happily Ever After, but the hero and heroine have to fight to get there.

I haven't read all of Catharina Maura's books, but they are on my TBR list and I will treasure them always.

They are definitely books you will want to re-read in the future!


BIO:

"Catharina Maura writes deliciously angsty romance that'll give you all the feels.  You'll usually find her daydreaming about the characters that waltz through her thoughts, begging for a happily ever after".



When and how did you know you wanted to be a writer?

I've been writing since I was a child, but it wasn't until the pandemic hit that I decided I wanted to give it a real chance.  I haven't looked back since :)


Did you have any influencing writers growing up?

Not really, but I did grow up reading a ton of Harlequin books.  It's where my love of romance came from.


Are any of your characters based on people in real life?

No, never.


Where do you draw your book inspirations from?

It's often songs, but sometimes inspiration comes out of nowhere.  I might have a general idea of the type of story I want to write, and the rest sort of falls together.


Do you use have a basic outline when starting a new story or do you let the characters lead the way?

I don't really plot very much, but I do have a general idea of where I'd like a story to go, and I also make sure I really know who my characters are before I start writing.


When you are picturing the characters in your book, do you have a cheater photo for inspiration?

No, not at all.


Many people read as a form of escape and relaxation.   What is your favorite way to sit back and relax?

I actually really enjoy reading when I'm not writing.  That's probably my favourite escape.


Who are your favorite current authors to read?

Amy Harmon and Colleen Hoover


What are your favorite books by others?

It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover was phenomenal.  A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini was also brilliant.


Do the locations in the stories have any meaning to you?

No, not really.  I generally set my stories in large cities, because I've always lived in large cities myself.


Do you write in single or multiple POV?

Generally, I write in dual POV.


What genre do you write and why is this your preference?

Contemporary Romance.  It isn't really a preference, but it just comes more natural to me.  I'd love to get into paranormal or fantasy, though.


What advice would you give to an aspiring writer?

Just write :)  If you keep writing, you'll keep learning and improving.  That's all you can really hope for: that you learn something new with every book, and that your writing continues to improve.


Check out all my interviews/reviews for Catharina Maura!

Connect w/ Cat: 





No comments:

Post a Comment