Tuesday, July 20, 2021

INTERVIEW with APARNA GAYLE

 


First, I want to thank Aparna Gayle for taking the time for my interview questions! 


Do you like strong women who demand respect?  How about dirty-talking gorgeous men and smoking hot sex?  Add in some vengeance and a little darkness and you have a perfect Aparna Gayle novel!

As you can tell from this interview and as I found out when I read Their Sweet Chaos, Aparna Gayle has a wicked sense of humor and I plan to read more by this author in the future! 

Enjoy!


Amazon Bio:

Fun, easy-going, down-to-earth, passionate, and friendly with a mouth that would make a sailor blush is how young romance author Aparna Gayle can be described.

Aparna Gayle creates steamy stories about strong, fierce, strong-willed, and badass females who fall in love with the only men created who can bring them willingly to their knees. 

Her heroines and anti-heroines are usually shrouded in darkness, and they tend to fall in love with anti-heroes who contain even more darkness than them. And instead of trying to change the men, they fall in love with, they embrace and accept them for who they are.

When she's not creating her next story, you can find her positioned in front of her T.V binge-watching series, curled up in bed reading stories about sexy, possessive alpha males who dominate the females they fall in love with, or running jokes and chilling with her family and very close friends.



When and how did you know you wanted to be a writer?

When my brother introduced me to Wattpad a few years back and I fell in love with reading, then I kept feeling disappointed with the endings so I thought, hey, why not write your own. So I did.


Did you have any influencing writers growing up?

No, none.


Are any of your characters based on people in real life?

They aren't, but some of the names that are used throughout my books are names of the people closest to me.


Where do you draw your book inspirations from?

To be completely honest, my inspirations mostly come from the twisted dreams I dive into at nights when I fall asleep. Lol.


Do you use have a basic outline when starting a new story or do you let the characters lead the way?

My characters are a pain in the ass 99% of the time, and following commands from me are not in their make up, so I tend to just go with the flow.


When you are picturing the characters in your book, do you have a cheater photo for inspiration?

When picturing the characters, I mainly focus on my mc's, about what kind of man I'd like to take to my bed in that moment, and as soon as I have a clear picture in my head, my fc's follow suit. 


Many people read as a form of escape and relaxation.   What is your favorite way to sit back and relax?

Outside in the cool breeze with some RnB music playing softly and some chocolates to munch on while I get lost in a fictional world.


Who are your favorite current authors to read?

Currently, I'm not even sure. 


What are your favorite books by others?

There are too much to list, but my preference is dark romance, and dark paranormal romance. 


Do the locations in the stories have any meaning to you?

I've never left Jamaica before, but one day when I do, I plan to visit everywhere I've written about, in the order that my books are written. 


Do you write in single or multiple POV?

I tend to write in single POV, but whenever my characters let their mouths loose and fail to shut up, I indulge them in a few seconds in the spotlight.


What do you find to be your best research tool?

I tend to make shit up most of the time, so I guess my imagination would be the answer to that question. Lol. 


Do you write under a pen name?  Also, do you write under more than one name?

The name I write under is indeed a pseudonym, and while I've only published under one, I have two more waiting to be published in the near future.


What genre do you write and why is this your preference?

I write under the romance genre. Romance is my preference because I can show the world that even though it isn't always perfect, as long as two people love each other, they can make it perfect for them.


Tell me something about yourself outside of writing.   Jobs, accomplishments, family, quirky traits....what led to you being you?

I'm a busi.ed. student, second to last child of a nuclear family, and what makes me me is that I tend to speak my mind, no matter how dirty, and I live my life for myself first because I tend to don't give a f*ck what anyone thinks about me. Your opinion is yours, keep it.


If you are a duo writing team, how do you share the writing process?

Never done a collab before, but one day soon I hope to team up with a dark romance author.


What advice would you give to an aspiring writer?

Write for yourself first, because if you keep worrying about what everyone else thinks, you'll second guess yourself until you end up never writing a single word. Not everyone will love you, that's not your fault. Love yourself enough and wear their dislike as your shield. 


Connect w/ Aparna:

EMAIL:  

WEBSITE: 

FACEBOOK:

AMAZON:

GOODREADS:

BOOKBUB:

INSTAGRAM:

TWITTER:


Check out my review of books by Aparna Gayle!


Start reading now!
Available in Kindle Unlimited!

2 comments: