Wednesday, July 28, 2021

INTERVIEW with VERONICA VALENTINE





I want to thank Veronica Valentine for taking the time for this interview!


My first time reading one of Veronica's books (it definitely won't be the last) was STUPID CUPID!  It is a fantasy romance with a mix of Greek gods and humans and it is absolutely hilarious!  I fell in love with Eros and from that moment Veronica Valentine!

I hope you enjoy this interview as much as I did and that you pick up a Veronica Valentine book to read for yourself!


Author Bio:

Veronica Valentine is the award-winning former journalist turned author behind the forthcoming paranormal romance series, Draven's Inferno.

Veronica writes passionate and conflicted characters cast into love stories that burn and consume.

A lover of all things dark and stormy, Veronica relishes gothic yarns, monster lore, classic mythology, falling for her own heroes, and the enchanting American west. She lives in the glittering Las Vegas desert with her hot husband, beautiful but mouthy teenage daughter, and a black cat named Charlie.

Veronica loves hearing from readers. Visit www.veronicavalentinewrites.com to connect with her on social media or send her an email at v@veronicavalentinewrites.com.


When and how did you know you wanted to be a writer?

I've always wanted to be a writer.  I wrote my first book in the third grade.  I was about a dolphin that could sing. 


Did you have any influencing writers growing up?

R.L. Stine, Linda Howard, Anne Rice


Are any of your characters based on people in real life? 

Yes, actually.  The teenage daughter of my heroine in Draven's Inferno: Nightfall, which will come out in September, is based on my own teenage daughter.  Their attitudes are identical. 


Where do you draw your book inspirations from?

Storylines just come to me.  But I find inspiration from movies, nature, and life, in general. 


Do you use have a basic outline when starting a new story or do you let the characters lead the way?

Both.  I do a basic, three beat outline for each chapter, but it's guided but what my characters are telling me to do.


When you are picturing the characters in your book, do you have a cheater photo for inspiration?

I don't, although I do casting in my mind.  Eros from my Stupid Cupid duet is based on the actor Ian Sommerhalder. 


Many people read as a form of escape and relaxation.  What is your favorite way to sit back and relax?

I like to get out in nature and watch documentaries about great white sharks.  They're my fav!


Who are your favorite current authors to read?

Oh, wow.  There are so many.  I love Temperance Dawn and Kresley Cole, currently. 


What are your favorite books by others?

 Anything in the Night Huntress or Immortals After Dark series


Do the locations in the stories have any meaning to you?

Most of my books at least begin in Las Vegas, which is my home, and a place that I love. 


Do you write in single or multiple POV?

Both.  Depends on the book. 


What do you find to be your best research tool?

YouTube and the Internet. 


Do you write under a pen name?  Also, do you write under more than one name?

Yes, this is a pen name. :)


What genre do you write and why is this your preference?

Romance.  Because I'm in love with love, and I always have been. 


Tell me something about yourself outside of writing.  Jobs, accomplishments, family, quirky traits....what led to you being you?

I'm a former journalist who is in love with the rockabilly subculture.  I wear vintage clothes and would label myself a goth chick.  Black is my favorite color.

And I've been obssessed with mythology for a very long time.  I love the gods, and they love me. :)


What advice would you give to an aspiring writer?

Just keep writing.  Even when it sucks.  Get your ideas on paper.  Writers write. 


Connect w/ Veronica:

No comments:

Post a Comment