Thursday, April 29, 2021

INTERVIEW with NJ BHOGAYTA




I want to thank N J Bhogayta for taking the time to answer my interview questions!  💗


N J Bhogayta is a new author and I am so happy to have found her books.  Her books are very well written and I felt I was a participating character in her books.

I am looking forward to reading much more by N J Bhogayta in the future!


BIO:

NJ Bhogayta is the author of dark romance series Krish, out now on Amazon KU.  NJ's third book in the series, After Krish will be coming out this summer.



When and how did you know you wanted to be a writer?

I have always loved stories and hence reading became a key part of my life.  I also began to make up my own stories and jotting them down at a youing age but I didn't really get into publishing my books until 2018.


Did you have any influencing writers growing up?

So many!  Where to start?  I was influenced by Enid Blyton, Raold Dahl, Dr. Seuss, Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm, Hans Christian Anderson, Alfred Hitchcock, Franklin W. Dixon and many many more amazing story tellers. 


Are any of your characters based on people in real life?

Good question.  I tend to focus on specific charactter traits in different people that catch my attention because they are either very pronounced or just plain odd.


Where do you draw your book inspirations from?

Nature has always inspired me.  I love nature and I'm a big in meditation so I tend to go out into quiet places in nature, esp with flowing water and then a word or phrase or name or song or image pops into my head which gets my creative juices flowing.


Do you use have a basic outline when starting a new story or do you let the characters lead the way?

I usually have a starting scene and then the characters do their own. thing.  I never know how my books are going to end.  Hence the infamous cliffhangers 😊


When you are picturing the characters in your book, do you have a cheater photo for inspiration?

Nope.  I find using existing people can interfere with the creative process esp if you know a few things about the individual.  When writing, a character's image forms in my mind and go with it.


Many people read as a form of escape and relaxation.   What is your favorite way to sit back and relax?

Well, reading 😊  Also like nature walks and relaxing with family and friends.  Alternative theraphies such as energy psychology and energy medicine really interest me and is part of my day job as a therapist so I do a lot of research in this field.


Who are your favorite current authors to read?

I'm reading a lot of non-fiction at the moment specific to energy psychology and medicine - authors like Phyllis Krystal and Diana Cooper.


What are your favorite books by others?

How much time have you got? 😏  Too many to name!  I tend to revert to the classics such as Jane Eyre, Pride and Prejudice.  I also like the works of Nora Roberts, Kate Mosse and many, many more.  The list is endless!  😊


Do the locations in the stories have any meaning to you?

Not particularly.  Generally I prefer to write about places I am familiar with.


Do you write in single or multiple POV?

Krish, my current dark romance series is in first person POV.  I have written (as yet unpublished works) in multiple POV.


What do you find to be your best research tool?

Life 😃


Do you write under a pen name?

Yep, I have used my pen name N J Bhogayta for the Krish series.


What genre do you write and why is this your preference?

I love fantasy, thrillers and romance but my current inspiration is leaning towards dark romance and suspense.


What advice would you give to an aspiring writer?

Read every genre and as many different authors as you can.  And write, write, write everyday.  If possible, do a creative writing course because you learn so much and it works wonders for one's confidence.

 

Check out all my interviews/reviews for NJ Bhogayta!


Connect w/ N J:



No comments:

Post a Comment